Windows 10: Install MS Translate as an extension

Discus and support Install MS Translate as an extension in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have MS Translate downloaded, but I can't get it to work as an extension in my Edge browser. What should I do? Thanks.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by StephenfromChch, May 6, 2020.

1. Install MS Translate as an extension

I have MS Translate downloaded, but I can't get it to work as an extension in my Edge browser.

What should I do?

Thanks.

:)

StephenfromChch, May 6, 2020

2. Cannot install Edge extension Translator

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with installing Edge extension translator. I will certainly help you with the issue.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps:

• Open Powershell as admin.
    • Type: "Get-AppxPackage *pocket* | Remove-AppxPackage" without the quotes this will unsintall pocket. You can try skipping step 3.
    • Type: "Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}" without the quotes.

this will reinstall all stock apps including the Windows Store
    • Now you should be able to install Pocket through the Windows Store.

Note: Replace *pocket* in step 2 with *extensionname* (example: pocket extension).

Hope this information helps.

Please get back to us with an update on the issue, we will be happy to help.

Ankit Rajput, May 6, 2020
  3. Sechariah Win User
    Cannot install Edge extension Translator

I cannot get translator extension to install. I get the message "This app encountered a problem. Please reinstall it to repair" I have tried the fix suggested here a number of times by replacing *pocket* with *translator*, *TranslatorforMicrosoftEdge*
    or *Microsoft.TranslatorforMicrosoftEdge*

The instructions are not clear exactly what should go in between the stars?

Anyway, none of these have solved the problem. After step 2 I have run step 3 exactly to the letter as suggested.

Can you please give clear instructions as to how to solve the problem so that also those folks without computer science degree can get the thing to work. Thank you in advance

My System:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Version 10.0.16299 Build 16299

Sechariah, May 6, 2020
  4. Install MS Translate as an extension

Cannot install Edge extension Translator

Hello,

Thank you for your response. I appreciate your time.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps:

• Launch your Edge browser and click on the 3-dotted
      More link. You will see an Extensions item.

• Click on Extensions to open the following panel. Here you will see a
      Get extensions from the Store link.

• Currently, extensions like Amazon Assistant, Evernote Web Clipper, LastPass, Mouse Gestures, Office Online, OneNote Web Clipper, Page Analyzer, Pinterest Pin It Button, Reddit Enhancement
      Suite, Save to Pocket, Translate for Microsoft Edge, etc., are available for Edge.

• Clicking on one of them will open the Windows Store page which offers this extension.

• Click on the
      Free button to install it.

• To enable the extension, click on
      Turn it on. If you do not want to enable it, click on Keep it off. Once you do this, you will see this entry in the list of extensions installed. Here you see only one as I have installed only one extension.

• Once the Edge extension is enabled, you will see it added to your panel. Right-clicking on it will offer you two options:

• Show next to address bar

• Manage.

• You can toggle the switch to On/Off position – for the Pin It button as well as for showing it next to the address bar.

• You will also see buttons that show you more
      Options and one that lets you Uninstall the Edge extension.

• Clicking on
      Options will show additional settings offered for that plugin in a new browser tab that will open automatically.

• Clicking on
      Uninstall will uninstall the Edge extension.

• The settings and options available for each extension, will of course differ.

Hope this information helps.

Please get back to us with an update on the issue, we will be happy to help.

Ankit Rajput, May 6, 2020
Thema:

Install MS Translate as an extension

1. Install MS Translate as an extension - Similar Threads - Install Translate extension

2. Anti Virus Extension for MS Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Anti Virus Extension for MS Edge: Hi Community, I use Microsoft Edge and it works better than Google Chrome. But I do not want to buy antivirus. Is there any extension that I can use in place of antivirus? Or do I even need one? P.S. The topics are MS Windows and MS Edge....
  3. How to add MS Translate as an extension?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to add MS Translate as an extension?: I want to install MS Translate as an extension in Edge browser. I have downloaded it but don’t know how to make it work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-add-ms-translate-as-an-extension/fd411258-521b-4a8c-bad4-19d2c8c2a201
  4. Offline installation of translate app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Offline installation of translate app: I would like to install translate app to a PC with no internet access and no provision to have one. Is this possible ? Please let me know the procedure for the same....
  5. How to have MS Translate show in address bar and translate webpages?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to have MS Translate show in address bar and translate webpages?: I have MS Translate installed on my computer and it will translate text when I copy and paste into it.. but it won't translate webpages...and it doesn't show at the right of the address bar... I have run the Translator troubleshooter. What could be wrong?...
  6. Translator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Translator: After the recent downloads from Microsoft I lost my right click translator ability - how do I get it back - I have a translator app on my task bar bbut that is separate - This recent download for edge and WD has made my computer a Dell XPS slower any answers...
  7. translate

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    translate: Buna ziua, Sunt din Romania si nu stiu limba engleza, telefonul meu Lumia 640 cu sistem operare Windows 10 mobile nu traduce simultan paginile web in romana. Care este aplicatia si setarile care ma pot ajuta ? Multumesc comunitatii !...
  8. translate

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    translate: Buna ziua, Sunt din Romania si nu stiu limba engleza, telefonul meu Lumia 640 cu sistem operare Windows 10 mobile nu traduce simultan paginile web in romana. Care este aplicatia si setarile care ma pot ajuta ? Multumesc comunitatii !...
  9. translator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    translator: I am trying to add a translator to notepad or to use in windows 10 - got the one for Edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_books/translator/408a587f-4801-4704-9178-153e5baaa3b7
  10. MS Translator. New version installed ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Translator. New version installed ?: I used Translator the other day (one with the blue and white tile from the store) and it was fine, all as expected. I clean installed it the other day when I did a clean install of the April 2018 Update, and today when I go to use it I get a totally different version. Not...