Windows 10: Install error

Discus and support Install error in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When trying to install a program I get following error: Setup was unable to create the directory "c:/users/<name>/documents/<dir name>" I get this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by aliskander, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Install error

When trying to install a program I get following error:
    Setup was unable to create the directory "c:/users/<name>/documents/<dir name>"
    I get this error for several programs I want to install.

Looking at the security settings of "c:/users/<name>/documents/" I see that the logged in user has full control on this firectory. (I even gave eveyone full control)
    manually I can create a directory into "c:/users/<name>/documents/"
    Even when trying to install a program "Install as admin" I get the same error.
    This never happened before.

Can anyone help me please?

:)

aliskander, Nov 11, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 11, 2018
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Nov 11, 2018
  4. x01r Win User

Install error

atioglxx.dll OpenGL Error ! Install error :(

*** errors in the installer !!!

* manuel make *

AMD Drivers and Support for Radeon, Radeon Pro, FirePro, APU, CPU, Ryzen, desktops, laptops

Catalyst 9.9 Hotfix for Windows XP Professional and Home Edition

ati.com/drivers/hotfix/9-9_agp-hotfix_xp32_dd_ccc.exe

( install *Smile Install error :) )

C:\ATI\Support\9-9_agp-hotfix_xp32_dd_ccc

C:\ATI\Support\9-9_agp-hotfix_xp32_dd_ccc\Driver\XP_INF\B_86849\atioglxx.dl_

( X:\....\9-9_agp-hotfix_xp32_dd_ccc\Driver\XP_INF\B_ ,,,, \atioglxx.dl_ )

( ReName *Smile Install error :) )

atioglxx.dl_ -> atioglxx.dll

( Move *Smile Install error :) )

atioglxx.dll -> C:\WINDOWS\system32

restart PC ! OK *Smile Install error :)

ATi OpenGL (atioglxx.dll) No-Errors ! *Big Grin Install error :D

Thema:

Install error

1. Install error - Similar Threads - Install error

2. "ZUNEMUSIC" Installation Error?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "ZUNEMUSIC" Installation Error?: Desktop PC is behaving miserably "laggy" ...15-20 seconds to display a webpageWent to Event Viewer for more infoFound the following mind-boggling "Error" referenced:"Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0xC0020036:...
  3. "ZUNEMUSIC" Installation Error?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "ZUNEMUSIC" Installation Error?: Desktop PC is behaving miserably "laggy" ...15-20 seconds to display a webpageWent to Event Viewer for more infoFound the following mind-boggling "Error" referenced:"Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0xC0020036:...
  4. "ZUNEMUSIC" Installation Error?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can't install fs2020 on Windows 11 and hangs up on disk 3 with attached error message.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install fs2020 on Windows 11 and hangs up on disk 3 with attached error message.: Can't install fs2020 on Windows 11 and hangs up on disk 3 with attached error message. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-fs2020-on-windows-11-and-hangs-up-on/da57ef9d-dadd-46a2-a763-f962ff5675f3
  6. Can't install fs2020 on Windows 11 and hangs up on disk 3 with attached error message.

Can't install fs2020 on Windows 11 and hangs up on disk 3 with attached error message.: Can't install fs2020 on Windows 11 and hangs up on disk 3 with attached error message. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-fs2020-on-windows-11-and-hangs-up-on/da57ef9d-dadd-46a2-a763-f962ff5675f3
  7. encountering the error ,''the system cannot find the file specified.'' when installing the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    encountering the error ,''the system cannot find the file specified.'' when installing the...: My system information. hp ProBook 440 g8,windows 11 home. I uninstalled my audio drivers both from the audio inputs and outputs section and sound, video and game controller section in the device manager. Now the audio inputs and outputs and sound, video and game controller...
  8. encountering the error ,''the system cannot find the file specified.'' when installing the...

encountering the error ,''the system cannot find the file specified.'' when installing the...: My system information. hp ProBook 440 g8,windows 11 home. I uninstalled my audio drivers both from the audio inputs and outputs section and sound, video and game controller section in the device manager. Now the audio inputs and outputs and sound, video and game controller...
  9. encountering the error ,''the system cannot find the file specified.'' when installing the...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Hello. I have a problem when i try to instal google play games on my PC. 0x80070002 error...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello. I have a problem when i try to instal google play games on my PC. 0x80070002 error...: Hello. I have a problem when i try to instal google play games on my PC. 0x80070002 error code. How can i fix this error? Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-i-have-a-problem-when-i-try-to-instal-google/c3318dd5-b15a-4897-8d8c-e4e31287e73c