Windows 10: Install app settings location?

Discus and support Install app settings location? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently found my old laptop updated to windows 10, and I'm trying to install an app that is not available on the Microsoft store. It notifies me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DailySheen, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Install app settings location?

I recently found my old laptop updated to windows 10, and I'm trying to install an app that is not available on the Microsoft store. It notifies me that the app is not on the store via pop-up, and gives me the option to change my app recommendation settings. However when I select this option, there is nothing in the options that allows me to change these settings. I've seen that there should be a simple drop-down bar that allows me to allow apps from Microsoft or from any source, but I cant find it anywhere. Also I am not In s mode. Any tips?

:)

DailySheen, Apr 15, 2020
  2. Karen Her Win User

Location setting

Hi,

This issue could occur due to incorrect location settings or it would depend on your IP address. We suggest you to check the location settings of your PC, and check if it helps. Here are the steps:

• Click the Start button, and select Settings.
    • Go to Privacy, and choose Location.
    • Make sure that the Location service is On.

If issue persists, then it has something to do with your IP address. It’s because the location detected depends on the location set on your IP address.

Let us know how it goes.

Karen Her, Apr 15, 2020
  3. my location on maps app is wrong.

Hi Don,

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Kindly follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Location privacy settings in search bar
      and click on Location privacy settings.
    • Here you can enable/disable the Location.
    • You may try to Enable/Disable the Maps app to use the

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Apr 15, 2020
  4. Naresh_K Win User

Install app settings location?

Getting Windows 10 to recognize an old app install location

Hello Luke,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I would like to inform you that you will need to re-install the game as some components of the game might not work properly which can cause the game to crash. However, you can download and install the game/apps from the store on an external drive.

Here are the steps on how you can install program to a different drive from a store.

• Go to windows settings.
    • Then click on System and then on Storage.
    • Under "Save locations," and on "New apps will save to," select the new drive location.

Once you completed the steps, new apps you download from the Windows Store will now install automatically in the new location.

Hope it helps.

Naresh Kumar

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Naresh_K, Apr 15, 2020
Thema:

Install app settings location?

1. Install app settings location? - Similar Threads - Install app settings

2. Folder location of Settings app Fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder location of Settings app Fix: Hi, I saw someone asking this question, precisely for rainmeter, and the answer is not quite right. I couldn't answer it too, hope this fix it.I surfed the whole internet for hours just for you Ares79T the message "I'd like to add Windows Settings launcher to PATH in order to...
  3. Folder location of Settings app Fix

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder location of Settings app Fix: Hi, I saw someone asking this question, precisely for rainmeter, and the answer is not quite right. I couldn't answer it too, hope this fix it.I surfed the whole internet for hours just for you Ares79T the message "I'd like to add Windows Settings launcher to PATH in order to...
  4. Folder location of Settings app Fix

in Windows 10 Customization
    Folder location of Settings app Fix: Hi, I saw someone asking this question, precisely for rainmeter, and the answer is not quite right. I couldn't answer it too, hope this fix it.the message I surfed the whole internet for hours just for you Ares79T"I'd like to add Windows Settings launcher to PATH in order to...
  5. location not set up for installing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    location not set up for installing games: i cant download games on xbox gamepass for pc because the location isnt set up for installing games even though it isdoes anyone have a fix, because this came out of nowhere...
  6. location not set up for installing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    location not set up for installing games: i cant download games on xbox gamepass for pc because the location isnt set up for installing games even though it isdoes anyone have a fix, because this came out of nowhere...
  7. Settings App File Location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Settings App File Location: I am trying to find the exact file location of the settings app in windows 10 for a program called Rainmeter. I found a thread on this website from way back in 2016 in which a person from Microsoft had answered this question by giving the file path. But when I go to the file,...
  8. Folder location of Settings app

Folder location of Settings app: Hi, I'd like to add Windows Settings launcher to PATH in order to usems-settings: directly from the prompt. However I'm unaware of the program's path. In another thread it was suggested it can be found inC:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ but attempting to gain permission to the...
  9. Set dowload location specific to apps???

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Set dowload location specific to apps???: I really need to find a way to tell certain apps to dowload in a different place than other apps... I know that chrome offers an option to set the dowload location seperately, but until now, only browsers have added this feature but no regular apps (like Teams). Also, if...
  10. Location Setting for web apps

Location Setting for web apps: How do I set a different location for my web apps on windows 10. Actually it's Windows 8 that has been upgraded to Windows 10 Thank you, P.S. Im trying to set my locations so it says I'm from a different state because im trying to get rid of a Stalker, Please Help Me!...