Windows 10: INSTALL greyed out for apps I own

Discus and support INSTALL greyed out for apps I own in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I have a Surface Pro and just bought a Surface Book. I'm trying to install Windows 10 apps I already own (Nebo and Alexa, for instance). It says I... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Shelholtz, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Shelholtz Win User

INSTALL greyed out for apps I own

I have a Surface Pro and just bought a Surface Book. I'm trying to install Windows 10 apps I already own (Nebo and Alexa, for instance). It says I already own these but they're not installed and the INSTALL button is greyed out. Anybody know how I get these to install? Huge thanks...

:)

Shelholtz, Dec 15, 2018
  2. Flowcoat Win User

Windows 10 Windows Installer (msiserver) greyed out

I have tried to un-grey the properties in Windows Installer which is continually showing as 'running' but nothing is being installed. When I do try and update I get the 'another installation is happening' error message. It's set to manual. I've clicked
    on 'more actions' and it is still greyed out. Any other suggestions as at the moment I can't update anything.

Flowcoat, Dec 15, 2018
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 15, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. INSTALL greyed out for apps I own :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Dec 15, 2018
Thema:

1. INSTALL greyed out for apps I own - Similar Threads - INSTALL greyed apps

2. Delault apps greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delault apps greyed out: Hello. I recently installed windows 11 back onto my laptop. The odd thing is when I go to select default apps, it's greyed out. Any idea why? thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delault-apps-greyed-out/5fb9ebc0-8f19-420e-b8b9-590ddb7d1d06
  3. Delault apps greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delault apps greyed out: Hello. I recently installed windows 11 back onto my laptop. The odd thing is when I go to select default apps, it's greyed out. Any idea why? thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delault-apps-greyed-out/5fb9ebc0-8f19-420e-b8b9-590ddb7d1d06
  4. Background Apps Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Background Apps Greyed Out: Whenever I click outside of a window, the screen is greyed out so only the window I am currently in is clearly visible. It makes it super hard to use the multitasking function and even after speaking with Microsoft customer service for over an hour I still haven't figured out...
  5. Background Apps Greyed Out

Background Apps Greyed Out: Whenever I click outside of a window, the screen is greyed out so only the window I am currently in is clearly visible. It makes it super hard to use the multitasking function and even after speaking with Microsoft customer service for over an hour I still haven't figured out...
  6. apps greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    apps greyed out: my apps are greyed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-greyed-out/1b1ec990-efc0-481f-a127-5495654f3c4b
  7. apps greyed out

apps greyed out: my apps are greyed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-greyed-out/1b1ec990-efc0-481f-a127-5495654f3c4b
  8. Windows installer greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows installer greyed out: [ATTACH] I cant start windows installer I cant enable windows installer I cant to anything that includes windows installer I need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-installer-greyed-out/70176e64-8ad6-4e02-8020-acef14c553d1
  9. I own Minecraft for Windows ten but the install button is greyed out, please help.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I own Minecraft for Windows ten but the install button is greyed out, please help.: I have owned Minecraft for almost seven years and I recently got a new laptop. However, when I went to reinstall Minecraft for windows ten it told me I owned it but the install button is greyed out. This is an issue for all other apps too. I have tried everything I can think...
  10. Install button greyed out

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Install button greyed out: I had to re-install Minecraft Windows 10 edition for certain reasons, however when I tried to reinstall it on the same account and device the install button was greyed out and I can't install it again. I've tried: MSReset Restarting my laptop Booting in safe mode None...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. install button on Xbox (beta) app is greyed out