Windows 10: install from iso problem

Discus and support install from iso problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am trying to instal win 10 onto an empty SSD drive in my laptop (thinkpad). The iso is on a usb drive. It starts the install but when I get to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by arbee, Aug 11, 2019.

1. arbee Win User

install from iso problem

I am trying to instal win 10 onto an empty SSD drive in my laptop (thinkpad).
    The iso is on a usb drive.
    It starts the install but when I get to the drive it says......

"windows cannot be installed on drive 0 partition 1, setup does not support configuration of or installation to disks connected through a usb"

The drive is not connected through usb it is in the laptop drive bay. How can I fix it?

:)

arbee, Aug 11, 2019

2. Best way to OS to iso to install?!

Norton ghost can make ISO's of a HDD but I would just suggest making a whole image and placing it on a thumbdrive cause its faster to install instead of useing a DVD drive.

brandonwh64, Aug 11, 2019
  3. Need ISO maker

I tried imgburn followed step by step and it sucks ...burned an image supposed to be ISO endend up in UDF ..not auto executable and scraped a dvd for it. Gonna try alcohol thx

MohawkAngel, Aug 11, 2019
  4. timta2 Win User

install from iso problem

Need ISO maker

Um, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't UDF the DVD format?

"The name ISO is taken from the ISO 9660 file system used with CD-ROM media, but an ISO image might also contain a UDF file system."

ISO image - Wikipedia

timta2, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

install from iso problem

1. install from iso problem - Similar Threads - install iso problem

2. Installing Windows XP ISO From Websites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing Windows XP ISO From Websites: Hi, I want to install Windows XP on a virtual machine for nostalgia purposes. I found the Windows XP Professional SP3 VL version on the internet and it says it is the original MSDN file I think it means it was taken from MSDN and posted on that site. Also, someone did a hash...
  3. installing windows 10 from a usb iso

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    installing windows 10 from a usb iso: Hi there, I've been trying to reinstall windows 10 on my Lenovo V110-15AST laptop for a month, but unsuccessfully. I watched many videos and used the CMD prompt but dd not succeed. My problem started when I deleted the partition where the windows 10 was installed after...
  4. Bootable USB problem - no run from ISO?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bootable USB problem - no run from ISO?: Hi. I ve created USB f32 format, moved win10 ISO from the official website, the Microsoft just stuck in Verifying DMI pool data when I selwct it to boot. I did previously in CMD select partition of the USB to be active. Best regards....
  5. Is it legal to install windows from ISO file?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is it legal to install windows from ISO file?: If we have a legal purchased copy of Windows installation CD/DVD disc. We can create an ISO from that disc for using in future times. Is is legal to install any version of Microsoft Windows through ISO or bootable USB in multiple laptops and computers? Thanks...
  6. how to install windows10 from ISO ?

how to install windows10 from ISO ?: Hello , I have downlaod win10 from here https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/evaluate-windows-10-enterprise and got the ISO file 17763.107.101029-1455.rs5_release_svc_refresh_CLIENT_LTSC_EVAL_x86FRE_en-us.iso upluad it to a usb using rufus but when I try to...
  7. windows installation from downloaded .iso

windows installation from downloaded .iso: please help me i have downloaded windows.iso for windows10 but unble to write either on dvd or able to load it in my pc working on windows 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-installation-from-downloaded-iso/d0996bc8-7bf1-4d39-a7d0-37061cfc31d3
  8. Problem Running Windows Recovery from ISO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem Running Windows Recovery from ISO: I am trying to incorporate the Windows recovery disc ISOs into an all-in-one grub recovery disc. I have already included WinXP-PE, Win7PE and Win10PE, plus every conceivable utility and malware removal program that I can find. I decided I wanted to add the Windows recovery...
  9. Install on 8.1 from ISO?

Install on 8.1 from ISO?: I have a laptop running 8.1Pro. I downloaded the ISO, and mounted it on the laptop via the mount-iso capability. I attempted to run setup.exe from the mounted drive. All was ok until I get prompted for a product key.. Isn't the in-place upgrade via setup *supposed* to *see*...
  10. From Dutch ISO to English install.

From Dutch ISO to English install.: Hi. I've got a win10 ISO file that is in Dutch. Is there a way to make it fall back to English? I can not use the MediaCreationTool because I'm using Enterprise. And I'm not trying to update the current OS, just to do a clean install. Does anyone know if this is...