Windows 10: Install Audio card (like a Sound Blaster) to replace all Realtek cr*p

Discus and support Install Audio card (like a Sound Blaster) to replace all Realtek cr*p in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am so exasperated with trying to activate Realtek's Audio Console (AKA Audio Manager), I am considering installing an audio card like this. It has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Gyrobob, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Gyrobob Win User

Install Audio card (like a Sound Blaster) to replace all Realtek cr*p

I am so exasperated with trying to activate Realtek's Audio Console (AKA Audio Manager), I am considering installing an audio card like this. It has more outputs and inputs than the onboard audio, and should be a lot easier to hook up 5.1 sound systems like my logitech X-530. I would think it would be more effective with programs such as Audacity and Pro Tools, as well.

After many hours of trying to hook up the X-530 5.1 I am giving up. I never got to the point of actually getting all 6 speakers to work because after many different efforts over several hours, Realtek's Audio Manager never appeared. I spent most of the time just trying to get the audio manager to just show up.

Windows 10 Home x64 ver 2009 build 19042.746

The original thread titled "How to hook up Logitec X-530 to new HP Pavilion Desktop TP-01-0700" drifted into this new subject area, so I started this thread to discuss what effect an additional sound card will have on the situation. Will it allow me to hook up 5.1? Will its software replace all the realtek stuff?

:)

Gyrobob, Jan 26, 2021

2. Creative Announces the Sound Blaster Omni Surround 5.1 USB Sound Card

Creative Technology Ltd today announced an all new high performance external sound card - the Sound Blaster Omni Surround 5.1. On top of enhancing audio playback via Creative's SBX Pro Studio suite of processing technologies, the Sound Blaster Omni Surround 5.1 goes a step further to provide a more complete playback experience. The sound card comes with a 600 ohm headphone amplifier that allows discerning listeners to hear every enhanced audio detail through powerful studio-grade monitoring headphones.

Install Audio card (like a Sound Blaster) to replace all Realtek cr*p Creative_Sound_Blaster_Omni_Surround_5.1_01_thm.jpg

"We have always strived to ensure that our sound cards are packed with the latest features and technology, and that's why they represent the best upgrades from simple motherboard audio to full cinematic surround sound. This principle is reflected with the all new Omni Surround 5.1. With its 600 ohm headphone amplifier, users are able to enjoy a more complete immersive experience - the amplifier supports the capabilities of studio-grade monitoring headphones by giving them sufficient power to reproduce low frequency tones that are usually ignored, bringing the listening experience to a whole new level," says Low Long Chye, General Manager of the Audio Video Products Group.

Beyond a complete playback experience, the Sound Blaster Omni Surround 5.1 also features impressive recording capabilities that will be appreciated by today's new generation of audio content creators, including podcasters and budding YouTube musicians. It houses a built-in dual array microphone that records clear audio, and all recorded audio is further enhanced and cleaned up via Creative's CrystalVoice technologies.

Users can look forward to a painless installation process - the Sound Blaster Omni Surround 5.1 can be connected to laptops, PCs and Macs via a simple USB cable. The device also houses conveniently accessible controls and input options.

Intelligent Features of the Sound Blaster Omni Surround 5.1
    • Comes with Sound Blaster Omni Control Panel, a PC/Mac software suite that gives users full access and control over advanced SBX Pro Studio and CrystalVoice technologies for enhanced audio playback and recording
    • Dolby Digital Live allows users to connect to their decoder through a single optical cable for compelling 5.1 Surround Sound in addition to a 5.1 analog output
    • Comes with a 600 ohm amplifier for studio-grade monitoring, allowing every enhanced detail to be heard with great clarity
    • Built-in dual microphone array works in tandem with CrystalVoice technology for crystal clear audio pickup and recording, perfect for voice communications or audio content creation
    • Features a simple installation process, with users able to connect the Sound Blaster Omni Surround 5.1 to laptops/PCs/Macs via USB
    • Houses easily accessible controls and input options
    Sound Blaster Audigy Rx and Sound Blaster Audigy Fx - Internal PCIe Entertainment Sound Cards

Along with Sound Blaster Omni Surround 5.1, Creative also revealed the all new Sound Blaster Audigy Rx and Sound Blaster Audigy Fx - two internal sound cards that represent powerful upgrades from basic motherboard audio to immersive surround sound. The Sound Blaster Audigy Rx is an advanced internal 7.1 PCIe sound card, while the Sound Blaster Audigy Fx is an internal 5.1 half-height PCIe sound card. Both cards feature 600 ohm headphone amplifiers, a 106dB SNR and full customisation via their respective PC software suites. The Sound Blaster Audigy Rx has more advanced recording capabilities, with a dual microphone input for simultaneous multi-person audio recording, useful for podcasting or singing along with a friend.

