Windows 10: Install Module with PowerShell: NuGet Unable to download, check your internet connection

Discus and support Install Module with PowerShell: NuGet Unable to download, check your internet connection in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; While installing the NuGet PowerShell module, you will get the following error WARNING: MSG:UnableToDownload... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Noel, Jan 9, 2023.

1. Noel New Member

Install Module with PowerShell: NuGet Unable to download, check your internet connection

While installing the NuGet PowerShell module, you will get the following error

WARNING: MSG:UnableToDownload «https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=627338&clcid=0x409» «»
    WARNING: Unable to download the list of available providers. Check your internet connection.
    WARNING: Unable to download from URI 'https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=627338&clcid=0x409' to ''.
    Install-PackageProvider : No match was found for the specified search criteria for the provider 'NuGet'. The package provider requires 'PackageManagement' and 'Provider' tags. Please check if the specified package has the tags.
    At line:1 char:1
    + Install-PackageProvider -Name NuGet -MinimumVersion 2.8.5.201 -Force
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : InvalidArgument: (Microsoft.Power...PackageProvider:InstallPackageProvider) [Install-PackageProvider], Exception
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : NoMatchFoundForProvider,Microsoft.PowerShell.PackageManagement.Cmdlets.InstallPackageProvider

To resolve the problem open a PowerShell window as Administrator and enter the following command.
    [Net.ServicePointManager]::SecurityProtocol = [Net.SecurityProtocolType]::Tls12

This will resolve the problem temporarily as if you would run the command again, it will still prompt the same problem. To resolve the issue permanently, you need to update the registry by running the below command to update the registry.

Set-ItemProperty -Path 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\.NetFramework\v4.0.30319' -Name 'SchUseStrongCrypto' -Value '1' -Type DWord

Set-ItemProperty -Path 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NetFramework\v4.0.30319' -Name 'SchUseStrongCrypto' -Value '1' -Type DWord

Close all PowerShell windows and try again with the following command to confirm that the protocol has been updated.

[Net.ServicePointManager]::SecurityProtocol

(1)

read more...

Noel, Jan 9, 2023
  2. MuniOnp Win User

NuGet-anycpu.exe, offers to download but everytime it says " Initialization Failed. Unable to find package provider 'NuGet'

Original title: Powershell Module Browser problem

ill keep it simple, I installed the module browser on powershell but its asking for NuGet-anycpu.exe, it offers to download it but everytime it says " Initialization Failed. Unable to find package provider 'NuGet' "

how do I get this missing piece of software to get the module browser working; it can't be as simple as downloading the nuget command line program, renaming it as nuget-anycpu and placing it wherever because both time it gave me a powershell error, can anyone
    help me, or is this question more suited to the technet forums?

MuniOnp, Jan 9, 2023
  3. RajathRB Win User
    Trying to install Nuget Provider using Powershell and getting this error

Hi All,

I am trying to install Nuget Provider in powershell and running below command-

Install-PackageProvider -Name NuGet -MinimumVersion 2.8.5.201 -Force'

I am getting below error. My meachine is connected to internet and no proxy. I tried setting -

[Net.ServicePointManager]::SecurityProtocol = [Net.SecurityProtocolType]::Tls12. But no luck. Can anybody help me on this.

WARNING: Unable to download the list of available providers. Check your internet connection.

PackageManagement\Install-PackageProvider : No match was found for the specified search criteria for the provider

'NuGet'. The package provider requires 'PackageManagement' and 'Provider' tags. Please check if the specified package

has the tags.

At C:\Program Files (x86)\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\PowerShellGet\1.0.0.1\PSModule.psm1:7468 char:21

+ ... $null = PackageManagement\Install-PackageProvider -Name $script:N ...

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : InvalidArgument: (Microsoft.Power...PackageProvider:InstallPackageProvider) [Install-Pac

kageProvider], Exception

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : NoMatchFoundForProvider,Microsoft.PowerShell.PackageManagement.Cmdlets.InstallPackagePro

vider

PackageManagement\Import-PackageProvider : No match was found for the specified search criteria and provider name

'NuGet'. Try 'Get-PackageProvider -ListAvailable' to see if the provider exists on the system.

At C:\Program Files (x86)\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\PowerShellGet\1.0.0.1\PSModule.psm1:7474 char:21

+ ... $null = PackageManagement\Import-PackageProvider -Name $script:Nu ...

