Windows 10: Install MSI and MSP at once with PATCH MSI Property

Discus and support Install MSI and MSP at once with PATCH MSI Property in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, till today I thought, that it is possible to apply an upgrade and an update to a program at the same time using: msiexec.exe /i "c:\x\x.msi"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BennyBuerger, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Install MSI and MSP at once with PATCH MSI Property

Hi,

till today I thought, that it is possible to apply an upgrade and an update to a program at the same time using:

msiexec.exe /i "c:\x\x.msi" PATCH="C:\x\x1.msp;C:\x\x2.msp"

Today I got problems when running the program because some files and registrations where not updated.

A test using

msiexec.exe /i "c:\x\x.msi"

and then

msiexe /update "C:\x\x1.msp;C:\x\x2.msp"

worked fine all files have been copied and all registrations were made.

Is this a bug or is the option using the MSI Patch Property not really supported?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/msi/patch

:)

BennyBuerger, Apr 27, 2020

2. Windows 10 Windows Installer Folder MSI and MSP files

I have about 410 GB of MSP and MSI Files. Patch Cleaner said it did something to delete files, but the numbers did not change. Disk Cleaner and CCleaner have done nothing. Really 420 GB of "Other Files" according to CCleaner. That's 95% of my storage.
    Yes, I have a 440 GB Digital Hard Drive.

WilliamSimonson, Apr 27, 2020
  3. Delete msi ans msp files on windows 10

Hi everybody

My computer is full of msi and msp files.

How can I delete these files and still have a computer running well ?

I don't want to change my PC.

What is the solution ? I guess there is one, isn't it ?

RamuntchoGASSIAT, Apr 27, 2020
  4. Install MSI and MSP at once with PATCH MSI Property

Windows 10 Windows Installer Folder MSI and MSP files

Thanks Andre. I'm on it. But. . .
    I hope someone catches me before i fall over the cliff here. I MAY find something new with TreeSize, Windirstat or Wiztree; but Ccleaner has already pinpointed around 420 GB out of a 450 GB Digital Hard drive. It's all about deleting Unused
    MSI and MSP files from my Windows 10 Installer Folder. Can the 3 above mentioned help with that?
    I'm going in.

WilliamSimonson, Apr 27, 2020
Thema:

Install MSI and MSP at once with PATCH MSI Property

1. Install MSI and MSP at once with PATCH MSI Property - Similar Threads - Install MSI MSP

2. Text document called "msi" and "msp" randomly appearing in Downloads

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text document called "msi" and "msp" randomly appearing in Downloads: So I was checking my downloads folder and saw two random text documents, called "msi" and "msp", even though I have not downloaded them. Should I be concerned? I could not find anything online about them....
  3. Text document called "msi" and "msp" randomly appearing in Downloads

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Text document called "msi" and "msp" randomly appearing in Downloads: So I was checking my downloads folder and saw two random text documents, called "msi" and "msp", even though I have not downloaded them. Should I be concerned? I could not find anything online about them....
  4. MSI installer not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSI installer not working: Been getting this error since morning, everything on the web. Any help? I'm running windows 11 insider https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msi-installer-not-working/39fb3aad-e654-4465-9a46-0c629c1c5920
  5. MSI installer not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MSI installer not working: Been getting this error since morning, everything on the web. Any help? I'm running windows 11 insider https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msi-installer-not-working/39fb3aad-e654-4465-9a46-0c629c1c5920
  6. .msi installers not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    .msi installers not working: I am having trouble installing software which have .msi installers. Every time I select the install location and click 'Next', the installer freezes and shows, "Installer not responding". I have tried .msi installers from different softwares and I'm having the same problem...
  7. .msi cant be installed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    .msi cant be installed: I was trying to update wsl to wsl 2. For that you have to run wsl_update_x64.msi, but every time i ran it displayed an error saying "This installation is forbidden by system policy. Contact your system administrator" I didint need wsl that much so I just let it be. A few days...
  8. How to clean up unused .MSI and .MSP Files from Windows Installer folder

in Windows 10 News
    How to clean up unused .MSI and .MSP Files from Windows Installer folder: [ATTACH]When applications are installed and updated on the Windows 10 Operating System a hidden directory designated as C:\Windows\Installer is used to store the Microsoft Installer […] This article How to clean up unused .MSI and .MSP Files from Windows Installer folder...
  9. Installer folder cleanup. Clean msp & msi patches marked as superseded

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Installer folder cleanup. Clean msp & msi patches marked as superseded: Has anyone tried this script ? Presenting… StartComponentCleanup for MSI (including Office) | My Digital Life Forums It cleaned up about 6Gb of files in my windows\installer directory most of them was old Office 2016 patches. Is there a downside of cleaning up old and...
  10. Installer forder cleanup. Clean msp & msi patches marked as superseded

in Windows 10 Support
    Installer forder cleanup. Clean msp & msi patches marked as superseded: Has anyone tried this script ? Presenting… StartComponentCleanup for MSI (including Office) | My Digital Life Forums It cleaned up about 6Gb of files in my windows\installer directory most of them was old Office 2016 patches. Is there a downside of cleaning up old and...