Windows 10: Install and format new SSD unsing Windows 10

Discus and support Install and format new SSD unsing Windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have just installed a new SSD and need to initialise and format this prior to use. Following advice from Crucial and various internet sites, I should... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ReneMcConnell, May 17, 2022.

1. Install and format new SSD unsing Windows 10

I have just installed a new SSD and need to initialise and format this prior to use. Following advice from Crucial and various internet sites, I should simply right click on the drive and select these options but when doing this the options I get areNew Simple VolumeNew Spanned VolumeNew Striped VolumeNew Mirrored VolumeNew RAID5 VoliumePropertiesHelpDo I select one of these and continue, or have I missed some vital step in the installation process.Yous assistance would be appreciated.

:)

ReneMcConnell, May 17, 2022
  2. areamike Win User

Partition SSD during windows 10 install

During the Windows 10 install you will have the option to Format the drive. Once you do that, you can click the 'New" button with the drive selected and create a new partition on the SSD. And then format it is it requires it. Which I think it does. It's been a little while since I've done it.
    google is your friend too.

areamike, May 17, 2022
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, May 17, 2022
  4. Install and format new SSD unsing Windows 10

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 17, 2022
Thema:

Install and format new SSD unsing Windows 10

1. Install and format new SSD unsing Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Install format SSD

2. Formatted SSD and computer won’t find it on new window 10 installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Formatted SSD and computer won’t find it on new window 10 installation: hello,i am inquiring for some help. i had one of my older clients set up a new computer model is B1400CEAE-C53P-CA and set up a microsoft account and forgot the password. since they weren’t able to figure it out i was trying to format the ssd and then just reinstall windows...
  3. Formatted SSD and computer won’t find it on new window 10 installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Formatted SSD and computer won’t find it on new window 10 installation: hello,i am inquiring for some help. i had one of my older clients set up a new computer model is B1400CEAE-C53P-CA and set up a microsoft account and forgot the password. since they weren’t able to figure it out i was trying to format the ssd and then just reinstall windows...
  4. Formatted SSD and computer won’t find it on new window 10 installation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Installing Windows 10 on new SSD

Installing Windows 10 on new SSD: hello, i am adding a new ssd to my commputer. currently windows 10 is running on my hdd. oem license. can the same oem license support both windows on ssd and hdd?i might wipe down the hdd or remove it down the road.. since windows is in hdd first, does it mean the boot...
  6. Install and format new SSD unsing Windows 10

Install and format new SSD unsing Windows 10: I have just installed a new SSD and need to initialise and format this prior to use. Following advice from Crucial and various internet sites, I should simply right click on the drive and select these options but when doing this the options I get areNew Simple VolumeNew...
  7. Install and format new SSD unsing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Install and format new SSD unsing Windows 10: I have just installed a new SSD and need to initialise and format this prior to use. Following advice from Crucial and various internet sites, I should simply right click on the drive and select these options but when doing this the options I get areNew Simple VolumeNew...
  8. Format windows by using windows 10 recovery file when new SSD is installed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Format windows by using windows 10 recovery file when new SSD is installed: Few weeks ago, I purchase a new laptop which comes with life time licence windows 10 Home edition but what I can say. I am not happy with the performance of my laptop. So I decide to install an M.2 PCIe SSD in my laptop. I want to partition of my storage in such a way,...
  9. New Windows 10 install on new SSD

New Windows 10 install on new SSD: I am installing Windows 10 on a new SSD and have got to a screen that says "Make it Yours." This screen will not let me do anything. (locked up) I restarted the computer and it just goes back to the same screen with the same problem. NEED HELP!!! Thanks...
  10. Clean Win10 install on New SSD- formatting errors

Clean Win10 install on New SSD- formatting errors: Hi all, Operator skill level- medium - its been 4.5 years since my last build, zero experience installing Win8 or Win10 Brand new Clean install from full WIndows 10 USB3.0 retail package Gigabyte GA-970A-D3P motherboard AMD FX-8350 Black Edition Vishera 16 Gig...