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : InvalidData: (NuGet:String) [Import-PackageProvider], Exception

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : NoMatchFoundForCriteria,Microsoft.PowerShell.PackageManagement.Cmdlets.ImportPackageProv

ider

RajathRB, Jan 9, 2023
  4. Install Module with PowerShell: NuGet Unable to download, check your internet connection

Trying to install NuGet package using Powershell and getting this error

Install-PackageProvider -Name NuGet -MinimumVersion 2.8.5.201 -Force

WARNING: Unable to download from URI 'https://onegetcdn.azureedge.net/providers/Microsoft.PackageManagement.Nu

GetProvider-2.8.5.208.dll' to ''.

Install-PackageProvider : Failed to bootstrap provider

'https://onegetcdn.azureedge.net/providers/nuget-2.8.5.208.package.swidtag'.

At line:1 char:1

+ Install-PackageProvider -Name NuGet -MinimumVersion 2.8.5.201 -Force

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (https://onegetc...package.swidtag:String) [Install-PackageP

rovider], Exception

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : FailedProviderBootstrap,Microsoft.PowerShell.PackageManagement.Cmdlets.Install

PackageProvider

*****Any help would be really appreciated****

Note: also try to below command but no luck

[Net.ServicePointManager]::SecurityProtocol = [Net.SecurityProtocolType]::Tls12

Santosh Seelam, Jan 9, 2023
Thema:

Install Module with PowerShell: NuGet Unable to download, check your internet connection

1. Install Module with PowerShell: NuGet Unable to download, check your internet connection - Similar Threads - Install Module PowerShell

2. Unable to Download from URI, PowerShell Install-Module Error

in Windows 10 News
    Unable to Download from URI, PowerShell Install-Module Error: [ATTACH]On your Windows 11 or Windows 10 computer, you may get the Unable to Download from URI, PowerShell Install-Module Error when you try to connect to the PowerShell Repository or run the Install-Module cmdlet to install a package on your device. This post provides the...
  3. Install Error - Please check your internet connection and try again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install Error - Please check your internet connection and try again: hi when i try to install an .exe i get this error but the connection is ok. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-error-please-check-your-internet/04690f69-bad1-44e6-bff3-7c09ac8fd84a
  4. Install Error - Please check your internet connection and try again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Install Error - Please check your internet connection and try again: hi when i try to install an .exe i get this error but the connection is ok. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-error-please-check-your-internet/04690f69-bad1-44e6-bff3-7c09ac8fd84a
  5. Trying to install NuGet package using Powershell and getting this error

Trying to install NuGet package using Powershell and getting this error: Install-PackageProvider -Name NuGet -MinimumVersion 2.8.5.201 -ForceWARNING: Unable to download from URI 'https://onegetcdn.azureedge.net/providers/Microsoft.PackageManagement.NuGetProvider-2.8.5.208.dll' to ''.Install-PackageProvider : Failed to bootstrap provider...
  6. Cant Download tools from NuGet from PowerShell

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant Download tools from NuGet from PowerShell: Hi,Cant Download tools from NuGet from PowerShell: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/customerengagement/on-premises/developer/download-tools-nugetThe following command doesn’t work on my company laptop. It is possible to execute the command's with succes on my...
  7. Unable to install modules and powershell ISE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to install modules and powershell ISE: hello, Any one can you help me on above issue. unable to install powershell ise before that uninstall powewrshell ise, powershell not avialble in optional feature also... From another post: This is suman bandi i am not able to install module and powershell ise for...
  8. Trying to install Nuget Provider using Powershell and getting this error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to install Nuget Provider using Powershell and getting this error: Hi All, I am trying to install Nuget Provider in powershell and running below command- Install-PackageProvider -Name NuGet -MinimumVersion 2.8.5.201 -Force' I am getting below error. My meachine is connected to internet and no proxy. I tried setting -...
  9. Metro APPS - Check your Internet Connection

Metro APPS - Check your Internet Connection: Metro APPS cannot connect to the Internet, however desktop apps can. Please advised thanks! I figured out it was just some apps; 0x80070422 So I tried uninstalling it and I can't get it back now : ( : ( and I can't install any new apps either. : / what's going on!? 38715
  10. Windows powershell/module installer query

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows powershell/module installer query: Hey all Since yesterday i have noticed for about a few seconds every 20 minutes something seems to trigger windows powershell and the module installer service. I'am aware that both programs are essential so i'm wondering if this simple just routine maintainance or not. I...