Install Audio card (like a Sound Blaster) to replace all Realtek cr*p Creative_Sound_Blaster_Audigy_Fx_Rx_01_thm.jpg

Intelligent Features of the Sound Blaster Audigy Rx
    • Comes with Sound Blaster Audigy Rx Control Panel, a PC software suite that gives users full access and control over advanced technologies for enhanced audio playback and recording
    • EAX Studio Software allows for additional customisable environmental effects to music, movies, games and voice
    • Comes with a 600 ohm amplifier for studio-grade monitoring
    • Built-in dual microphone input allows for simultaneous multi-person podcasting or audio recording
    Intelligent Features of the Sound Blaster Audigy Fx
    • Comes with Sound Blaster Audigy Fx Control Panel, a PC software suite that gives users full access and control over advanced SBX Pro Studio technologies for enhanced audio playback and recording
    • Comes with a 600 ohm amplifier for studio-grade monitoring
    • Independent Line-in and microphone input allows user to play music from a smart device or MP3 player through the Sound Blaster Audigy Fx to get amazing sound quality
    Pricing and Availability
    The Creative Sound Blaster Entertainment sound cards are slated for availability in October 2013 at the online store at sg.store.creative.com and authorised dealers in Singapore, at the following suggested retail prices:
    • Creative Sound Blaster Omni Surround 5.1 - SGD109 (~ USD86)
    • Creative Sound Blaster Audigy Rx - SGD99 (~ USD78)
    • Creative Sound Blaster Audigy Fx - SGD59 (~ USD46)
    For more information about Creative Sound Blaster Entertainment sound cards, please visit sg.creative.com/p/sound-blaster.

Cristian_25H, Jan 26, 2021
  3. Sound blaster x-fi mb3

Hi Duncan,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern. Let me help you to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1.

I suggest you to run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.

• Click on Hardware and sound under Troubleshoot computer problems.

• Click on Hardware and devices under Devices.

• Click on Advanced on the Hardware and devices dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).
    • Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    If the issue still persist, try the below method.

Method 2.

Step 1.

I suggest you to go to the device manager and uninstall/reinstall the sound adapter driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager

• Now click on Sound, video and game controllers
      to expand, right click on the device and click on uninstall.

• Once you are done installing the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the sound adapter driver.
    If the issue still persist, try the below steps.

Step 2.

I suggest you to update the audio driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager
    • Now click on Sound, video and game controllers and right click on it and
      update the software.
    If the above methods did not help to fix the issue, try the below method.

Method 3.

I recommend you to go to the computer manufacturer website and download the latest updated sound adapter driver for Windows 10 and install the same. Visit the below link:

http://software.store.creative.com/p/software/sound-blaster-x-fi-mb3

Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jan 26, 2021
  4. Install Audio card (like a Sound Blaster) to replace all Realtek cr*p

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Delete ‪C:\Windows\System32\DTSAPOUI64.dll, install again
    If error still popup, just click ignore and run cmd as admin -> type regsvr32 DTSAPOUI64.dll

Use the original Realtek driver (not modded) and read tutorial on customize multiple audio effects with FX Configurator
    PureSoftApps: Tutorial: Customize multiple audio effects with FX Configurator
    One of the example is DTS Audio + Sound BlasterX 720
    Or just load W10_Custom_CT_Dolby_UWP_DTS_Render.ini for DTS Audio + Sound BlasterX 720 + Realtek Audio Effects + Dolby UWP

The install step has been written on APO Driver post(link)

alanfox2000, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

Install Audio card (like a Sound Blaster) to replace all Realtek cr*p

1. Install Audio card (like a Sound Blaster) to replace all Realtek cr*p - Similar Threads - Install Audio card

2. Is sound card worth replacing my audio codec Realtek ALC887?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is sound card worth replacing my audio codec Realtek ALC887?: I have a huge problem. My mic is picking up my voice and every single soundf.e system sounds, game sounds And I think it's because of my codec alc887, because Microsoft community managerif i remember told me that your video codec is too old. And I want to can soundcard fix...
  3. Is sound card worth replacing my audio codec Realtek ALC887?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is sound card worth replacing my audio codec Realtek ALC887?: I have a huge problem. My mic is picking up my voice and every single soundf.e system sounds, game sounds And I think it's because of my codec alc887, because Microsoft community managerif i remember told me that your video codec is too old. And I want to can soundcard fix...
  4. Is sound card worth replacing my audio codec Realtek ALC887?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Compatibility problem of Sound Blaster Cinema 6 with Realtek

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Compatibility problem of Sound Blaster Cinema 6 with Realtek: Hello everyone,After one week of research I've found a solution to this well known problem. The problem is occurred after Realtek's new update. So, update Realtek, restart PC, then remove Sound Blaster Cinema 6. Install Sound Blaster Cinema 6+ instead. Problem fixed, case is...
  6. Compatibility problem of Sound Blaster Cinema 6 with Realtek

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Compatibility problem of Sound Blaster Cinema 6 with Realtek: Hello everyone,After one week of research I've found a solution to this well known problem. The problem is occurred after Realtek's new update. So, update Realtek, restart PC, then remove Sound Blaster Cinema 6. Install Sound Blaster Cinema 6+ instead. Problem fixed, case is...
  7. Compatibility problem of Sound Blaster Cinema 6 with Realtek

8. Sound Blaster audio output

Sound Blaster audio output: I have a Dell Computer with Windows 10. Started out with Windows 7 and with automatic updates over the years to Windows 10. Problem: My sound system is Creative Sound Blaster “Recon3D PCIe.” After the last Windows update the sound has been unreliable, such as no sound...
  9. Cr@p apps like Candy Crush Saga keeps autoinstalling

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cr@p apps like Candy Crush Saga keeps autoinstalling: So, I keep getting $%#$^% apps that I don't want trying to autoinstall on my Windows 10 device. I didn't ask for them, and it's infuriating that they think they can just walk onto my system and make themselves home. I don't want Candy Crush Saga. Or that stupid puzzle...
  10. realtek audio no sound

realtek audio no sound: i have win10 pro and recently had to reset it, though lost most of my apps it is running now but no sound i have realtek audio and everything i tried still no sound and my drivers are up to date. any solutions?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. creative labs drivers for logitech x530