Windows 10: Install Mac OS X

Discus and support Install Mac OS X in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hello everyone I would like to install Mac OS X in hyper-v (or any VM ) inside Windows 10 Any way to do that? If there is please show me how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by mohammadkhateeb, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Install Mac OS X

Hello everyone

I would like to install Mac OS X in hyper-v (or any VM ) inside Windows 10

Any way to do that?
    If there is please show me how to do that.

:)

mohammadkhateeb, Sep 20, 2017
  2. Andre Da Costa, Sep 20, 2017
  3. Andre Da Costa, Sep 20, 2017
  4. LMiller7 Win User

Install Mac OS X

Be aware that installing any Mac OS on non Apple hardware is contrary to Apple's EULA. Running on a virtual machine is permitted but only if the host is a Mac.

LMiller7, Sep 20, 2017
  5. pparks1 Win User
    Typically, this involves running a hacked copy of OSX on VMWare. And it runs terrible (performance wise). And it's against the Apple EULA.

pparks1, Sep 20, 2017
  6. Berton Win User
    Some pages about how-to:
    add macOS to virtual drive on windows at DuckDuckGo
    Be aware older Mac OS X versions and the latest [renamed] macOS Sierra, use HFS+ drive formatting and don't do well natively with NTFS drive/partitioning formatting. Windows, Linux and Mac can all use FAT32 or exFAT. FAT32 has a 32GB limit in Windows along with the 4GB single file size limit, exFAT doesn't.

Berton, Sep 21, 2017
  7. pparks1 Win User
    After having played with Mac OSX in a virtual machine, as well as years ago building a hackintosh using an EFI-X chip, I cannot strongly recommend enough that if you want the Mac experience, just buy a Mac. Look at the Mac refurb site, as well as at Mac Mini's to keep your cost down.

pparks1, Sep 21, 2017
  8. Install Mac OS X

Thanks guys for your advices.
    My hardware
    Core i7 7th 6600 8 core
    With 16 cash
    12 G RAM DDR4
    1 TB hard desk drive

Are these good to try or just bay an old Mac
    I just want to get some experience with Mac.

Thanks again

mohammadkhateeb, Sep 21, 2017
  9. pparks1 Win User
    The beauty of the mac is the hardware as well as the OS together. I never had a positive experience with any OSX vm or hackintosh, but i have very much enjoyed my MacBook Pro for the last 3 years. As good today, as it was 3 years ago. No reformats, no clean up utilities, and no maintenance on my part. It just works.

pparks1, Sep 21, 2017
  10. Berton Win User
    My MacBook Pro from Mid-2010 with an Intel Core i7 started with Snow Leopard, now up to the latest macOS Sierra.

Berton, Sep 21, 2017
  11. pparks1 Win User
    Mine is mid 2013, mavericks to yosemite, to el capitan to sierra all without a hiccup.

pparks1, Sep 21, 2017
  12. badcrc Win User
    I'll put my hands up and admit to breaking the Mac EULA by running OS X 10.11 in VMware Workstation 11 a couple of times. I found the various online instructions too complicated, so I downloaded a (prob illegal) pre-built VM image.

Did it work - yes
    Was it worth it - no

I found navigating a different GUI, installing software etc a PITA - not unlike my previous forays into Linux. It was a relief to turn OSX off and get back into Windows.

badcrc, Sep 22, 2017
  13. jimbo45 Win User

Install Mac OS X

Hi there

please note if you run any OS under a VM on windows using say VMware you can always run its native file system such as EXT4 on a Linux VM by attaching the HDD as a physical VM. You'll need obviously the boot drive of the VM to run a file system supported by windows but a physical drive attached to the VM can run ANY file system supported by that VM's OS whether or not it runs on Windows --and by doing that you will often improve the performance of the VM.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Sep 23, 2017
  14. Drakathas Win User
    You basically can check if other people have been successful with installing MacOSX with certain components (or pre-built pc's or laptops). If your component is not listed, it doesn't mean it's not compatible, it just means that no one has posted a successful install method (there are at least hundreds, if no thousands, of install method combinations. So finding one that works can be extremely difficult). Long story short, it's not easy, and you have to become somewhat of an expert on the subject, or buy a pre-built computer (ex: a Dell with the exact model number of a successful install method), and follow the install method exactly. Either way, you WILL run into problems, and will have to troubleshoot. Better info here: https://www.cleverfiles.com/howto/in...mac-on-pc.html
    Good Luck!

Drakathas, Jan 3, 2018
  15. pparks1 Win User
    I'd find a place that sells used Mac laptops or iMac's. Buy one of those and learn a bit about Apple. You get the whole experience this way.

pparks1, Jan 3, 2018
Thema:

Install Mac OS X

1. Install Mac OS X - Similar Threads - Install Mac

2. How can I install a Mac OSX in a Windows 10 pro 64bit ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I install a Mac OSX in a Windows 10 pro 64bit ?: So basically I read that a Mac OSX partition can be installed in a Windows 10 pro environment,how do I need to proceed , what I already understood a 16 gigabyte flash drive is required that will contain dmg file exe correct me if I am wrong ....
  3. How can I create a Windows 10 bootable USB installer on Mac?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I create a Windows 10 bootable USB installer on Mac?: Hey everyone! I'm currently facing a bit of a challenge and could really use some guidance. I've recently needed to create a Windows 10 bootable USB installer, but there's a twist—I need to do it from my Mac. I understand that the process might be a bit different compared to...
  4. How can I create a Windows 10 bootable USB installer on Mac?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I create a Windows 10 bootable USB installer on Mac?: Hey everyone! I'm currently facing a bit of a challenge and could really use some guidance. I've recently needed to create a Windows 10 bootable USB installer, but there's a twist—I need to do it from my Mac. I understand that the process might be a bit different compared to...
  5. How can I create a Windows 10 bootable USB installer on Mac?

6. I can't install Windows 10 ISO file on my Mac or in literally any other device I own

I can't install Windows 10 ISO file on my Mac or in literally any other device I own: In the past, I've installed the Windows 10 ISO file from the official website without any trouble and did so multiple times in order to then use BootCamp and make disc partitions. But now, every time I try to access it and request to install it this error message appears: We...
  7. I can't install Windows 10 ISO file on my Mac or in literally any other device I own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't install Windows 10 ISO file on my Mac or in literally any other device I own: In the past, I've installed the Windows 10 ISO file from the official website without any trouble and did so multiple times in order to then use BootCamp and make disc partitions. But now, every time I try to access it and request to install it this error message appears: We...
  8. I can't install Windows 10 ISO file on my Mac or in literally any other device I own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. A media driver your computer needs is missing- installing ISO that was downloaded a Mac

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A media driver your computer needs is missing- installing ISO that was downloaded a Mac: Hi! So- last night my keyboard would not stop typing zeroes. I think- It's busted, so I unplug go to bed and order a new one. This morning I wake up to the BSOD- critical process died. Ran chkdsk- it found errors and fixed. It won't run SC scan or DISM scan. Tried...
  10. A media driver your computer needs is missing- installing ISO that was downloaded a Mac

A media driver your computer needs is missing- installing ISO that was downloaded a Mac: Hi! So- last night my keyboard would not stop typing zeroes. I think- It's busted, so I unplug go to bed and order a new one. This morning I wake up to the BSOD- critical process died. Ran chkdsk- it found errors and fixed. It won't run SC scan or DISM scan. Tried...