Windows 10: Install English Windows OS over Japanese OS

Discus and support Install English Windows OS over Japanese OS in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, This question has appeared before but I want to make sure I'm getting the story straight. I'm going to purchase a PC in Japan with the Japanese... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Bentoman, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Bentoman Win User

Install English Windows OS over Japanese OS

Hi,

This question has appeared before but I want to make sure I'm getting the story straight.

I'm going to purchase a PC in Japan with the Japanese Windows 10 OS pre-loaded. I want to load the English Windows 10 OS, but I want to use Japanese on the machine i.e. install the language pack.

In response to a similar question related to a Chinese OS, a Microsoft representative responded in the following manner:

>The Windows operating system depends on the region origin where the device or software has been installed. However, you may download the >Windows 10 installation media through thislink and reinstall the operating system on your computer. Make sure to read the expandable items on the >website to know more about how to use the media creation tool.

Does this advice actually mean that an English Windows OS will be installed and that it will be installed from Japan?

Will the license number simply remain the same as the pre-installed OS?

Will it cost me more to do this?

Thanks so much.

:)

Bentoman, Sep 28, 2020
  2. Beti Cori Win User

Changing OS from Japanese to English

Original Title: Bios

I am planning o buy an Asus Zenbook 3 in Japan and I wanna know if there will be any problems about changing the Japanese OS to English OS. Did anybody else have this kind of experience with Japanese laptops?

Beti Cori, Sep 28, 2020
  3. TokyoMike Win User
    Switching Japanese Windows with English menus

Yes, I do mean those keys. I tried just switching to Japanese keyboard, as you suggested, but those keys didn't work. Also, the selection key is normally the spacebar in Japan but I could only get IME to work with the Tab key (for those who aren't familiar with Japanese typing: you type in Roman characters, then press a selection key and it steps you through a list of options for the word you are typing in Japanese characters). Did you get the special keys to work as they do in native Japanese mode?

It may well be that I was missing something, although I did try every option I could think of. In any event, as I said, I gave in and now have Japanese Windows running with English menus and everything seems to be working perfectly.
    Thanks,

Mike

TokyoMike, Sep 28, 2020
  4. Install English Windows OS over Japanese OS

Windows 10 OS in Japanese Language

Hi,

I would like to buy a laptop in Japan. As a standard, all the Japanese laptops will be installed with Windows OS in Japanese version and office too.

Can I change this setting ? so that I can use it as normal English laptop OR are there any difficulties to change to English Interface?

Kindly provide your inputs.

Thanks,

Chanakya.

chanakya raavi, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

Install English Windows OS over Japanese OS

1. Install English Windows OS over Japanese OS - Similar Threads - Install English Japanese

2. How to upgrade Windows 8.1 Chinese single language OS to English OS?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to upgrade Windows 8.1 Chinese single language OS to English OS?: Hi,Currently my Laptop is Windows 8.1 Chinese Single Language OS.How to upgrade Windows 8.1 Chinese single language OS to English OS?Regards,Alvin Wong...
  3. How to upgrade Windows 8.1 Chinese single language OS to English OS?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to upgrade Windows 8.1 Chinese single language OS to English OS?: Hi,Currently my Laptop is Windows 8.1 Chinese Single Language OS.How to upgrade Windows 8.1 Chinese single language OS to English OS?Regards,Alvin Wong...
  4. Installation of OS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installation of OS: HiI m using Dell Inspirion 3505 laptop with Win 10 Home. It was pre installed with OS on HDD. I wanted it installed on a SSD and so a OS in SSD was installed. My SSD OS got corrupted and I am unable to recover the Operating System. Kindly refer the screenshot belowI have a...
  5. Installing another OS over Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Installing another OS over Windows 10.: Hello, I wanted to ask a questions. I bought a laptop with pre-installed Windows 10 Home and Office 2019 and I want dual-boot Arch Linux. Does dual-booting will wipe my whole Windows and Office licenses? I'm planning to use both at the same time.Thanks for reading my...
  6. Installing Refresh windows tool over a dodgy OS

Installing Refresh windows tool over a dodgy OS: So i had a lovley new version of Windows 10 Home. It got ruined after malware and a failed factory reset and I am now looking at some dodgy Windows 7, 10 hybrid. In the reset process it also set up workplace group policies that established admin rights above my user...
  7. Japanese to English

in Windows 10 Customization
    Japanese to English: Help I cant read Japanese and I changed the settings to Japanese and i cant read Japanese and I want to change it back to English. please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-to-english/2489eb04-85b1-470a-a5b7-3f649acaff8f
  8. OS install

OS install: Recently my computer at home has not allowed me access as administrator. Believe it is because I removed the "default user" account that was randomly and without my knowing, installed as the admin, but anyway. I have only ever created the one user account and now I can't...
  9. Install English Win10 Over Japanese Win10 - Way to Avoid Losing Apps?

in Windows 10 Support
    Install English Win10 Over Japanese Win10 - Way to Avoid Losing Apps?: Hi, Received a nice super light and quick Panasonic Japanese market laptop (CF-SV7) with Win 10 Pro on it the other day. I am in USA, speak and write English, not Japanese. Language settings are now changed to English. Overall, looks OK now. However, there are still some...
  10. installing windows 10 over existing windows 7 OS

installing windows 10 over existing windows 7 OS: Hi there, so im sure this is probably a rather banal question, but its my first time doing a clean install of an OS and id rather not leave anthing to chance. Yes, there are literally hundreds of web pages with instructions on how to do this, but i still prefer input...