Windows 10: Install new SSD & new version of win 10 pro

Discus and support Install new SSD & new version of win 10 pro in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi guys, I am going to install a new SSD & new w10. I have got a laptop that I bought from Dell about 5 years ago with windows10 pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by jkeXZ, Dec 12, 2020.

1. jkeXZ Win User

Install new SSD & new version of win 10 pro

Hi guys,

I am going to install a new SSD & new w10.

I have got a laptop that I bought from Dell about 5 years ago with windows10 pro pre-installed.

Do I need to go and buy a new copy of windows with a new product key or can I download windows from Microsoft using the "Create Windows 10 installation media" and putting the ISO file on a new usb, and is the product key is still attached to the computer.

Do I need to format the new SSD, how?

Do I need to format the new usb?

Do I need to remove Office from the hard drive I am replacing so it is not counted in my account as an installed program?

Once these things are done, can I just change the boot sequence to boot from usb and windows will install?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

jkeXZ

:)

jkeXZ, Dec 12, 2020

2. easiest way to install win10 on new ssd???

Hi.

I'm installing win 10 pro on a new ssd but on a machine I already run win 10 pro on.

Thanks.

ddmeltzer8, Dec 12, 2020
  3. win 10 and new ssd

I found similar queries but not the answer i quite need. I'm thinking of buying a new ssd and then installing win 10 to it as my current 1TB hdd is running low on space. I'm currently running win 10 on the hdd so the question is 3-fold.

1)how do i proceed to install win 10 on the new ssd

2)how do I remove win 10 from my hdd after installing it to my new ssd

3(can i do all this without having to wipe my hdd as it took nearly a week to re-install all my games and programs last time when I upgrade from 8.1 to 10 and it wiped my HDD.

chadpalmer1313, Dec 12, 2020
  4. Endre_am Win User

Putting SSD with activated Win 10 pro from an old laptop to a new one

Hello

My Lenovo G570 laptop monitor has been damaged beyond repair. I can use the laptop monitor for limited work, so repairing would cost more than a second hand laptop. So I wish to buy a used laptop and to insert my SSD with activated Win 10 pro from the
    old (Lenovo G570) laptop into the new one. To repeat, Win 10pro OS was activated in the old (Lenovo G570) laptop, so I would place the SSD with the activated Win 10 pro from the old to a new laptop.

My question is:

After putting my SSD with activated Win 10 pro from the old (Lenovo G570) to a new laptop, would my activated Win 10 pro from the old laptop work in the new laptop? That is, will I lose the valid license for Win 10 pro if
    I swap the Win 10 pro with SSD between the laptops?

Regards

Endre

Endre_am, Dec 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Install new SSD & new version of win 10 pro - Similar Threads - Install SSD version

2. Best Way To Install WIN 10 On New SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Best Way To Install WIN 10 On New SSD: I have installed a new SSD in my desktop PC and don't want to mess up making the new SSD my boot up drive by doing the wrong thing, so what is the best way to install Win 10 onto my SSD so that it will work as my boot drive.I have installed Macrium Reflect free version. Do I...
  3. Best Way To Install WIN 10 On New SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Best Way To Install WIN 10 On New SSD: I have installed a new SSD in my desktop PC and don't want to mess up making the new SSD my boot up drive by doing the wrong thing, so what is the best way to install Win 10 onto my SSD so that it will work as my boot drive.I have installed Macrium Reflect free version. Do I...
  4. Best Way To Install WIN 10 On New SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Win 10 pro new install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 pro new install: Okay so building a new computer for the first time, I bought a win 10 pro OEM disc with key off of Amazon. Can I just install win 10 pro with a flash drive, than just enter the key from the disk to activate? Or do I need to hook up an external disk drive to run the CD to...
  6. New win 10 version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New win 10 version: ....... has screwed pc up. I had no net, even though pc said i as connected but AVG said I had corrupted new dvr config, but - we have fixed it, reboot. Nice one AVG. I have nothing to find on my windows icon for apps page, nothing happens!!! Nce one MS, do one please!...
  7. New SSD clean Install Win 10 Pro 64bit

New SSD clean Install Win 10 Pro 64bit: Hi Everybody, In about 2-3 weeks I will get a new SSD Samsung 850 EVO Basic MZ-75E2T0 2TB to replace my too small SSD of the same brand. I am running Win 10 Pro 64-bit fully licensed and I have all the keys like Product ID, Installed Key, Original Key, Original Edition...
  8. Install Win 10 Pro on new 250 GB SSD

Install Win 10 Pro on new 250 GB SSD: Want install Win 10 Pro on new 250 GB SSD drive. Already have Win 10 Pro installed and working on a 500 GB drive. Have bootable Win 10 on usb created with the windows tool. Now for the questions *Smile 1. I will disconnect all drives except for the new SSD, and try the...
  9. New WIN 10 Install on new SAMSUNG EVO 250GB SSD

New WIN 10 Install on new SAMSUNG EVO 250GB SSD: This is just what is says. A fresh win 10 install on a new SSD. Do not explain to me about cloning. To date I've upgraded the BIOS (UEFI) on a ASUS P67 Performance Gen3 motherboard. I've changed the SATA Mode to AHCI. I can see the drive in the BIOS. The Windows...
  10. New SSD for Win 10

New SSD for Win 10: Win 7 Pro currently installed on 126GB SSD. Only 20 GB capacity left. Plan to install new 500GB SSD as C Drive. Plan is to clone 126 SSD to 500 SSD, including Win 7 OS, before installing 10. Then install 10 to 500 GB SSD Does this seem like best way to go? Thanks 8944