Windows 10: Install Calibre on most Linux VM's without Certificate error

Discus and support Install Calibre on most Linux VM's without Certificate error in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi there If you are running a Linux VM and want to install Calibre it's easily done and this method means you don't need to have a root certificate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by jimbo45, Oct 28, 2016.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Install Calibre on most Linux VM's without Certificate error

Hi there

If you are running a Linux VM and want to install Calibre it's easily done and this method means you don't need to have a root certificate (standard method throws up "Certificate Error").

simply from command line in most distros :

sudo -v && wget -nv -O- https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ko...x-installer.py | sudo python -c "import sys; main=lambda x:sys.stderr.write('Download failed\n'); exec(sys.stdin.read()); main('/opt')"

Ensure python is installed.

Works fine just like the Windows version.

Since I have far more HDD space on my Linux VM's than the windows host seems great that this very useful program works on Linux.

Install Calibre on most Linux VM's without Certificate error [​IMG]

Install Calibre on most Linux VM's without Certificate error [​IMG]

I needed to get this working as eventually the library will be moved to my NAS servers.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Oct 28, 2016
  2. [MGS] Win User

Find Windows 10 License Key

Thanks for your reply. I have one more question:

Can I remove Windows 10 from the computer, install Linux on it, and then run Windows 10 in a virtual machine inside Linux without having to buy a Windows 10 licence? Or will I have to install Windows 8 in the VM using the product key?

[MGS], Oct 28, 2016
  3. Hyper-V does not boot ISO image, but VMWare Player does

I have Win 10 pro with Hyper-V. I have created a new Generation 1 and Generation 2 VM and point the ISO image to boot. On connecting and starting either of the VMs (only 1 at a time), the only thing i see is Connecting to Yogesh-Linux (which is the name
    of my VM). It does not go any further. I installed VMWare player and disabled Credential Guard as required by it and created a new VM pointing to the same ISO image. VMWare player was able to boot the image and complete the install of the Ubuntu Linux.

YogeshJiandani, Oct 28, 2016
Thema:

Install Calibre on most Linux VM's without Certificate error

1. Install Calibre on most Linux VM's without Certificate error - Similar Threads - Install Calibre Linux

2. install error with certificates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    install error with certificates: while trying to update a new install win7 32 bit using the refurbished install disc I am constantly getting this message how do I correct this. I can't get windows update to run with out error code 80072EFE...
  3. install error with certificates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    install error with certificates: while trying to update a new install win7 32 bit using the refurbished install disc I am constantly getting this message how do I correct this. I can't get windows update to run with out error code 80072EFE...
  4. Can I install Garuda Linux in an Azure VM ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I install Garuda Linux in an Azure VM ?: Hi everyone,I want to use Garuda Linux on my Azure VM by either using an ORACLE VIRTUALBOX or ANY OTHER suitable way.But for that I need Hyper-V which is not available in any Azure VMs. I know nested virtualization exists, but I tried various VM sizes, Ds2_v3, e-series and...
  5. Can I install Garuda Linux in an Azure VM ?

Can I install Garuda Linux in an Azure VM ?: Hi everyone,I want to use Garuda Linux on my Azure VM by either using an ORACLE VIRTUALBOX or ANY OTHER suitable way.But for that I need Hyper-V which is not available in any Azure VMs. I know nested virtualization exists, but I tried various VM sizes, Ds2_v3, e-series and...
  6. Linux install error

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Linux install error: wsl --install The requested operation requires elevation. I want to install linux on my pc it is giving me error like this , how to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/linux-install-error/9e9b5bb2-3be3-4279-b7d9-e951e9a356e7
  7. Linux install error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Linux install error: wsl --install The requested operation requires elevation. I want to install linux on my pc it is giving me error like this , how to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/linux-install-error/9e9b5bb2-3be3-4279-b7d9-e951e9a356e7
  8. Linux install error

9. VMWare installing Linux / Windows VM's with NVme Disks

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VMWare installing Linux / Windows VM's with NVme Disks: Hi folks on Windows latest VMWare releases (>15.5.6 ) allow the use of an NVme driver -- works super well on bog standard SSD's too. For Windows VM's -- no problem just install your VM. However there's a catch when installing a Linux distro from a live distro (those that...
  10. Tor install on some Linux VM's fails with gpg key import error

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Tor install on some Linux VM's fails with gpg key import error: Hi folks those of you using TOR (or want to) on Linux VM's (or hosts for that matter) might come up with problem importing gpg key when installing via the distros package manager. (key too long etc - various errors). Either download source and compile yourself or download...