Windows 10: Install Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 & 2019 with Puppet/Chocolatey

Discus and support Install Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 & 2019 with Puppet/Chocolatey in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have use Puppet/Chocolatey to configure visual studio 2010-2015. The last release of VS 2017 & 2019 has change a bit because of the new online... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Oranif, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Oranif Win User

Install Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 & 2019 with Puppet/Chocolatey

I have use Puppet/Chocolatey to configure visual studio 2010-2015. The last release of VS 2017 & 2019 has change a bit because of the new online installer method and I am still searching for a solution to install them with Puppet/Chocolatey. When I execute my VS package, only the installer of visual studio will be installed and not the entire software. Also, if I launch the installer from my client computer I can't do anything, no one option is available:

Install Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 & 2019 with Puppet/Chocolatey [​IMG]

Here is a picture of my ChocolateyInstall.ps1 File:

I also have my Common.ps1 File:

And finally the .JSON File called "VS2017CustomInstall.JSON":

:)

Oranif, Aug 15, 2019
  2. Suman_B Win User

visual studio 2017

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Usually, the packages installation fails if there is an issue with the installation file or the installed program. You can try to download a new setup file and then try to install Visual Studio from Visual Studio 2017 System Requirements

I would also suggest you to check this article on Troubleshoot
    Visual Studio installation and upgrade issues
    which should be helpful based on the Visual Studio installation issue that you are facing.

However, let me point you in the right direction where you will be able to get the support for the issue that you are facing. I would suggest you to post your query in the
    TechNet,
    where you will be able to find support from professionals and members for issues related to Visual Studio 2017.

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Suman_B, Aug 15, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Visual Studio 2017 version 15.9 now available

Source: Visual Studio 2017 version 15.9 now available | The Visual Studio Blog

Tweet

— Twitter API (@User) View on Twiiter

Brink, Aug 15, 2019
  4. Louie Del Win User

can't install Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2017

Hi,

Since you've already used the suggested full installer for Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2017, can you confirm if you've also tried the solutions in the link above provided by
    Andrea Da Costa? Let us know if you're getting the same concern so we can recommend additional troubleshooting steps.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Louie Del, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Install Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 & 2019 with Puppet/Chocolatey - Similar Threads - Install Microsoft Visual

2. Visual Studio 2017 not installing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Visual Studio 2017 not installing: Hello i tried to download Visual studio 2017 because of my storage to make stuff in c# but i keep getting this error i do not have any VS installed yet this error keeps popping up...
  3. Visual Studio 2017 not installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual Studio 2017 not installing: Hello i tried to download Visual studio 2017 because of my storage to make stuff in c# but i keep getting this error i do not have any VS installed yet this error keeps popping up...
  4. Visual Studio 2017 not installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019: I am trying to install Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributablex64: vc_redist.x64.exe. I have recently bought a game on Steam and and error appears saying it can not find 2 paths in the Visual C++. C:\ProgramData\Package...
  6. Will there be fix to Visual Studio Community 2019 and Visual Studio Tools 2017?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will there be fix to Visual Studio Community 2019 and Visual Studio Tools 2017?: [ATTACH] This has been going on since the 16.4.3 release for Visual Studio Community 2019 update. After the second update since the error, 16.4.4, I switched to Enterprise. I scrolled through several forums in a relationship base search but no success in finding a solution....
  7. Problems installing Microsoft Visual Studio 2017-2019 Redistributable (x86)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problems installing Microsoft Visual Studio 2017-2019 Redistributable (x86): I have installed the Microsoft Visual Studio 2017-2019 Redistributable (x64) without any errors. But once I installed the (x86) I'm receiving this error: [ATTACH] I have figured maybe my Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable was corrupted as I would always get a much more...
  8. Visual studio 2017, 2019 Sign in Error

Visual studio 2017, 2019 Sign in Error: I am having issues signing into Visual studio 2019 or 2017. It throws an error about "we could not refresh the credentials for the account could not load file or assemble system.Net.Http" I cannot even signout or Forget my account to clean up. IT just does not let me in....
  9. visual studio 2017

visual studio 2017: The product failed to install due to one or more package failures. You can search for solutions using the information below, retry the installation, or remove the product from your machine. Following is a collection of individual package failures. To search for existing...
  10. Visual Studio 2017 Will NOT Open After Installation

Visual Studio 2017 Will NOT Open After Installation: I downloaded VS 2017 Community, however, when I try to launch it it doesn't open. I googled this and tried uninstalling it, repairing it, running as Administrator, I even tried using CMD and executing commands like "devenv.exe/ResetSettings" "devenv.exe/Setup"...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. choco cannot install visualstudio2017 server core