Windows 10: Install Memory ?

Discus and support Install Memory ? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Today I upgraded the memory in my PowerSpec desktop. I had a very hard time installing the two 8Gb modules and getting the computer to boot. I did... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Winuser, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Winuser Win User

Install Memory ?

Today I upgraded the memory in my PowerSpec desktop. I had a very hard time installing the two 8Gb modules and getting the computer to boot. I did finally get it to work but I don't understand why I couldn't get it to work as the order shown in the manual. The computer came with 4GB memory module in B2. I put one 8GB in B2 and one in 8GB in A2 and the computer would not boot. Then I tried 8GB in B1 and 8GB in A1 and the computer wouldn't boot. Trying just one 8GB stick in all the slots the only slots that the computer would boot with is B1 or B2. I put the memory in B1 and B2 and the computer booted and all 16Gb is recognized. Anyone know why the memory locations showed in the manual wouldn't let my computer boot. the memory is two 8GB dual channel DDR4 2400MHz. They came as a set.

:)

Winuser, Feb 10, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Feb 10, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 10, 2019
  4. Install Memory ?

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Feb 10, 2019
Thema:

Install Memory ?

1. Install Memory ? - Similar Threads - Install Memory

2. I need to install windows updates but my laptop has 32Gigs of flash memory, so theres no...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I need to install windows updates but my laptop has 32Gigs of flash memory, so theres no...: How can I install newer updates of windows 10 when each time it reboots it fails because it says theres no more room. Ive deleted everything I could!...
  3. How to re-install .kde.exe/Microsoft Mangement Console/Frame.net /Memory Leak/Handle Leak...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to re-install .kde.exe/Microsoft Mangement Console/Frame.net /Memory Leak/Handle Leak...: Hi, Sorry that I am asking so many questions. My Lenova Ideapad330 nearly crashed. I think I solved all the Microsoft issues but I can't re-install WD My Passport external drive WD Backup or Utilities. This , of course is not a Microsoft issue but I have Systems restore on...
  4. Excessive use of RAM memory and CPU after installing build 18305.1003, 18309.1000 and...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Excessive use of RAM memory and CPU after installing build 18305.1003, 18309.1000 and...: Hello Windows team, when I have installed build 18305.1003 since then my PC is using full RAM memory and CPU, When i close some application and program the RAM memory not decrease. Now i have installed build 18312.1001 and still the same problem. Please kindly fix this...
  5. Game installation fails - 'Not enough memory resources to complete this command' ( 2)...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game installation fails - 'Not enough memory resources to complete this command' ( 2)...: I had made a question about this 6hrs ago and then i was calm but now i am totally pissed off the game downloading took me around 4 hrs but the installation which should had been only around 2-3 hr is just giving me errors from 2-3 days. I am absolutly annoyed and please...
  6. Game installation fails - 'Not enough memory resources to complete this command'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game installation fails - 'Not enough memory resources to complete this command': Hi, I just recently got a copy of a game i wanted from a really long time from my friend and started installing it as soon as i got it, but the first time my game files got corrupt as i had the antivirus on and it just was a false alarm(Being an idiot i clicked on delete...
  7. Installed Memory vs Usable Memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Installed Memory vs Usable Memory: I am trying to work out why my installed memory and available memory are so far off in difference, 2.7 gig difference. Windows 10 Home Version The virtual memory shows the same difference, 2.23 gb Page file system is 1.25 gb Thank you C...
  8. Windows Update Caused Forza Motorsport 7 Installation to Crash-- Memory still taken up

Windows Update Caused Forza Motorsport 7 Installation to Crash-- Memory still taken up: I recently purchased Forza Motorsport 7 for Windows 10. Initially, the download was proceeding as expected. However, somewhere near the end of the download (~95% download complete) or the installation, an update and restart for my Surface Pro caused the installation to crash....
  9. New Install of Intel Optane Memory Module to Existing Windows 10 Pro

New Install of Intel Optane Memory Module to Existing Windows 10 Pro: I purchased a 32GB Optane Memory Module and am seeking advise to make the install go smoothly.......... I am running Windows 10 Pro 1709 OS Build 16299.371 I have an MSI Z370 Gaming Plus Motherboard with 16GB of ram and Intel I7 8700K Processor ...... MSI latest bios...
  10. Installed memory: 8GB (6GB usable) - 2 GB is Hardware Reserved

Installed memory: 8GB (6GB usable) - 2 GB is Hardware Reserved: I have a 64-bit windows 10 desktop with 4GB (2x2GB) of memory that I built about nine years ago. A week ago I purchased more memory (2x2GB) of the same brand/model/specs to bring the total up to 8GB but when I installed it, windows said 8GB is installed but only 4GB is...