Windows 10: Install Nvidia driver from USB with cmd

Discus and support Install Nvidia driver from USB with cmd in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Greetings everyone. My windows won't boot as of lately, thanks to dxgkrnl.sys As much as I have found put that could be caused by a corrupt Nvidia... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Albert_Leary, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Install Nvidia driver from USB with cmd

Greetings everyone. My windows won't boot as of lately, thanks to dxgkrnl.sys As much as I have found put that could be caused by a corrupt Nvidia driver. Now I get a blue screen when I want to boot. Now the question is how can I install the driver from my usb stick onto my computer? I am able to Access command prompt through the repair screen, but I don't know the commands. Can I just take the Gefore game ready .exe and run it through cmd? Do I have to extract the content of the exe into a folder and run a specific file from there? I have no clue, and I thank everyone in advance for their help

submitted by /u/Albert_Leary
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Albert_Leary, Jun 4, 2020
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Jun 4, 2020
  3. Fox34 Win User
    I cant get drivers to install

Read my guide, goes step buy step for nvidia driver install. Though I use a different driver cause I got 8 series, same method of installation

Fox34, Jun 4, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Install Nvidia driver from USB with cmd

Error: The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28) for NVidia MX250 Graphics card

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The error code indicates, "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)". We need to reinstall the device driver manually. I suggest you to refer the steps for
    Code 28 mentioned in the article
    Error codes in Device Manager in Windows
    and see if that helps.

You can try to run NVidia Auto-Detect and see if that helps you in installing the NVidia drivers. You can run NVidia Auto-Detect from
    NVidia website. You can also check for the pending updates on the computer and install them. Please refer the section
    How do I manually update my PC? from the article
    Windows Update: FAQ

If the issue persists, I suggest you to try the steps mentioned below to install the drivers:

1. Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
    2. Right click on the NVidia driver and select
      Update Driver.
    3. Click on Browser my computer for driver software.
    4. Now, click on Let me pick from a list.
    5. Select the NVidia MX250 driver and click on
      Next.
    6. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
    7. Restart the computer once the driver is installed.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

Install Nvidia driver from USB with cmd

1. Install Nvidia driver from USB with cmd - Similar Threads - Install Nvidia driver

2. NVIDIA Drivers fail to install.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NVIDIA Drivers fail to install.: SPECS:BIOS : Up to date; A24NVIDIA GeForce GT 720M 2GB4x2 8GB Ram DDR3L@1600MHzIntel Core i7-4600U 2 Cores 4 Threads @2.10GHz - 2.70GHz466GB HDDWindows 10 Pro x64 22H2 - 19045.3086Dell Latitude E5540Hello! I was installing NVIDIA Drivers on my laptop, when i get following...
  3. NVIDIA Drivers fail to install.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NVIDIA Drivers fail to install.: SPECS:BIOS : Up to date; A24NVIDIA GeForce GT 720M 2GB4x2 8GB Ram DDR3L@1600MHzIntel Core i7-4600U 2 Cores 4 Threads @2.10GHz - 2.70GHz466GB HDDWindows 10 Pro x64 22H2 - 19045.3086Dell Latitude E5540Hello! I was installing NVIDIA Drivers on my laptop, when i get following...
  4. Disable Nvidia driver completely using CMD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Nvidia driver completely using CMD: My NVIDIA GPU got fried long ago and is no longer working. My PC is running on the default Intel Graphics driver. My PC works fine until it comes to updating windows. During any update, windows looks for the NVIDIA drivers and tries to reinstall the drivers, my PC crashes...
  5. Disable Nvidia driver completely using CMD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Nvidia driver completely using CMD: My NVIDIA GPU got fried long ago and is no longer working. My PC is running on the default Intel Graphics driver. My PC works fine until it comes to updating windows. During any update, windows looks for the NVIDIA drivers and tries to reinstall the drivers, my PC crashes...
  6. Disable Nvidia driver completely using CMD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. nVidia driver not installing

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    nVidia driver not installing: Hi, I am new in this forum. I have just registered because I am trying to work out a problem and need some help. I have recently re-installed my PC completely. It is now running on 64bit Windows 10, version 1909 (Build 18363.535). The PC includes an nVidia card GeForce GTX...
  8. nVidia driver not installing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    nVidia driver not installing: Hi, I am new in this forum. I have just registered because I am trying to work out a problem and need some help. I have recently re-installed my PC completely. It is now running on 64bit Windows 10, version 1909 (Build 18363.535). The PC includes an nVidia card GeForce GTX...
  9. USB ports dont work after nvidia drivers installed

USB ports dont work after nvidia drivers installed: Since i upgrade to windwos 10, i have problems with my usb ports, any device I plug it keeps conecting and desconecting, (mouse dont do that, it seems only high powered devices cause the problem) i need to connect a powered usb hub to use this devices, trying to figure what...
  10. Nvidia Driver Install Location?

Nvidia Driver Install Location?: Hey guys, just wondering, where am I supposed to install my Nvidia drivers? Directly in my C drive C:/Nvidia or in program files (x86)? Thanks *Smile 104725