Windows 10: Install Intel RST Driver - HP Assistant Thinks I Should

Discus and support Install Intel RST Driver - HP Assistant Thinks I Should in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a HP Win 10 Pro 64bit PC. ENVY 750-055xt with Intel Core i7-4790 CPU. HP Assistant wants to install an Intel RST Driver. This system has a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by larrymcg, Apr 1, 2016.

1. larrymcg Win User

Install Intel RST Driver - HP Assistant Thinks I Should

I have a HP Win 10 Pro 64bit PC. ENVY 750-055xt with Intel Core i7-4790 CPU.

HP Assistant wants to install an Intel RST Driver. This system has a single internal disk - no Raid. Does it make sense to install such a driver - I think it is for Raid support. But maybe that's what they use even if there is no raid config?

Curiously,
    Larry

:)

larrymcg, Apr 1, 2016

2. (BUG) BitLocker eDrive hardware encryption

Did a clean install without first installing RST now, and it works perfectly. So I think this should be further discussed on the Intel forum so that they can fix it

Thomas Debie, Apr 1, 2016
  3. PhilBixby Win User
    Intel RST Service & Windows10

Same situation here - Intel RST running a cache SSD under Windows 7 Pro, now not working properly after Windows 10 upgrade. Notification icon says "not running" and double clicking on it fails to open the Intel application. The service is however still running
    and a check via Task Manager / Processes shows it taking about 20% of processor use about every five seconds.

Intel's Driver Update Utility fails to identify the RST driver, so I've manually downloaded the updated Intel RST driver (14.5.0.1081 - stated as being suitable for Windows 10) from the Intel website. Should I simply install the new driver (SetupRST.exe)?

Many thanks for any help!

PhilBixby, Apr 1, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Do you know if your system has a hybrid HDD with SSD cache? That could be the reason for it. You could create a system restore point before installing.

Just FYI: last I heard there were issues with the IRST; see link thread here:
    Windows 10 thinks my 2 Raid 0 SATA hard drives are SST, can't defrag - Windows 10 Forums

I know you said you don't have a raid config. Just wanted to make you aware of this.

simrick, Apr 1, 2016
  5. larrymcg Win User
    No hybrid with SSD cache. A system restore point is always a good idea - I think HP Assistant always makes one but I'd make one first just in case. I haven't used system restore on this system. Hopefully it would work if needed.

For now I will just wait to see what turns up and will do some more investigating.

-- Larry

larrymcg, Apr 1, 2016
  6. simrick Win User
    Well, you might want to have a look at the settings for it, because Windows turns it OFF by default. *Wink

simrick, Apr 1, 2016
  7. larrymcg Win User
    System restore is ON and restore points are regularly made. I have found that on XP and Win 7 and Win 10, System restore is automatically ON for the system disk. I meant that I hadn't used system restore to do a restore.

larrymcg, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Install Intel RST Driver - HP Assistant Thinks I Should - Similar Threads - Install Intel RST

2. Having issues with intel RST driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having issues with intel RST driver: Hello community , I am having problems where my laptop freezes for 20 seconds and comes back again , and when i see the logs in the event viewer , these are the two errors ,"The IO operation at logical block address 0x2759328 for Disk 0 PDO name: \Device\00000036 was...
  3. Having issues with intel RST driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having issues with intel RST driver: Hello community , I am having problems where my laptop freezes for 20 seconds and comes back again , and when i see the logs in the event viewer , these are the two errors ,"The IO operation at logical block address 0x2759328 for Disk 0 PDO name: \Device\00000036 was...
  4. Intel RST Memory Modules and Drivers not installing.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel RST Memory Modules and Drivers not installing.: Hey,I have two issues that I need help for.1. I have an Asus X407UAR Laptop. My SATA Configuration is set to `Intel RST Premium with Optane System Acceleration`. But, when I open the Intel RST app, it shows that there are no Memory Modules installed.2. I cannot install...
  5. Intel RST driver concern

Intel RST driver concern: An Intel RST driver already downloaded through WU on my desktop with a Z370 chipset. Device Manager nags with a pop up message that Intel 300 Series Chipset SATA AHCI Controller is ready to install the driver A probable cause for raised concern was found on Win-Raid : this...
  6. Intel RST Driver Question

Intel RST Driver Question: I've never been able to find an explanation...closest think was win-raid.com. My desktop has a Z270 chipset and my new Dell XPS 15 9500 has a mobile 400-series chipset. Right now I'm running Intel RST driver version 18.30.3.1148 on both. Based on what I read the 400-series...
  7. intel RST driver

intel RST driver: couldn't update Windows 10 intel rst doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-rst-driver/89c4ee5f-170d-443c-b166-4c4a8c955750
  8. Have RST Drivers but RST not installed

Have RST Drivers but RST not installed: I have three RST drivers in the \Windows\system32\drivers folder on my 6-year old HP desktop but RST is not listed in the Programs and Features list of installed software. How can I find out what these belong to and whether they will give me a problem with Win10 v1903?...
  9. Intel RST Driver

Intel RST Driver: I usually browse this forum to keep up with new driver updates and whatnot (especially all those freaking Realtek driver updates!), but I haven't seen a post about Intel RST drivers, so I'd like to let people know that Intel release a new version a little while ago:...
  10. intel rst will not install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    intel rst will not install: With the newest build of win10 I cannot install intel rst. Says I need dot net installed. When I goto install dot net it says I have the newest on installed. Asus z97a mobo Intel i7 4790k 16Gb gskill ram Gtx 970 Samsung 850 pro ssd 5327