Windows 10: INSTALL AND ACTIVATION

Discus and support INSTALL AND ACTIVATION in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; DEAR at the time of system buying windows 8 home edition is geting, after 1 year it is updated to windows 10 home edition, present my system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NITHYASREEMAKKENA, Jul 27, 2020.

1. INSTALL AND ACTIVATION

DEAR

at the time of system buying windows 8 home edition is geting, after 1 year it is updated to windows 10 home edition,

present my system hardware HDD fail, i replace new HDD,

which software i installed now windows 8 or windows 10, i have my product key

please support

:)

NITHYASREEMAKKENA, Jul 27, 2020

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jul 27, 2020
  3. csatennis Win User
    Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Jul 27, 2020
  4. DavidY Win User

INSTALL AND ACTIVATION

Newbie needs advice moving Win8.1 ==> Win10

In your shoes I would
    1. Take a backup of the OS drive with Macrium Reflect, as suggested
    2. Download the ISO and do an Upgrade install (step 7 in this tutorial)
    Macrium gives you a way back if the upgrade doesn't work, and I also think that doing an Upgrade install is probably likely to be your quickest route to being activated on Windows 10 by the deadline.

Once activated, you can consider doing a clean install later but without the time pressure.

DavidY, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

INSTALL AND ACTIVATION

1. INSTALL AND ACTIVATION - Similar Threads - INSTALL ACTIVATION

2. Activate Windows after installing Win11 from Win10 without activating beforehand

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activate Windows after installing Win11 from Win10 without activating beforehand: I downloaded the Windows 11 23h2 ISO from the website and created a PXE image with MDT and WDS. Once the install was completed and I tried to activate windows it says it "can not validate my Product Key". I did not activate Windows 10 Pro system before installing the new...
  3. Activate Windows after installing Win11 from Win10 without activating beforehand

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate Windows after installing Win11 from Win10 without activating beforehand: I downloaded the Windows 11 23h2 ISO from the website and created a PXE image with MDT and WDS. Once the install was completed and I tried to activate windows it says it "can not validate my Product Key". I did not activate Windows 10 Pro system before installing the new...
  4. Activate Windows after installing Win11 from Win10 without activating beforehand

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Can't activate Windows after new motherboard install. Tried troubleshooting methods,...

Can't activate Windows after new motherboard install. Tried troubleshooting methods,...: I installed a new motherboard and installed my windows 8.1 pro software. I was unable to access the internet on this machine with Windows 8 because the hardware did not support windows 8 drivers. So I downloaded a windows 10 upgrade and upgraded to windows 10. Now it's asking...
  6. Unable to Activate Windows 11 after OS Re-install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Activate Windows 11 after OS Re-install: Howdy everyone!I recently had a lot of trouble with Windows updates not completing and several applications that were consistently crashing. Things reached a point where I wanted to reset the OS. I figured resetting the OS would solve the problem; however, it would not let me...
  7. Unable to Activate Windows 11 after OS Re-install

Unable to Activate Windows 11 after OS Re-install: Howdy everyone!I recently had a lot of trouble with Windows updates not completing and several applications that were consistently crashing. Things reached a point where I wanted to reset the OS. I figured resetting the OS would solve the problem; however, it would not let me...
  8. I cannot activate Windows 10 Pro on a new PC with Windows installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot activate Windows 10 Pro on a new PC with Windows installed: I have just migrated my system drive from a PC with Windows 10 Pro to another PC with Windows 10 Pro already installed. The migration did not migrate Windows but all the rest of C: A key finder has identified 2 Win 10 product keys but I have no way of inputting either of...
  9. I cannot activate Windows 10 Pro on a new PC with Windows installed

I cannot activate Windows 10 Pro on a new PC with Windows installed: I have just migrated my system drive from a PC with Windows 10 Pro to another PC with Windows 10 Pro already installed. The migration did not migrate Windows but all the rest of C: A key finder has identified 2 Win 10 product keys but I have no way of inputting either of...
  10. I cannot activate Windows 10 Pro on a new PC with Windows installed