Windows 10: Install application for all users

Discus and support Install application for all users in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, I've installed an application that gets installed in a secure folder. One where you need admin credentials to remove. The problem is I would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Chesterbren, May 17, 2020.

1. Install application for all users

Hi all,

I've installed an application that gets installed in a secure folder. One where you need admin credentials to remove. The problem is I would like this application to launch in the system tray when other accounts are logged in. Currently it doesn't start the application in the tray when standard users log into their account. How can I force this from the admin side so the standard users have it launch when they log in. I do not want the standard user accounts to be able to prevent the launch of the program.

Thanks!

:)

Chesterbren, May 17, 2020

2. Installing Applications to Select User Accounts

Hi Lucas,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are trying to avoid the access of all the application in all users. We will help you try resolving this issue.

I suggest you to check while installing any software it gives an option to install on all users or any particular user only.

However this would be application specific to manufacturer.

You can try following the below steps also and check if it helps.

• When you install the software or an application, it makes a shortcut or copy to the public folder where all the users can access the application.
    • Open C:\ Drive and select Users.
    • Select Public, select the files which you don't want to be used by other users and delete the files or Cut and paste in Admin account folder.
    Note: To perform this steps be logged into Admin user.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 17, 2020
  3. Kreij Win User
    Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, May 17, 2020
  4. 0pTicaL Win User

Install application for all users

"Application Install install package failure!" while installing 13.9

Running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and MSI 6970 Lightning.

I was upgrading from 13.4 after I did a clean uninstall with AMD Catalyst Install Manager.

Doesn't say what installation failed in the install log. Everything in the log says Success but at the very bottom it says "Application Install: install package failure!" but doesn't say what failed to install.

I only install video drivers and no CCC.

The only thing I noticed is AMD Catalyst Install Manager is not listed in my programs list.

0pTicaL, May 17, 2020
Thema:

Install application for all users

1. Install application for all users - Similar Threads - Install application users

2. All application installation dates are the same

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All application installation dates are the same: After the Windows 10 feature update to 20H2, in the control panel, it is showing all of my application installation dates as today. Did this update completely install windows, and all of my applications? Is this a bug?...
  3. Disable programs installing for all users

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disable programs installing for all users: Somehow I can't find an answer on this on google. How do you disable a program like Steam for example installing when you create a new user? submitted by /u/ARandomNameIGuess2 [link] [comments]...
  4. Install an app for all users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Install an app for all users: Hi From the Microsoft Store on Windows 10 20H2, how do I install an app for all users? Thanks Bye 171707
  5. How to make files and applications available to all users

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to make files and applications available to all users: I just transferred all my applications and files to a new laptop running Win 10 Home. I created two user accounts Administrator and Standard User. When I log in as the Admin I can access all my applications and files. When I login as a Standard User I can only see some of my...
  6. Install apps on all users

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Install apps on all users: I purchased a game for my son on the app store, and installed it under my account. How do I install it under his account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-apps-on-all-users/8033e1f0-d342-4e85-b2de-8a28ef63875d
  7. Change startup application from all users to myself

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change startup application from all users to myself: Greetings, There is an application which is starting automatically for all users, and I would like to change it to start only for me. I think I may have found the application here: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run I thought I...
  8. Application not accessible from all user accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Application not accessible from all user accounts: I downloaded and installed several applications on my new Dell Windows 10 desktop PC. On it, there is one Admin account and three user accounts: J, E, and V. Installations were done using the Admin account. All the applications are accessible from all the accounts except...
  9. Microsoft Store not installed for all users

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store not installed for all users: The store was removed and the only way to get it back was to upgrade to 1903. After the upgrade the store is now functional but when trying to SysPrep it fails, stating the store is not installed for all users. How can I correct this....
  10. How to install application for only one user

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to install application for only one user: Hi How to install Microsoft office for one user. Thank You https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-application-for-only-one-user/83771954-56f5-4abc-a2ab-0a4c9999b7ca

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows store how to install for all users