Windows 10: Install from USB or UEFI? Differences?

Discus and support Install from USB or UEFI? Differences? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I created a bootable Windows 10 installer with the specific Microsoft tool, on an USB pendrive. Now, when I go in Bios to choose from where to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Siegfriedm, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Install from USB or UEFI? Differences?

I created a bootable Windows 10 installer with the specific Microsoft tool, on an USB pendrive.

Now, when I go in Bios to choose from where to boot to install Win10, I have 2 options about USB port. One is USB and the another one is UEFI....but I just have 1 installer pendrive.
    What are differences? Why it find 2 different sources?
    Both USB and UEFI options, just shows up when USB pendrive is connected.

:)

Siegfriedm, Feb 16, 2016
  2. Sharief K Win User

Install from ISO or USB - validation code?????

Hi Rick,

Sorry for the delay in response.

You may skip entering the product key and continue the installation.

For more information on activation, refer to the links.

Get help with Windows 10 activation errors

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/upgrade-install-errors-windows-10

Why can't I activate Windows 10?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

Hope it helps. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to reply. We will be glad to assist you.

Sharief K, Feb 16, 2016
  3. Install from ISO or USB - validation code?????

Still haven't had a a reply.

W7 is a validated installation on that computer.

This page keeps on getting a pop- up so it is difficult to use.

Rick_Fischer, Feb 16, 2016
  4. Phone Man Win User

Install from USB or UEFI? Differences?

You can use that pen drive to install in MBR or UEFI mode, just pick the one you want.

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Feb 16, 2016
  5. Archie123 Win User
    here is some info from MS on UEFI , if your hardware is compatible id use UEFI to utilise fast boot and faster shutdowns (there are a more reasons than those btw look it up *Smile ) Your hardware has to be UEFI compatible to use the features though as you didnt fill in your specs i cant tell

Windows Setup: Installing using the MBR or GPT partition style

Archie123, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Install from USB or UEFI? Differences?

1. Install from USB or UEFI? Differences? - Similar Threads - Install USB UEFI

2. Bootable Windows install USB devices UEFI

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bootable Windows install USB devices UEFI: Hi there there's definitely a problem on some older computers with UEFI boot if the iso file is > than 4.5 GB. Up to that the file system is FAT32 and computers will boot OK. If greater than that then NTFS appears to be forced and some computers won't boot . I think the...
  3. Unable to install windows using UEFI USB

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to install windows using UEFI USB: Every time I try booting into the UEFI mode of my usb drive it gets stuck in a bootloop. I can boot into the legacy mode of my bootable media, but using an MBR partition scheme instead of GPT is out of the question, because I'm dual booting and can't survive without REFInd or...
  4. Boot Windows 10 from USB, UEFI file for USB not booting.

Boot Windows 10 from USB, UEFI file for USB not booting.: I want to do a fresh install of windows on my ssd with a usb. I don't have access to a secondary windows computer but have downloaded the .iso file on a sandisk 16GB usb from my mac. My pc originally didn't boot with the file in the exfat format so I managed to copy the .iso...
  5. Installing win 10 home from usb UEFI or non UEFI?

Installing win 10 home from usb UEFI or non UEFI?: I will be installing win 10 home on a new ssd drive on a new system. I've read Brink's how to on downloading and installing from a bootable usb. Should I opt for a UEFI install or non UEFI? What precautions do I take to make sure my components are compatible with UEFI? Do I...
  6. USB Installer UEFI or Not?

USB Installer UEFI or Not?: Hey guys, I'm not so organized due to my health. I have multiple Windows 10 Installers, Linux etc, and usually choose to download the iso and create my own USB Installers, and usually label them appropriately. I have this one that I'm not sure if it was installed as UEFI, is...
  7. Can't boot Windows 10 installation from USB - UEFI

Can't boot Windows 10 installation from USB - UEFI: Hello! I have my laptop since last december (less than a year), and for unknown reasons, I got a BSOD a few weeks ago and none of the available recovery tools managed to bring me back to my desktop; not even a refresh. That's when I promised myself that I would never ever...
  8. Re-install Windows from USB stick - UEFI option on boot menu

Re-install Windows from USB stick - UEFI option on boot menu: Hi all, I'm going to do a clean install of Windows 10 on my desktop system as I want to give it a good clear-out. I've created the Windows 10 boot media on a USB stick, and this is what I see on the UEFI BIOS F8 boot menu: [img] Previously on this system when...
  9. Difference between UEFI and BIOS

in Windows 10 Support
    Difference between UEFI and BIOS: I'm confused with terminology and origin of UEFI and BIOS. I only understand benefits of UEFI. Is UEFI part of BIOS? Can PC have both? Are boot modes parts of UEFI or BIOS? Where UEFI is stored on PC? Does OS contains UEFI? Can UEFI be flashed/updated? Two good...
  10. Booting USB installation media on a UEFI system.

Booting USB installation media on a UEFI system.: It might be worth it to make a sticky referencing the Windows 7 tutorial for creating USB flash installation media, specifically the part 11 about moving the EFI files around. I have been bashing my head trying to figure out why my laptop refuses to acknowledge ANY USB Media...