Windows 10: install fresh Win10 over complex Boot SSD?

Discus and support install fresh Win10 over complex Boot SSD? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My Boot disc is complicated. Dual boot Win7Pro 64 Sp1 + Linux + a remnant of previous Win10 installation. The Win7 part, my daily driver, has 237... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Beldar, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Beldar Win User

install fresh Win10 over complex Boot SSD?

My Boot disc is complicated. Dual boot Win7Pro 64 Sp1 + Linux + a remnant of previous Win10 installation. The Win7 part, my daily driver, has 237 installed programs (noted by Revo). I'm finally ready to give Win10 another go, but I'd prefer to leave intact as much as possible from my Win7. My personal data such as texts, photos, videos, pdfs, etc etc is all stored away from the C partition on other HDDs. Installers are stored on an external USB drive. I have a couple on Win10 ISOs burned to DVD. I tried going the Media Creator route but I just get a flash of a Win10 logo, then nothing. I wonder how much if anything a fresh Win10 install would leave intact if I choose not to format.
    install fresh Win10 over complex Boot SSD? [​IMG]

:)

Beldar, Sep 20, 2020
  2. xkm1948 Win User

Migrating Win10 to NVMe SSD

I am going to migrate my Win10 to my NVMe SSD. Installation wise there should be no problem. However I cannot seem to be able to erase the old Windows 10 on the SATA SSD. If I boot from USB Win10 Installation media it only ask me whether I want to repair the SATA SSD Win10 or not. Any ideas on how to complete erase the SSD that currently have Win10 on it? I tried sanitize drive and PSID revert in Win10, neither would work. The SATA SSD is Crucial MX200.

xkm1948, Sep 20, 2020
  3. Caramelo Win User
    Looking for tutorial for fresh install of win10 home on new ssd

I looked over the tutorial for custom installation of win 10 but it had many steps about microsoft accounts that I'm not sure are applicable to me.

I have a new pc with a brand new ssd (sata) and I have made a bootable usb drive with win10 installation files on it.

I'd like to use a step by step guide of how to install the os, including if I need to format the ssd and whether I need to do anything special during the installation in order to be able to boot in UEFI bios.

Caramelo, Sep 20, 2020
  4. Iggyz Win User

After fresh Windows 10 install on new SSD my dual (WIn10) boot got borked.

Greetings,

I had previously a dual WIN10 on my PC - each OS was installed on seperate SSDs , one I kept as a reserve in case of problems etc. So on startup both OS was shown in the boot screen.

I recently upgraded my pc (everything) besides the harddisks, all was still fine but I didn't do a fresh install - since I migrated from INTEL to AMD ...and my SSD was nearing capacity I decided to do a fresh install on a new SSD - that went fine. The only
    thing now is that me secondary OS is no longer visible as a boot option, I tried booting from the secondary OS SSD but got the following error:

Reboot and Select proper Boot device

or Insert Boot media in selected Boot Device

In the BIOS I'm only seeing the new SSD in the Windows Boot Manager.

install fresh Win10 over complex Boot SSD? 721818fa-c2ca-49d7-a45e-225fa6e67ee8?upload=true.jpg

Did my fresh install somehow affect the secondary OS on the other SSD rendering it useless??

Thanks in advance!

Iggyz, Sep 20, 2020
Thema:

1. install fresh Win10 over complex Boot SSD? - Similar Threads - install fresh Win10

2. Fresh install to internal SSD and dual-boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fresh install to internal SSD and dual-boot: I have Windows 10 Home in a SSD. I have a new SSD with greater capacity. I intend to mount the new SSD in my system with the current SSD. I want to install Windows 10 onto the new SSD and then dual-boot the two systems. I think that is possible.If someone can guide me to...
  3. Fresh install to internal SSD and dual-boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh install to internal SSD and dual-boot: I have Windows 10 Home in a SSD. I have a new SSD with greater capacity. I intend to mount the new SSD in my system with the current SSD. I want to install Windows 10 onto the new SSD and then dual-boot the two systems. I think that is possible.If someone can guide me to...
  4. Fresh install to internal SSD and dual-boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Fresh Windows install on SSD with GPT wont Boot

Fresh Windows install on SSD with GPT wont Boot: Hello Community This title is found several times in several forums through google. But I didnt found any solution to my problem. First my PC Setup and what I want to do: Motherboard: Z97-K Disks: Samsung SSD 840 PRO Series 125 GB Windows installed Samsung...
  6. Cannot boot from fresh install SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot boot from fresh install SSD: I bought SSD Samsung 860 evo recently and I want to use it to store the OS instead of my old HDD I try using the application out there to migrate OS but there's sector problem so I decide to fresh install I did just like the forum said, first I create bootable device which...
  7. fresh install of Win10 on SSD but no system reserve/recovery partitions

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    fresh install of Win10 on SSD but no system reserve/recovery partitions: Hi After a fresh install of Win10 on SSD, I have no system reserve/recovery partitions on C: - Is this an issue? I am experiencing freezes and boot problems after the freeze until I remove all the drives. I have 2 other SATA HDD's which were not connected at the time of...
  8. Slow Boot on Fresh Install with SSD (3-5min+)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow Boot on Fresh Install with SSD (3-5min+): Hi, I have been experiencing delayed boot times on my PC for a while and decided to just do a factory reset in hopes of remedying the issue. The issue still persists so I am seeking @zinou 's help in analyzing the ETL Boot Trace file after reading multiple threads on here...
  9. Complex Win10 issues!

Complex Win10 issues!: I had major issues on my ex-authority comp running windows 10. Eventually I got through all the security (somehow) into Dos prompt (To which the system had previously denied access) and formatted the drive. Of course, now there is no operating system. I have a copy of win...
  10. Looking for tutorial for fresh install of win10 home on new ssd

Looking for tutorial for fresh install of win10 home on new ssd: I looked over the tutorial for custom installation of win 10 but it had many steps about microsoft accounts that I'm not sure are applicable to me. I have a new pc with a brand new ssd (sata) and I have made a bootable usb drive with win10 installation files on it. I'd...