Windows 10: Install game

Discus and support Install game in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I tried to install two different games from the microsoft store. I received the same error message on both of them. Error code 0x803F8001.What does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ReneeWright1963, Sep 26, 2022.

1. Install game

I tried to install two different games from the microsoft store. I received the same error message on both of them. Error code 0x803F8001.What does this mean?

:)

ReneeWright1963, Sep 26, 2022

2. installing a game

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the steps given below and check if the issue persists:

Step 1:

I suggest you to right click on the game and try to run as administrator and check.

Step 2: if that doesn't help I suggest you to install game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, Sep 26, 2022
  3. Depth Win User
    Install Diablo 3 on Linux

Just install PlayOnLinux? Why did they make step 2 and 3 of this "tutorial"?

Anyway, looking at the supported software list for PlayOnLinux, D3 is a step in the right direction. Lack of gaming is a factor for a lot of people when deciding on an OS, if more recent games get ported it may help migrate them to their preferred choice.

Depth, Sep 26, 2022
  4. niko084 Win User

Install game

Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, Sep 26, 2022
Thema:

Install game

1. Install game - Similar Threads - Install game

2. G5 games not working...Installs, opens then freezes to a blank screen, have to reboot...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    G5 games not working...Installs, opens then freezes to a blank screen, have to reboot...: what is the problem with G5 games on W11... installs ok, opens, then goes to a blank screen and freezes the computer, have to reboot all the time after trying to open...tried your clean reboot process, does not help in any way, thanksno screen shots as computers locked up, no...
  3. G5 games not working...Installs, opens then freezes to a blank screen, have to reboot...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    G5 games not working...Installs, opens then freezes to a blank screen, have to reboot...: what is the problem with G5 games on W11... installs ok, opens, then goes to a blank screen and freezes the computer, have to reboot all the time after trying to open...tried your clean reboot process, does not help in any way, thanksno screen shots as computers locked up, no...
  4. Can't install downloaded game in Xbox app onto my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install downloaded game in Xbox app onto my pc: I was gifted Torchlight III to play on my pc. I downloaded the game to my xbox app but can't install it. A pop up says We'll install this game to a new folder in the selected location. c: Unknown available. The install button is also blacked out and can't be selected. I have...
  5. Can't install downloaded game in Xbox app onto my pc

Can't install downloaded game in Xbox app onto my pc: I was gifted Torchlight III to play on my pc. I downloaded the game to my xbox app but can't install it. A pop up says We'll install this game to a new folder in the selected location. c: Unknown available. The install button is also blacked out and can't be selected. I have...
  6. Why can I not install games on my D Hard Drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can I not install games on my D Hard Drive?: So, I'm trying to install Forza 5 as seen from the pictures above, but it's not allowing me to change to my secondary hard drive D:. I've tried using command prompt to check the disk and delete WindowsApps on said drive, but it still doesn't work. I've also tried deleting and...
  7. Why can I not install games on my D Hard Drive?

Why can I not install games on my D Hard Drive?: So, I'm trying to install Forza 5 as seen from the pictures above, but it's not allowing me to change to my secondary hard drive D:. I've tried using command prompt to check the disk and delete WindowsApps on said drive, but it still doesn't work. I've also tried deleting and...
  8. "Having trouble installing or launching games?" XBOX PC app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Having trouble installing or launching games?" XBOX PC app: When trying to play any XBOX Game Pass games I had installed and were previously working, they either bring up an error message or just don't open at all. It also won't let me install new games as it won't let me choose what drive to install to, saying none can be found....
  9. "Having trouble installing or launching games?" XBOX PC app

"Having trouble installing or launching games?" XBOX PC app: When trying to play any XBOX Game Pass games I had installed and were previously working, they either bring up an error message or just don't open at all. It also won't let me install new games as it won't let me choose what drive to install to, saying none can be found....
  10. It says I need to install an app to complete this task when I try to open some games.

It says I need to install an app to complete this task when I try to open some games.: I recently bought a new computer and I've been downloading games off my web browser. Some of the games say that I need to install an app for this task but when I open the store there is no apps. I've tried reinstalling from different sources and everything it says the same...