Windows 10: Install issue with product key

Discus and support Install issue with product key in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi all, Been building and using for decades now... I am building a couple of new Win10 boxes and purchased 3 Win10 license keys on E-bay as I have... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JohnRaynor, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Install issue with product key

Hi all,

Been building and using for decades now... I am building a couple of new Win10 boxes and purchased 3 Win10 license keys on E-bay as I have done before.

This time however, the install instructions say to use one of THEIR install keys "To insure Windows is installed correctly." and THEN to change the product key to the purchased one. I asked for an explanation and cannot get a cogent response. This seems very odd. Is this a scam?

Thanks All,

John

:)

JohnRaynor, Apr 9, 2020

2. Activate windows 10 after re-installing (I have lost my product key)

I own a Lenovo T430 laptop. In 2017, I installed Windows 10 using my original Windows 7 product key. Unfortunately, I cannot find that product key anymore. I need to re-install windows 10. Will it be automatically activated after the installation, if I skip the step of asking the product key during the installation?

In my opinion, I believe that my laptop will have a digital entitlement stored on the Microsoft Activation Servers and this will not be a problem. Is that true?

If not, please suggest me a solution or a workaround.

Kushan Randima, Apr 9, 2020
  3. AndreTen Win User
    Where is my Product Key if I want to re-install?

Like davidhk said. But if you really want to see your windows key, I would suggest Belarc advisor. It will give you some useful information about your system, product keys of your software is among them (not only Microsoft, you will have listed most of your keys).

AndreTen, Apr 9, 2020
  4. tengeezer Win User

Install issue with product key

Where is my Product Key if I want to re-install?

Cheers, will check it out.

tengeezer, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

Install issue with product key

1. Install issue with product key - Similar Threads - Install issue product

2. Product key issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Product key issue.: Hello! So i recently got a new laptop which is an HP Laptop and has window 11. My product key says to be activated in the settings, but whenever i enter the app 'Word' to view my files i get a pop-up telling me that my key is expiring the 9 May 2023. Is this an error that i...
  3. Product key issue.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Product key issue.: Hello! So i recently got a new laptop which is an HP Laptop and has window 11. My product key says to be activated in the settings, but whenever i enter the app 'Word' to view my files i get a pop-up telling me that my key is expiring the 9 May 2023. Is this an error that i...
  4. Product key issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Product key issue: I bought a new PC and copy of windows 10 from newegg. Before install it asks for the product key, which I typed in and got "this product key didn't work. Please check it and try again." Am I just gonna have to buy another copy? I appreciate any input. submitted by...
  5. product key issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    product key issue: hello, I've been asked to activate my windows but when I type my product key some characters do not appear https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-issue/f43f2b82-b1fe-4077-8aac-3a29929a70f2
  6. product key issue

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    product key issue: Hi there, I bought an HP pc and windows office so had a product key which I used. Then I returned the HP and got an MacBook air. How do I activate windows on the new computer?...
  7. Product key issue

Product key issue: Hello, I recently bought a pre-owned amd pc, the product key that was installed on the pc was fine as I was able to update without any issues, well my friend was cleaning it for me and decided to do a brand new installation of windows 10 pro … well it was pirated and now I'm...
  8. product key issues

product key issues: so been -trying to change my product key but it just remains like this below after typing in the product key[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-issues/9f924abe-7c2d-493f-a469-f38a3965f7c9"
  9. Product Key Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Product Key Issue: Built a new computer and getting the error, 'We couldn't verify the product key. Please check your installation media.' Haven't been able to figure anything out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-issue/2a12e105-e0e2-47e7-93d6-d851d30984f0
  10. Product key issues

Product key issues: hi i had a dell laptop that was pre installed with windows 8, i got free update to windows 10 home, now i have changed my device because of hardware failures in that laptop and i am using an assembled pc and i want to use the same windows 10 home, i have my product key...