Windows 10: Install HP LaserJet 4M Plus

Discus and support Install HP LaserJet 4M Plus in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Printer is connected to router with EtherNet cable, was able to print test page which gives IP Address of: 10.0.0.81, and did find drivers but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by quiddam, Aug 30, 2018.

1. quiddam Win User

Install HP LaserJet 4M Plus

Printer is connected to router with EtherNet cable, was able to print test page which gives IP Address of: 10.0.0.81, and did find drivers but attempting to install with any of the LaserJet 4 drivers listed below, gives the error message, "Printer Driver was not installed".

This printer has both Postscript and PCL personalities.

Thumbnail sketch of what I did:

Settings>Devices>Printers & Scanners>Add Printer and Scanner>[Clicked on the text, "the printer I want isn't listed"]>chose "Add a local printer" using existing port 10.0.0.81>did Windows Update and each of the following LaserJet drivers for this model of printer failed to install:

HP LaserJet 4 Plus
    HP LaserJet 4/4M Plus PS 300
    HP LaserJet 4/4M Plus PS 600
    HP LaserJet 4/4M PS
    HP LaserJet 4/4M PS (300 dpi)

the USB port mentioned in the 400 day old post on this topic was not a choice.

rig is an i9 7900X running at 4.5GHz w/32 GB Ram with an Asus X299 MOBA.

:)

quiddam, Aug 30, 2018
  2. CJ_571 Win User

HP laserjet 4 plus printing problem

HP LaserJet 4 plus printer is not recognized after recent windows 10 updates. Tried downloading the suggested driver from HP site, but could not get it installed.

CJ_571, Aug 30, 2018
  3. rwb1012 Win User
    HP Laserjet 4/4 plus printer driver not working on win10

No need to use Vista drivers or compatibility mode. The link I posted above are for Windows 10 drivers and work well with most HP PCL5 printers. There are also postscript and x32 versions.

I have a Laserjet 4M Plus and the drivers work well in PCL5 mode (same as OP's printer).

rwb1012, Aug 30, 2018
  4. keithjr Win User

Windows 10 Driver for HP LaserJet 4

I tried this after doing a clean install of Windows 10. The list of printers that comes up does not include the Laserjet 4 plus which is the printer I am trying to connect via usb. How do I get that to come up?

keithjr, Aug 30, 2018
Thema:

1. Install HP LaserJet 4M Plus - Similar Threads - Install LaserJet Plus

2. Need old printer drivers for HP LaserJet 4 Plus printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need old printer drivers for HP LaserJet 4 Plus printer: My Windows 10 crashed and had to reinstall windows 10 as well as all other software. The Windows 10 which crashed did not crash because of the printer driver or printer, however when I reinstalled Windows 10 and other software, Windows does not have the printer drivers for HP...
  3. Need old printer drivers for HP LaserJet 4 Plus printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need old printer drivers for HP LaserJet 4 Plus printer: My Windows 10 crashed and had to reinstall windows 10 as well as all other software. The Windows 10 which crashed did not crash because of the printer driver or printer, however when I reinstalled Windows 10 and other software, Windows does not have the printer drivers for HP...
  4. Need old printer drivers for HP LaserJet 4 Plus printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Install HP laserjet 4L

Install HP laserjet 4L: I have an HP laserjet 4L, which is of course nearly 30 years old but is still a really good printer. I have had it working very well in W10 installed over W7, but needed to do a clean install of W10, and now cannot install the driver, because it is kernel mode. I have tried...
  6. Install HP laserjet 4L

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install HP laserjet 4L: I have an HP laserjet 4L, which is of course nearly 30 years old but is still a really good printer. I have had it working very well in W10 installed over W7, but needed to do a clean install of W10, and now cannot install the driver, because it is kernel mode. I have tried...
  7. Install HP laserjet 4L

8. HP color laserjet

HP color laserjet: Am trying to re-install my HP color laserjet pro M252dw with no success. Comp w/n find printer using wireless connection. Any help appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-color-laserjet/d90ea010-ac54-431b-9c76-f73389e30da8
  9. HP Laserjet 4 Plus no longer works

HP Laserjet 4 Plus no longer works: Windows 10 updated and now my HP Laserjet 4 plus will not work nor are any of the trouble shooters of any help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-laserjet-4-plus-no-longer-works/b0d0ea0d-14d9-4935-8f4f-cf597a53a2a6
  10. HP LaserJet P1102

HP LaserJet P1102: Hi. I have problem with printer after updating my system to windows 10 from 7. When i downloaded drivers from official web-site and installed them, my PC don`t see them. I triedto delete and download again(I deleted from device manager "HP EWS" and reboot device...