Windows 10: install media

Discus and support install media in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I purchased the full retail version of Windows 10 Home edition from Amazon. When I tried to install Windows on a newly built computer after selecting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by travelblues, Aug 21, 2020.

1. install media

I purchased the full retail version of Windows 10 Home edition from Amazon. When I tried to install Windows on a newly built computer after selecting 64 bit version the screen tells me that windows can't boot from device. After trying several bios settings with same problem I downloaded the media creation tool from the internet. This installed with no problems and windows is up and running. My question is will the produce key I got with the retail version of windows work with the downloaded versions that installed. If not how can I get in touch with someone to help me.

Travelblues

:)

travelblues, Aug 21, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

3. Gino Des Win User
    windows 10 Installation media disk

Hi Shaela,

To create a Windows 10 recovery DVD or USB, we suggest that you download and use the media creation tool from the

Microsoft software download website
    . To create an installation or repair media, follow the steps below:

• On a working PC, go to the
      Microsoft software download website
    • Download the media creation tool and then run it. You need to be an administrator to run this tool.
    • Select Create installation media for another PC.
    • Choose a language, edition, and architecture (64-bit or 32-bit).
    • Follow the steps to create installation media, and then select Finish.

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to send a reply.

Gino Des, Aug 21, 2020
  4. install media

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 21, 2020
Thema:

install media

1. install media - Similar Threads - install media

2. can someone help me with this dism log i tried to install media future pack but there wa an...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can someone help me with this dism log i tried to install media future pack but there wa an...: 2024-04-22 06:36:36, Info DISM DISM.EXE: Executing command line: "C:\Windows\system32\Dism.exe" /online /add-capability /CapabilityName:Media.MediaFeaturePack~~~~0.0.1.0 2024-04-22 06:36:36, Info DISM DISM Manager: PID=18528 TID=18716 physical location path: C:\ -...
  3. can someone help me with this dism log i tried to install media future pack but there wa an...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can someone help me with this dism log i tried to install media future pack but there wa an...: 2024-04-22 06:36:36, Info DISM DISM.EXE: Executing command line: "C:\Windows\system32\Dism.exe" /online /add-capability /CapabilityName:Media.MediaFeaturePack~~~~0.0.1.0 2024-04-22 06:36:36, Info DISM DISM Manager: PID=18528 TID=18716 physical location path: C:\ -...
  4. I cannot install the Media Feature Pack

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I cannot install the Media Feature Pack: We have a bout 100 machines with Windows 10/11 Pro N. The New Teams doesn't always work on these machines and a message is being displayed on the camera app that the Media Feature Pack is needed. I'm however unable to install this. Whether going to "Add an optional feature"...
  5. I cannot install the Media Feature Pack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot install the Media Feature Pack: We have a bout 100 machines with Windows 10/11 Pro N. The New Teams doesn't always work on these machines and a message is being displayed on the camera app that the Media Feature Pack is needed. I'm however unable to install this. Whether going to "Add an optional feature"...
  6. I cannot install the Media Feature Pack

7. Can you use media creation tool to install windows 11 for workstations?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you use media creation tool to install windows 11 for workstations?: Can Microsoft Media Creation Tool be used to install Windows 11 for workstations? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-use-media-creation-tool-to-install-windows/f728836e-0f09-4f51-b31c-e7ae6abcc008
  8. Can you use media creation tool to install windows 11 for workstations?

Can you use media creation tool to install windows 11 for workstations?: Can Microsoft Media Creation Tool be used to install Windows 11 for workstations? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-use-media-creation-tool-to-install-windows/f728836e-0f09-4f51-b31c-e7ae6abcc008
  9. How to install Media Feature Pack when Windows 11 23H2 can't find it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install Media Feature Pack when Windows 11 23H2 can't find it?: So, I have been trying to install the Media Feature Pack just so I can get my iCloud app working again, but the system can't seem to find it anywhere. I've tried to install it through regular settings as well as with PowerShell but with no results.I've also uninstalled the...
  10. How to install Media Feature Pack when Windows 11 23H2 can't find it?

How to install Media Feature Pack when Windows 11 23H2 can't find it?: So, I have been trying to install the Media Feature Pack just so I can get my iCloud app working again, but the system can't seem to find it anywhere. I've tried to install it through regular settings as well as with PowerShell but with no results.I've also uninstalled the...