Windows 10: Install approval from phone

Discus and support Install approval from phone in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have Microsoft safety accounts and several computers using them. All but one account are standard users. Is there an email or text option that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Chesterbren, May 18, 2020.

1. Install approval from phone

Hi,

I have Microsoft safety accounts and several computers using them. All but one account are standard users. Is there an email or text option that allows approval of an install without the admin actually needing to be in front of the computer. If not does anyone have any tips on how to make it easier?

Thanks

joe

:)

Chesterbren, May 18, 2020
  2. meebers Win User

Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, May 18, 2020
  3. Winuser Win User
    Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

When my phone fails to upgrade I just keep trying. One upgrade took 3 or 4 tries.

Winuser, May 18, 2020
  4. Install approval from phone

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, May 18, 2020
Thema:

Install approval from phone

1. Install approval from phone - Similar Threads - Install approval phone

2. Microsoft Family Approval Not Recognising Approval

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Approval Not Recognising Approval: Tried to download Chrome then Firefox to see if permissions worked so that each child can use different browser for learning driving me mad keep asking for passwords. Both asked for permissions from an adult to use which I clicked - then approved both on my own laptop both...
  3. Administrator approval required for installation

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Administrator approval required for installation: When I go to the Microsoft store and try to install a game (for example "Age of Empires Definitive Edition") I see a grayed out "Install" button. [ATTACH] I am logged in using an administrator account. What do I do now?...
  4. Approved Website

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Approved Website: Hello, I have setup accounts for both of my girls. I also added a few websites that I only want them to visit. When my daughter goes to the website it is accessible except for any of the links inside the website page. If she clicks on a link within the main website she...
  5. Parental Approval Required?????

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Parental Approval Required?????: Hi All help needed. I have set up child accounts for the kids as we are going on holiday and wont have internet access. I put £25 on the eldests account so that she can download some films and tv shows to download onto her tablet. Every time she wants to buy something...
  6. Installing approved game purchase on childs PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing approved game purchase on childs PC: I have purchased and approved the install of minecraft for my childs laptop. How do I install it on my childs laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-approved-game-purchase-on-childs-pc/d4f406c0-6361-40ec-8617-4384a7b18679
  7. Verizon requesting FCC to approve temp 60 day lock period on phones

in Windows 10 News
    Verizon requesting FCC to approve temp 60 day lock period on phones: A message from Ronan Dunne, executive vice president and group president of Verizon Wireless: Unfortunately, it’s a harsh reality that bad actors are always looking for ways to engage in fraud and identity theft. With private customer information in-hand, they defraud banks,...
  8. Install/Transfer games from phone to PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install/Transfer games from phone to PC: how to transfer downloaded games from my phone to my laptop Moved from: Accessories / Other Subject changed from: mobile devices https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installtransfer-games-from-phone-to-pc/87eca5fe-efb2-4a4f-98b4-4264019ecea4
  9. Is Bitlocker OSCCA approved / approved for use in China?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is Bitlocker OSCCA approved / approved for use in China?: China and some other countries have strict rules on encrypted technologies / TPM usage within their respective countries. Is BitLocker on the OSCCA approved list?...
  10. Admin approval

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Admin approval: Hi gang, need a little help ! I just did a recovery on this computer & everytime i go to download anything it ask me for admin approval, i want to turn this off !! Any help appreciated ! Thanks Chuck 85906