Windows 10: Install and Uninstall OEM Windows 10 Pro license

Discus and support Install and Uninstall OEM Windows 10 Pro license in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; i have desktop with installed OEM Windows 10 Pro license but i need to un-install it and change the operating system to Linux. But after a week i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Rona DM, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Rona DM Win User

Install and Uninstall OEM Windows 10 Pro license

i have desktop with installed OEM Windows 10 Pro license but i need to un-install it and change the operating system to Linux. But after a week i decided to uninstall the linux and return the previous license which is OEM Windows 10 Pro license, is it possible?

Also, what is the difference of installation and activation on Windows license?

:)

Rona DM, Aug 26, 2019

2. Question On OEM Windows clean install......

"Flavors" of Windows licenses

Windows can be a little "odd" about license keys. There are at least 4 categories:
    • Retail
    • OEM
    • Volume (electronic download)
    • Corporate (no key needed)
    For guaranteed success, the license key and media should be in the same category. If you have retail media, you may not be able to install it using an OEM or Volume license key, even though the key is valid for that version of Windows. *Wtf :wtf: Apparently, this is part of Microsoft's anti-piracy scheme (i.e., all customers are guilty until proven innocent).

Static~Charge, Aug 26, 2019
  3. อยากสอบถามเกี่ยวกับ oem license windows 10 pro

เครื่องผมใช้ oem license ผมได้ทำการ clean install ใหม่ทั้งเครื่องลงโปรแกรมใหม่ทุกอย่าง ผมอยากสอบถามว่าผมยังใช้ oem license เดิมได้หรือไม่ครับ

(Windows 10 pro)

KunkarnSingha, Aug 26, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

Question On OEM Windows clean install......

Yea, I got that part, was just wondering if the OEM disk/key part was broken down into further catergories, like vendor specific - DELL, HP, etc. ?

What about service packs? I have a retail XP SP1 disk. I recall seeing a way to make a new disk with all the latest SP's. Sorry, rambling off topic here...

Sasqui, Aug 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Install and Uninstall OEM Windows 10 Pro license - Similar Threads - Install Uninstall OEM

2. Windows Pro downgraded to Home on OEM License of Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Pro downgraded to Home on OEM License of Pro: Dell OEM license for Windows 8 pro was upgraded to 11 pro a few years ago, now It's on 11 Home. I upgraded to Win 11 Pro some years ago and it's been fine. How do I go back to 11 Pro without having to reinstall? I used ShowKeyPlus and it shows installed key as Win 10 RTM Core...
  3. Windows Pro downgraded to Home on OEM License of Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Pro downgraded to Home on OEM License of Pro: Dell OEM license for Windows 8 pro was upgraded to 11 pro a few years ago, now It's on 11 Home. I upgraded to Win 11 Pro some years ago and it's been fine. How do I go back to 11 Pro without having to reinstall? I used ShowKeyPlus and it shows installed key as Win 10 RTM Core...
  4. OEM license to install on ubuntu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OEM license to install on ubuntu: Hello, I would like to purchase an OEM license for my ubuntu computer. I wanted to know if it is legit to install it? Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oem-license-to-install-on-ubuntu/d46f258e-60f5-4a2e-aa86-bdc76f9c9a9f
  5. Windows 10 OEM License

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 OEM License: Hi there looking for some answers. I am about to build a new PC, a week or two away and I am going to buy a Windows 10 OEM license. Does this come on a DVD? Something I wont be able to use, as it wont have a DVD reader. Or can I download the ISO file on a USB and use...
  6. Windows 10 Home to Pro OEM license upgrade?

Windows 10 Home to Pro OEM license upgrade?: Hello there, I want to upgrade my HP laptop from Windows 10 Home OEM license to Pro using retail key but i always get the error windows is not activated even though it is a genuine product key from Microsoft. Thanks in advance for any help....
  7. License Windows 10 OEM

License Windows 10 OEM: I understand that now the Windows 10 OEM license comes embedded in the BIOS. The institution in which I work asks me for a licensing document, how can I obtain it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/license-windows-10-oem/b66dbb96-0884-48ef-9b0a-ef3b7641ef9d
  8. Need Windows 10 Pro OEM License Clarification

Need Windows 10 Pro OEM License Clarification: I need to understand what restrictions apply to an OEM license on a purchased computer. I can see that it is for one computer only and locked to the motherboard or a computer configuration. What kinds of changes to the system would or would not invalidate the OEM license?...
  9. Can change windows 10 pro OEM license to windows 10 official license?

Can change windows 10 pro OEM license to windows 10 official license?: Hello I'm already using Windows 10 pro with OEM license since 2016 Nov, The point is I want to change every hardware systems even motherboard too but I don't want to lose my windows license. So can I switch from windows 10 pro OEM license to windows 10 pro official...
  10. Windows 10 OEM license

Windows 10 OEM license: I bought a Laptop which came with windows 10 home installed in the hard drive (HDD) and I want to transfer this OS to an M.2 Solid state drive (SSD) in the same Laptop. As it's an OEM license and says "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft...