Windows 10: Install free antivirus from Microsoft and enable recommended settings.

Discus and support Install free antivirus from Microsoft and enable recommended settings. in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Install free antivirus from Microsoft and enable recommended settings. [img] Installs AV&FW + defaults to Home=MSN Search=Bing Browser=IE... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, May 18, 2016.

1. Install free antivirus from Microsoft and enable recommended settings.

Cluster Head, May 18, 2016

2. Now that is seriously desperate, but I guess, it can not help it, offering low quality products. *Rolleyes

I guess, it is for Windows 8 and bellow, it offers IE/MSE, instead of Edge/WD, so why to post it here?

:)

TairikuOkami, May 18, 2016
  3. Edge Translator Installation

It's probable that your third-party antivirus software is blocking the installation. We recommend that you disable it first, then try to install the Microsoft Translator again. Once done, remember to re-enable your third-party antivirus software to make
    sure that your computer is protected from outside threats.

Let us know if disabling the third-party antivirus software on your computer resolves the issue.

Joshua Her1, May 18, 2016
  4. Install free antivirus from Microsoft and enable recommended settings.

Microsoft Windows reports that antivirus software is either not registered, out of date or real time protection is not active.

received the following ALERT from Hewlett Packard :

Your PC in not currently protected from online threats .

Check your Security Settings -- Windows is not reporting Active Virus Protection .

Microsoft Windows reports that antivirus software is either not registered, out of date or real time protection is not active.

Note: Some antivirus applications may not be detected by Windows. Please disregard this message if you have an active antivirus application installed.

HP recommends McAfee Total Protection

I am currently using Windows Defender Antivirus software . My Windows Defender Security Center indicates that there is no action needed for my Virus & Threat Protection SETTINGS . My Protection Definitions are UP TO DATE . My Reliability Monitor indicates
    that my Virus Protection is ON -- Windows Defender Antivirus is helping to protect my device .

received the following ALERT from Hewlett Packard :

Windows Firewall is not enabled.

Improve your security by enabling a firewall.

Need help configuring Windows? HP SmartFriend Services can help!

My Windows Defender Security Center indicates that there is no action needed for my Firewall & Network Protection . My Reliability Monitor indicates that Windows Firewall is actively protecting my device .

My Reliability Monitor indicates that all my Internet Security Settings are set to their recommended levels .

hungarian paprika, May 18, 2016
  5. swarfega Win User
    Why would I want to do that?

swarfega, May 18, 2016
  6. Not even with a 10 foot pole.

alphanumeric, May 19, 2016
  7. I'm forced to +1 on that post

TechnoMage, May 19, 2016
  8. DooGie Win User

Install free antivirus from Microsoft and enable recommended settings.

Obviously for users who know nothing about computers but want to use one.

DooGie, May 19, 2016
  9. simrick Win User
    I'm forced to +1 on that post +1 on that as well!

simrick, May 20, 2016
  10. Something must have gone wrong with Calendar, MS thinks it's the first of April!! *Roflmao2*Roflmao2*Roflmao2

thegeriatric, May 20, 2016
  11. OilerNut Win User
    Not sure why this is being laughed at, it's not really meant for anyone posting on here. It's more meant for grandmothers PC that she justs uses to check her email and do facebook. Any AV is better than none.

OilerNut, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Install free antivirus from Microsoft and enable recommended settings.

1. Install free antivirus from Microsoft and enable recommended settings. - Similar Threads - Install free antivirus

2. Avira Free Antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Avira Free Antivirus: If I want to uninstall avira free, how do I reinstall? There has avira removal tool to uninstall but no reinstall avira after uninstall avira free using the tool but malwarebytes has support tool to uninstall and reinstall but avira free don't have. I'm too lazy to go to...
  3. Adaware Free Antivirus

Adaware Free Antivirus: Do you know about adaware antivirus? If after I install adaware free antivirus, is real-time protection enabled blocks my genshin impact game files and makes my genshin launcher can't launched in my external disk?...
  4. install Microsoft antivirus

install Microsoft antivirus: Hi, in my windows 7 laptop the windows Defender is saying that Your program is tuned off click to turn it on.But when i clicked to turn it on it give me an error code so i prefer to install a another Microsoft antivirus but i don't know which one,give me the link if you have...
  5. Can you recommend free antivirus programs for my laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can you recommend free antivirus programs for my laptop?: I already have Windows 10 and Bitdefender. Do you know any good other protection programs that are free and reliable? :3 Könnt ihr mir kostenlose Virenschutzprogramme für den Laptop empfehlen?
  6. Free antivirus software

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Free antivirus software: What is the best free antivirus software for Windows 10? submitted by /u/RandomPupper [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hboja0/free_antivirus_software/
  7. free antivirus

free antivirus: Does any user recommend a free safe and effective virus scan and remover? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/free-antivirus/d94a80f9-b74b-4ff2-9bbe-5f54d6106b66
  8. Free antivirus in 2019?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Free antivirus in 2019?: Hey gents, I'm not so great with computers and such so I need a bit of guidance. I'd like to know if any of you guys could personally recommend any free antivirus software. I googled it first but the results didnt seem too trustworthy, any advice would is helpful :)...
  9. What antivirus does Microsoft recommend for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What antivirus does Microsoft recommend for Windows 10?: What antivirus does Microsoft recommend for Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-antivirus-does-microsoft-recommend-for/6cc20854-09a1-48b8-a8be-3f81166ffc50
  10. free cleaner , antivirus

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    free cleaner , antivirus: My computer needs to be cleaned. Can you help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/free-cleaner-antivirus/82b75fed-9ce9-42c6-8d03-84291271c9e6

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Install free antivirus from Microsoft and enable recommended settings to ensure you are ready for the Internet

2. install free antivirus from microsoft and enable recommended

3. Install free antivirus from Microsoft and enable

4. install free antivirus from microsoft,
  5. Install free antivirus from Microsoft and enable recommended settings to ensure you are ready for th,
  6. install free antivirus from microsoft and enable recommended settings