Windows 10: Install approval from phone

Discus and support Install approval from phone in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have Microsoft safety accounts and several computers using them. All but one account are standard users. Is there an email or text option that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Chesterbren, May 18, 2020.

1. Install approval from phone

Hi,

I have Microsoft safety accounts and several computers using them. All but one account are standard users. Is there an email or text option that allows approval of an install without the admin actually needing to be in front of the computer. If not does anyone have any tips on how to make it easier?

Thanks

joe

:)

Chesterbren, May 18, 2020
  2. meebers Win User

Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, May 18, 2020
  3. Winuser Win User
    Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

When my phone fails to upgrade I just keep trying. One upgrade took 3 or 4 tries.

Winuser, May 18, 2020
  4. Install approval from phone

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, May 18, 2020
Thema:

Install approval from phone

1. Install approval from phone - Similar Threads - Install approval phone

2. Administrator approval required for installation Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator approval required for installation Microsoft Store: I'm trying to install Enhanced graphics Pack and this message appeared afted download completes : "Administrator approval required for installation"I don't know how to proceed although I'm the admin on my PC. I'm operating on Windows 11 at the latest update....
  3. Press Approve to Microsoft Authenticator requests via Phone Link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Press Approve to Microsoft Authenticator requests via Phone Link: Hi,My client system needs me to authenticate myself my pressing on Approve/Deny via a Microsoft Authenticator app notification when I log in to the system. It gets a bit annoying that each time I have to open a client URL or login to the system I need to access my phone to...
  4. Press Approve to Microsoft Authenticator requests via Phone Link

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Press Approve to Microsoft Authenticator requests via Phone Link: Hi,My client system needs me to authenticate myself my pressing on Approve/Deny via a Microsoft Authenticator app notification when I log in to the system. It gets a bit annoying that each time I have to open a client URL or login to the system I need to access my phone to...
  5. Cant install Minecraft - parent approval bug!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant install Minecraft - parent approval bug!: I want to buy and install Minecraft on Windows 11. Im in a familyWhen I click buy I get an error see below: My parent sees NO alert to buy the app. No email. No alert in account.microsoft.com/profile or in family appHe previously approved it weeks ago but didn't pay for it....
  6. Cant install Minecraft - parent approval bug!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant install Minecraft - parent approval bug!: I want to buy and install Minecraft on Windows 11. Im in a familyWhen I click buy I get an error see below: My parent sees NO alert to buy the app. No email. No alert in account.microsoft.com/profile or in family appHe previously approved it weeks ago but didn't pay for it....
  7. Microsoft Family Approval Not Recognising Approval

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Approval Not Recognising Approval: Tried to download Chrome then Firefox to see if permissions worked so that each child can use different browser for learning driving me mad keep asking for passwords. Both asked for permissions from an adult to use which I clicked - then approved both on my own laptop both...
  8. Administrator approval required for installation

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Administrator approval required for installation: When I go to the Microsoft store and try to install a game (for example "Age of Empires Definitive Edition") I see a grayed out "Install" button. [ATTACH] I am logged in using an administrator account. What do I do now?...
  9. Installing approved game purchase on childs PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing approved game purchase on childs PC: I have purchased and approved the install of minecraft for my childs laptop. How do I install it on my childs laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-approved-game-purchase-on-childs-pc/d4f406c0-6361-40ec-8617-4384a7b18679
  10. Is Bitlocker OSCCA approved / approved for use in China?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is Bitlocker OSCCA approved / approved for use in China?: China and some other countries have strict rules on encrypted technologies / TPM usage within their respective countries. Is BitLocker on the OSCCA approved list?...