Windows 10: install downloaded windows 10 2004 iso file without any bootable flash drive or dvd

Discus and support install downloaded windows 10 2004 iso file without any bootable flash drive or dvd in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; can I upgrade this pc to extract iso file & run the setup ? is this method safe or not safe ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HarishBhatt 1974, Jun 5, 2020.

1. install downloaded windows 10 2004 iso file without any bootable flash drive or dvd

can I upgrade this pc to extract iso file & run the setup ?

is this method safe or not safe ?

:)

HarishBhatt 1974, Jun 5, 2020
  2. Luka KLLP Win User

Finding .IMG or .ISO file in Windows 8.1 Pro download

Hey guys,

In preparation for my new PC I downloaded Windows 8.1 Pro from Dreamspark, and I wanted to burn it to a DVD, so I can install it on the new PC.
    However, in the downloaded files I can't find a .IMG or .ISO file anywhere. I understood that the .IMG file is the one you need to burn to the DVD?

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Luka KLLP, Jun 5, 2020
  3. Bootable USB with ISO - What am I missing?

Tried the first program, but it fails .. not sure yet why but troubleshooting that ...

The pendrive seems to be only for linux? although seems very useful i dont think it will help me with this. Keeping it for future linux installs though

hmmm if I already have the iso, do I just throw that in the usb drive?

ok looking into this as well...

copenhagen69, Jun 5, 2020
  4. install downloaded windows 10 2004 iso file without any bootable flash drive or dvd

Bootable USB with ISO - What am I missing?

Have you copied all the files from the ISO to the flash drive? I can't see that step.

After step 10. (after formatting and making it the active partition)

Copy files from the ISO to flash drive.

Open CMD as administrator.

navigate to the flash drive, lets call it drive Z and type in the following commands.
    Z:
    cd boot
    bootsect.exe /nt60 z:
    exit

Then try again.

slyfox2151, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

install downloaded windows 10 2004 iso file without any bootable flash drive or dvd

1. install downloaded windows 10 2004 iso file without any bootable flash drive or dvd - Similar Threads - install downloaded 2004

2. Recovering file in bootable flash drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovering file in bootable flash drive: I have files in my flash drive then I accidentally download windows 10 in my flash drive, now it turn into bootable flash drive. I want to restore all the files in my flashdrive the file still in my flash drive because it still 24gb in used space while installer is less than...
  3. Recovering file in bootable flash drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovering file in bootable flash drive: I have files in my flash drive then I accidentally download windows 10 in my flash drive, now it turn into bootable flash drive. I want to restore all the files in my flashdrive the file still in my flash drive because it still 24gb in used space while installer is less than...
  4. Recovering file in bootable flash drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How to install an UEFI-based ISO (bootable with DVD) on an USB flash?

How to install an UEFI-based ISO (bootable with DVD) on an USB flash?: I have an UEFI-based ISO file for a tool on windows (This tool is NOT a WinOS but a separate utility tool). If I burn this ISO onto a DVD and boot it on an UEFI computer (without Secure Boot) everything works. However If I put this ISO with e.g. Rufus onto an USB flash drive...
  6. Is there any way to create a bootable usb flash drive without using the download tool?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is there any way to create a bootable usb flash drive without using the download tool?: i need to rescue my un-bootable Win10 x64 1909 Dell Inspiron, and the only other computer I have is a locked-down work laptop. Thanx for any help in advance. D...
  7. Creating a Bootable DVD with Linux .ISO

Creating a Bootable DVD with Linux .ISO: I am in need of creating a bootable DVD, whenever I put my DVD on the tray and enter it into the computer, I am greeted with a popup asking me which way I want to use this disc, 'Like a USB flash drive' or 'With a CD/DVD player'. I am trying to dual boot Linux and Windows...
  8. Use MCT to create bootable Flash drive with previously downloaded ISO

Use MCT to create bootable Flash drive with previously downloaded ISO: I suggest that you ask this as a question of your own in the Microsoft Office and 365 section of TenForums so that you can get an answer from somebody who knows Office 2013. Denis Good idea, thank you.
  9. Make win 10 .iso file bootable DVD or USB

Make win 10 .iso file bootable DVD or USB: I would like to do a clean install I have downloaded windows10 .iso free version file from creation tool to DVD is the file bootable. If not how do I make a bootable DVD or USB from the downloaded. Appreciate help.. Regards 25364
  10. Clean Install Windows 10 without DVD or USB Flash Drive

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Clean Install Windows 10 without DVD or USB Flash Drive: How to: Clean Install Windows 10 without DVD or USB Flash Drive [img] Information Sometime ago I had an interesting dilemma: A Windows tablet simply refused to upgrade from Windows 10 version 1607, the Anniversary Update. Due my own actions the only USB port was broken,...