Windows 10: Install English Win10 Over Japanese Win10 - Way to Avoid Losing Apps?

Discus and support Install English Win10 Over Japanese Win10 - Way to Avoid Losing Apps? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Received a nice super light and quick Panasonic Japanese market laptop (CF-SV7) with Win 10 Pro on it the other day. I am in USA, speak and write... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ArchiMark, Oct 22, 2018.

1. ArchiMark Win User

Install English Win10 Over Japanese Win10 - Way to Avoid Losing Apps?

Hi,

Received a nice super light and quick Panasonic Japanese market laptop (CF-SV7) with Win 10 Pro on it the other day.

I am in USA, speak and write English, not Japanese.

Language settings are now changed to English. Overall, looks OK now. However, there are still some items here and there that show in Japanese.

Keyboard is Japanese, but with English characters/symbols on keys along with Japanese.

Keyboard mapping is a bit off for some of the symbol keys. Letters are mapped OK. One option I'm thinking about is printing out some labels to put on some of the keys to show the correct mapping.

Thinking to buy a Win 10 license/drive locally and reinstall Win 10 to have 100% English throughout system.

So, a few questions about this possible idea please.

1. Is there a way to do the install where you don't lose/erase all the programs currently installed?

I have a link to download all the drivers, if I need them. But don't have a link for the Panasonic utility programs as of now. Probably not the end of the world if I can't install them, but would be nice to have.

2. Any idea whether doing this will improve or make worse situation with the keyboard mapping?

Thanks for any and all input.

Mark

:)

ArchiMark, Oct 22, 2018
  2. JhShklm Win User

Convert Win10 from Japanese to English

Hi,

I have purchased a laptop with Win10 Japanese OS. Is there any way of changing interface language in to English? and If it is possible, would it be effective to other software as well?

Thank you!

JhShklm, Oct 22, 2018
  3. TokyoMike Win User
    Switching Japanese Windows with English menus

Yes, I do mean those keys. I tried just switching to Japanese keyboard, as you suggested, but those keys didn't work. Also, the selection key is normally the spacebar in Japan but I could only get IME to work with the Tab key (for those who aren't familiar with Japanese typing: you type in Roman characters, then press a selection key and it steps you through a list of options for the word you are typing in Japanese characters). Did you get the special keys to work as they do in native Japanese mode?

It may well be that I was missing something, although I did try every option I could think of. In any event, as I said, I gave in and now have Japanese Windows running with English menus and everything seems to be working perfectly.
    Thanks,

Mike

TokyoMike, Oct 22, 2018
  4. Toothless Win User

Win10 updates

Which Windows updates in 8.1 where the gateway to installing Win10? I've ALWAYS had update as a "check but let me decide" basis however I woke up to this.

Install English Win10 Over Japanese Win10 - Way to Avoid Losing Apps? [​IMG]

With a bunch more (even AMD 7900 drivers, like wtf)

I'm trying to avoid the Win10 shitfest but good lord what has Microsoft done.

Toothless, Oct 22, 2018
Thema:

1. Install English Win10 Over Japanese Win10 - Way to Avoid Losing Apps? - Similar Threads - Install English Win10

2. Japanese to English Win10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Japanese to English Win10.: can i upgrade a japanese version of win 7 to english version of win 10? I have the upgrade but has to translate everything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-to-english-win10/906e1d7e-84e1-4a59-bd92-d9af43abbdef
  3. Japanese to English Win10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Japanese to English Win10.: can i upgrade a japanese version of win 7 to english version of win 10? I have the upgrade but has to translate everything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-to-english-win10/906e1d7e-84e1-4a59-bd92-d9af43abbdef
  4. Japanese to English Win10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Win10 Loses Again

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 Loses Again: Nothing like auto updates, worse than a virus or ransomware. . Killed my HP, cannot remove KB4023057, might have to do a complete rebuild... it’s not my job to fix Microsoft OS brutal interferences. Maybe I’ll go back to Win7, or Linux. . PS: don’t bother responding with ‘try...
  6. Reloading Win10 without losing data or apps

Reloading Win10 without losing data or apps: My Win10 installation is misbehaving in various minor ways. I've run sfc/scannow and that turns out clear. A possible solution is to reinstall windows without disturbing apps and existing data. I found what appears to be a pretty clear video on u-Tube but before I go ahead. I...
  7. Reloading Win10 without losing data or apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Reloading Win10 without losing data or apps: My Win10 installation is misbehaving in various minor ways. I've run sfc/scannow and that turns out clear. A possible solution is to reinstall windows without disturbing apps and existing data. I found what appears to be a pretty clear video on u-Tube but before I go ahead. I...
  8. Install English Windows OS over Japanese OS

Install English Windows OS over Japanese OS: Hi, This question has appeared before but I want to make sure I'm getting the story straight. I'm going to purchase a PC in Japan with the Japanese Windows 10 OS pre-loaded. I want to load the English Windows 10 OS, but I want to use Japanese on the machine i.e. install...
  9. Japanese to English

in Windows 10 Customization
    Japanese to English: Help I cant read Japanese and I changed the settings to Japanese and i cant read Japanese and I want to change it back to English. please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-to-english/2489eb04-85b1-470a-a5b7-3f649acaff8f
  10. Can't install Japanese Language pack on Win10

Can't install Japanese Language pack on Win10: I'm having an issue installing the Japanese language pack. It keeps saying that the language pack cannot be acquired, and showing an error message: 0x80240004. I tried multiple ways and none worked. How can I solve this issue?...