Windows 10: Install Memory ?

Discus and support Install Memory ? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Today I upgraded the memory in my PowerSpec desktop. I had a very hard time installing the two 8Gb modules and getting the computer to boot. I did... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Winuser, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Winuser Win User

Install Memory ?

Today I upgraded the memory in my PowerSpec desktop. I had a very hard time installing the two 8Gb modules and getting the computer to boot. I did finally get it to work but I don't understand why I couldn't get it to work as the order shown in the manual. The computer came with 4GB memory module in B2. I put one 8GB in B2 and one in 8GB in A2 and the computer would not boot. Then I tried 8GB in B1 and 8GB in A1 and the computer wouldn't boot. Trying just one 8GB stick in all the slots the only slots that the computer would boot with is B1 or B2. I put the memory in B1 and B2 and the computer booted and all 16Gb is recognized. Anyone know why the memory locations showed in the manual wouldn't let my computer boot. the memory is two 8GB dual channel DDR4 2400MHz. They came as a set.

:)

Winuser, Feb 10, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Feb 10, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 10, 2019
  4. Install Memory ?

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Feb 10, 2019
Thema:

Install Memory ?

1. Install Memory ? - Similar Threads - Install Memory

2. Low Memory Usage After Installing Custom Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Low Memory Usage After Installing Custom Windows 10: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/8an2klfgwcpc1.png?width=615&format=png&auto=webp&s=5f8925be626965edf38406f5a7924ef29e277ff8 submitted by /u/SkrSkrWhizzingRound [link] [comments]...
  3. VmmemWSA proccess using high memory without virtual machine installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VmmemWSA proccess using high memory without virtual machine installed: Hello for the past week or so I keep seeing VmmemWsa And Vmmem in task manager taking up oneof the 5 top spots for memory usage> Loooking around it seem like it is used for virtual machines and with a program like docker but I do not have or ever did have a virtual machine...
  4. VmmemWSA proccess using high memory without virtual machine installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VmmemWSA proccess using high memory without virtual machine installed: Hello for the past week or so I keep seeing VmmemWsa And Vmmem in task manager taking up oneof the 5 top spots for memory usage> Loooking around it seem like it is used for virtual machines and with a program like docker but I do not have or ever did have a virtual machine...
  5. Memory Management BSOD Even After Attempting But Failed Fresh Install of Windows, Replaced...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory Management BSOD Even After Attempting But Failed Fresh Install of Windows, Replaced...: Hello,I had built my pc a couple months ago and everything was working fine until I started getting blue screens with the Memory Management error. I tried a clean reinstall of windows through a windows 11 installation media usb thinking it was a driver issue, however, I still...
  6. Memory Management BSOD Even After Attempting But Failed Fresh Install of Windows, Replaced...

Memory Management BSOD Even After Attempting But Failed Fresh Install of Windows, Replaced...: Hello,I had built my pc a couple months ago and everything was working fine until I started getting blue screens with the Memory Management error. I tried a clean reinstall of windows through a windows 11 installation media usb thinking it was a driver issue, however, I still...
  7. Game Crashing after fresh install of Windows - Memory DMP atached.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Crashing after fresh install of Windows - Memory DMP atached.: Hi there,My computer is crashing in some games after 10 minutes or so. My GPU, CPU and RAM have all been individually stress tested by software and all have passed. The machine loses display and the fans run up and i have to force it off and back on. I did a fresh install of...
  8. Game Crashing after fresh install of Windows - Memory DMP atached.

Game Crashing after fresh install of Windows - Memory DMP atached.: Hi there,My computer is crashing in some games after 10 minutes or so. My GPU, CPU and RAM have all been individually stress tested by software and all have passed. The machine loses display and the fans run up and i have to force it off and back on. I did a fresh install of...
  9. My DellXPS 8930 with recently installed WIN11 PRO with 32GB of DD4 Memory continues to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My DellXPS 8930 with recently installed WIN11 PRO with 32GB of DD4 Memory continues to...: Need to understand the reason for the blue screen and reboots. Here is the Event Viewer data along with minidumps from the 12th. This occurs twice back to back every time. Notice in the Event Viewer in APP you'll see this. Need to understand what does this mean in Event...
  10. My DellXPS 8930 with recently installed WIN11 PRO with 32GB of DD4 Memory continues to...

My DellXPS 8930 with recently installed WIN11 PRO with 32GB of DD4 Memory continues to...: Need to understand the reason for the blue screen and reboots. Here is the Event Viewer data along with minidumps from the 12th. This occurs twice back to back every time. Notice in the Event Viewer in APP you'll see this. Need to understand what does this mean in Event...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. add 8G memory to powerspec g153