Windows 10: Install of 2004 update freezes. Would love some help please.

Discus and support Install of 2004 update freezes. Would love some help please. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi there, My computer keeps trying to install the 2004 update but everytime the install stops (the spinning circle stops spinning) and I have to force... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by wolfhall, Nov 1, 2020.

1. wolfhall Win User

Install of 2004 update freezes. Would love some help please.

Hi there,

My computer keeps trying to install the 2004 update but everytime the install stops (the spinning circle stops spinning) and I have to force reset the computer. This reverts me back to 1909 but of course then tries to make me install again.

I used Driverview to remove any non windows drivers, didn't help.
    I have updated everything I can think of, didn't help.
    I deleted the windows update folder and stopped Cryptographic Services and Windows Update, didn't help.
    I tried installing via the upgrade assistant, didn't help.

I have included links to both the Setuperr.log and the Setupact.log.

Dropbox - setuperr.log - Simplify your life
    Dropbox - setupact.log - Simplify your life

I would really love to not have to do a clean install if I can help it. Any help is very greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

:)

wolfhall, Nov 1, 2020
  2. wt_lesny Win User

Windows Vista Wont Install Freezes?

had the same problem, freezes and long installation including each step loading, in my case a bios update helped.

wt_lesny, Nov 1, 2020
  3. Windows 10 2004 update fails to install - Memory Management?

1. Go here
    https://www.catalog.update.microsoft...px?q=KB4576751
    check on installed updates in your computer that you have the latest servicing stack for - presumably 1909

If not download and install from the catalogue link - 64based update - second on list.

2. Then try update to 2004 after complete shutdown
    Step 1: Open Start menu, select Power button.

Step 2: Press and hold the Shift key on keyboard, while clicking on Shut down, and then release the Shift key to perform a full shutdown.

OR as you may know a restart is a complete shutdown.

IF the 2004 update is offered on updates as the item - feature update to 2004 when you are ready etc.
    The make sure beforte you click that - that you have clicked search for updates and install all - before trying 2004.

If that does not work clean boot it and then try the update
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...oot-in-windows
    please follow the instructions carefully

Macboatmaster, Nov 1, 2020
  4. blzmn Win User

2004 update windows 10 error 0x80070002

Hello everyone,

thanks to some of the suggestions here and to some from other sources I have managed to fix the 0x80070002 error breaking up my feature update to 2004.

For completeness' sake and since it may help others, the following steps worked for me.

1. Download Media Creation Tool from Microsoft's official website
    2. Create a bootable USB drive with the MCT
    3. Boot up from this USB Drive
    4. Choose install settings, click 'Next', but on the next screen select "Repair your computer" instead of "Install"
    5. Choose "Troubleshoot" -> "Startup Repair" and let it finish
    6. Restart into Windows and attempt the usual Windows update
    It looks like the BCD on my computer had been damaged by the boot loader (Windows 10 + Recovery partition) and running the "Startup Repair" from the installation USB Drive corrected the errors.

blzmn, Nov 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Install of 2004 update freezes. Would love some help please. - Similar Threads - Install 2004 update

2. İnstallation process some errors please help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    İnstallation process some errors please help: Hello, an error occurred while resetting the system in the evening. I installed the updated version of Windows 10 on my USB drive and while the installation was starting, I received an error. Windows Cannot Install Required Files. Make sure all the files required for...
  3. Please some help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please some help: INSPIRON A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. BAD SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps: Check to make...
  4. Please some help

Please some help: INSPIRON A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. BAD SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps: Check to make...
  5. Some help please

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some help please: I am running Windows Server 2019 Standard Evaluation version, I have 12 gig of installed RAM but the OS is saying that I have only 2.8 available and 1.1 in use. My motherboard is very old, it is a MSI 970A-G43 I am running the latest firmware. Any ideas on why this is...
  6. Some help please

Some help please: I am running Windows Server 2019 Standard Evaluation version, I have 12 gig of installed RAM but the OS is saying that I have only 2.8 available and 1.1 in use. My motherboard is very old, it is a MSI 970A-G43 I am running the latest firmware. Any ideas on why this is...
  7. I'm a little frustrated at the moment I would love some feedback.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'm a little frustrated at the moment I would love some feedback.: On my desktop PC, I try to keep it up to date and running okay. However, I noticed that my computer will no longer play videos inside of windows properly. Instead, I either end up with a black screen with the audio or in the case of one video playing app (VLC) a white screen...
  8. Disk 100 PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD HELP ME

Disk 100 PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD HELP ME: I've read hundreds of disk 100 posts. I've tried everything. Absolutely everything. My laptop grinds to a halt all the time even when literally nothing is running and I get severe stuttering in game. There is no concievable way that my entire disk's capacity is being used, it...
  9. I would love if some Windows 10 experts could chime in with their insights....

I would love if some Windows 10 experts could chime in with their insights....: submitted by /u/varietist_department [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/esspvy/i_would_love_if_some_windows_10_experts_could/
  10. For the love.. please help me..

For the love.. please help me..: So.. recent update to 1909, now whenever I use "Save As" (Chrome, Edge Beta, FireFox: FWIW "Edge" seems unaffected) and use the explorer window to change my file location; my fucking keyboard inputs are random.. like.. spacebar="f" c="h".. I've been asking the ole internets...