Windows 10: install instructions with win10 usb for a clean drive

Discus and support install instructions with win10 usb for a clean drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Will I get install instructions with win10 usb for a clean drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TomOwin10, Jun 27, 2020.

1. TomOwin10 Win User

install instructions with win10 usb for a clean drive

Will I get install instructions with win10 usb for a clean drive

:)

TomOwin10, Jun 27, 2020
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Jun 27, 2020
  3. Clean installation of Windows 10 using installation media

Greetings. I am attempting to do a clean install of Windows 10 using the instructions found at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4000735/windows-10-reinstall .
    I was able to successfully create the installation media on a USB thumb drive. However, when I performed the steps for the actual installation I got up to the Use a device screen but my thumb drive does not appear on the list. The two options that do appear
    are: Onboard NIC (IPV4) and Onboard NIC (IPV6). Suggestions? Thanks.

TeddVanWagner, Jun 27, 2020
  4. install instructions with win10 usb for a clean drive

Win10 Preview install problems

Trying to install the Win10 preview. I've created a 50 Gb partition on my primary drive for the install. When I try to install 10, I get a error saying 10 can't be installed on the drive. The drive is of the GPT partition type. From what I've read, I need to convert my drive to a MBR partition type. The only instructions I can find about that involve converting the entire drive, meaning I loose everything on my main drive. Is there a way to convert just the partition I created for the Win10 install to a MBR partition type?

BarbaricSoul, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

install instructions with win10 usb for a clean drive

1. install instructions with win10 usb for a clean drive - Similar Threads - install instructions win10

2. Sandisk usb drives, had win10 install media uefi, cleaned the drive, now win10 will not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sandisk usb drives, had win10 install media uefi, cleaned the drive, now win10 will not...: Sandisk usb drives, had win10 install media uefi, cleaned the drive, now win10 will not load it.I had to select each USB device and turn the power management and selective USB off .Powered down the PC, and turned off each USB power hub 16, it has its own power supply,...
  3. Sandisk usb drives, had win10 install media uefi, cleaned the drive, now win10 will not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sandisk usb drives, had win10 install media uefi, cleaned the drive, now win10 will not...: Sandisk usb drives, had win10 install media uefi, cleaned the drive, now win10 will not load it.I had to select each USB device and turn the power management and selective USB off .Powered down the PC, and turned off each USB power hub 16, it has its own power supply,...
  4. Sandisk usb drives, had win10 install media uefi, cleaned the drive, now win10 will not...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Clean reinstalling win10 (USB)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clean reinstalling win10 (USB): Hi there. So I'm reinstalling windows because I'm fearing that I might have some sort of malware, and well I'd like a clean start on my PC either way. I've installed windows 10 on a USB drive, and I'm now more or less ready to start the process, but then it hit me, do I have...
  6. Issues with clean Win10 Install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issues with clean Win10 Install: [IMG]I don’t know how to write this I’m not great with computers but this is currently where I’m at and I have no idea where to go from here. I used IBuyPowers guide to fixing “Reboot and select proper boot media, or insert a boot device” and everything was going well up...
  7. Help! Clean install on Win10 from usb to nvme not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help! Clean install on Win10 from usb to nvme not working: Hi there, just built a new pc and excitedly went to install windows. I created a bootable usb but this is from a Mac-not sure if that piece of info helps for later. So source is usb and target is a Samsung 970 1tb nvme, brand new. Basically I get through the install...
  8. Cleaning a USB Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cleaning a USB Drive: On prior Windows versions I had the ability to clean and optimize a USB flash drive. How do I do this on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cleaning-a-usb-drive/85a896ed-55f5-44e7-ad33-f32f1ecaefa6"
  9. Clean install Win10 with Update?

Clean install Win10 with Update?: I'm one of those people who generally does a clean install with every new major Windows release. The reason for this is general housekeeping: removing old software no longer needed, clearing out drivers and other files no longer used, etc. I'm curious how this sort of install...
  10. Does clean install of Win10 format hard drive?

Does clean install of Win10 format hard drive?: Granted...this may be a dumb question...but I botched the upgrade to Win10 by selecting 32-bit instead of 64-bit. *Redface*cry*Sad I'm planning to do a clean install, from a bootable flash using the Media Creator tool (that includes the Ann. update) I know I'll lose all...