Windows 10: Install For New User

Discus and support Install For New User in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I wanted to know if there was a way to install Windows 10 to the point where the user can finish the setup when they receive a laptop? I have never... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sparker781, Mar 26, 2018.

1. Install For New User

I wanted to know if there was a way to install Windows 10 to the point where the user can finish the setup when they receive a laptop? I have never done that before personally.

Thanks

:)

sparker781, Mar 26, 2018

2. Cant add new user/ Current user giving error for email sync

Okay, I did the system restore and still am having the issue. It seems that we can't do anything on the computer that requires windows to access the account information on the Microsoft servers. Everything from accessing emails to accessing and or changing
    accounts information causes the error mentioned above. We cant figure this out. I hope this isn't going to require a full reinstall of windows 10.

RiderFanBC, Mar 26, 2018
  3. Cant add new user/ Current user giving error for email sync

Hello,

I have upgraded my Mothers Laptop to Windows 10 from Windows 7. Everything was working great until a week ago when she started getting Sync errors when trying to update her email in the email app. I know this was an issue early on and i know that it has
    been resolved with an update already. As I stated, she was having no issues until a week ago. She is now getting a error code of 0x8007000d and the message "Something went wrong. Were sorry, but we weren't able to do that". I went to Microsoft help for
    this and they say to click on Fix Account. I did this and received the same error. Then I read that removing the account and adding it back again could solve that. Since her account is the only one on the Laptop there is not option for Removing it as you
    need at least one account. I had this issue with a different machine once before and I remembered that if you create a new account, add it, give it admin privileges, then log in with that account you can then delete the initial account and add it back. I
    created her a second Microsoft account and proceeded to add it to Windows. Same error popped up. It seems that anything we attempt to do with the PC that involves Windows having to retrieve or send information to Microsoft is not working.

I will add that her internet connection is working fine as I was doing all of this troubleshooting thru Remote Desktop, because we live over 2000 km apart, and she is also able to access her email thru the Edge browser and www.outlook.com.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

RiderFanBC, Mar 26, 2018
  4. EdTittel Win User

Install For New User

If you sysprep an image, and use DISM to apply that image to a new machine, you can create a setup that will put the new user into the OOBE (Out of box experience, or what a users who starts up a new OEM machine with Win10 pre-installed experiences during first start up) at first boot. Here's @Customize Windows 10 Image in Audit Mode with Sysprep Windows 10 Tutorials . You want to set up windows to boot in what he calls "Welcome Mode" though you will use Audit Mode to make that possible.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Mar 26, 2018
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    I like to use audit mode to set the computer up, then use the sysprep menu to set it to boot back into OOBE on shutdown. When you do that, the next boot will start the computer back to the OOBE (create first account) screen without any trace of you previously being logged on as administrator. Even if you connect to WiFi as administrator in audit mode - the WiFi settings will also be deleted when you shutdown using sysprep set to restart to OOBE.

To get into audit mode, when the system reboots during install and is asking you to create the first user account, press CTRL + SHIFT + F3. When you log into audit mode, the sysprep shutdown options window will automatically open. Just minimize it, install the device drivers, do the updates, then set the sysprep shutdown options to boot into OOBE at next startup and shutdown. There is no need to actually create/save and redeploy an image.

If you didn't know, OOBE stands for Out Of Box Experience - which means the computer starts up just as if it was removed from the factory box.

NavyLCDR, Mar 27, 2018
  6. lx07 Win User
    You can also just pull the plug (or hard power off if laptop) when it gets to the first reboot of your install.

Not as elegant a solution as the above I'll grant.

lx07, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Install For New User

1. Install For New User - Similar Threads - Install User

2. User Account Control keeps popping up with only the no option. Cant install anything to PC....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Account Control keeps popping up with only the no option. Cant install anything to PC....: User Account Control keeps popping up with only the no option. Cant install anything to PC. Do you want to allow app to make Changes to PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-account-control-keeps-popping-up-with-only/09a54232-4000-4cd7-bac1-e8dcd2bdc20f
  3. User Account Control keeps popping up with only the no option. Cant install anything to PC....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User Account Control keeps popping up with only the no option. Cant install anything to PC....: User Account Control keeps popping up with only the no option. Cant install anything to PC. Do you want to allow app to make Changes to PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-account-control-keeps-popping-up-with-only/09a54232-4000-4cd7-bac1-e8dcd2bdc20f
  4. User Account Control keeps popping up with only the no option. Cant install anything to PC....

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. I am installing Windows 11 from USB but got stuck with Other User sign in screen. Please...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am installing Windows 11 from USB but got stuck with Other User sign in screen. Please...: I am installing Windows 11 from USB but got stuck with Other User sign in screen. Please let me know how to fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-installing-windows-11-from-usb-but-got-stuck/0bebcd67-c17b-4f68-be5d-cc08821cae54
  6. I am installing Windows 11 from USB but got stuck with Other User sign in screen. Please...

I am installing Windows 11 from USB but got stuck with Other User sign in screen. Please...: I am installing Windows 11 from USB but got stuck with Other User sign in screen. Please let me know how to fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-installing-windows-11-from-usb-but-got-stuck/0bebcd67-c17b-4f68-be5d-cc08821cae54
  7. C:\Users\Myname\Pictures gone after OneDrive install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C:\Users\Myname\Pictures gone after OneDrive install: I recently signed into OneDrive and updated. I even used the same folder as I always have. However, the link C:\Users\Myname\Pictures has since gone to C:\Users\Myname\OneDrive\Pictures. When I click folders I saved from the previous link, it says the item I selected is...
  8. C:\Users\Myname\Pictures gone after OneDrive install

C:\Users\Myname\Pictures gone after OneDrive install: I recently signed into OneDrive and updated. I even used the same folder as I always have. However, the link C:\Users\Myname\Pictures has since gone to C:\Users\Myname\OneDrive\Pictures. When I click folders I saved from the previous link, it says the item I selected is...
  9. Hackers converted Home edition into work added 13 users with trusted installer credentials

Hackers converted Home edition into work added 13 users with trusted installer credentials: My Microsoft home was hacked, turned into a work account and 13 users added with installer privileges. I am an attorney and they have access to confidential info. They change all privileges to allow chromecast or mirrorcast and use across several devices. They also hacked...
  10. Hackers converted Home edition into work added 13 users with trusted installer credentials

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hackers converted Home edition into work added 13 users with trusted installer credentials: My Microsoft home was hacked, turned into a work account and 13 users added with installer privileges. I am an attorney and they have access to confidential info. They change all privileges to allow chromecast or mirrorcast and use across several devices. They also hacked...