Windows 10: install of leaked 10147

Discus and support install of leaked 10147 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Just as the title states; whats the best way to try and do a clean install of this leaked iso without doing away with my current files, pics, etc that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Matt Siegel, Jun 20, 2015.

1. install of leaked 10147

Just as the title states; whats the best way to try and do a clean install of this leaked iso without doing away with my current files, pics, etc that are currently on my hd. Ive tried a few different ways some people have already suggessted to no avail. because i either keep getting error messages or something else keeps happening.

:)

Matt Siegel, Jun 20, 2015

2. critical Windows 10 driver support

Before that, i wanted to know whether win 10147 build which leaked out recently be a good idea ?

Any compability issues ?

SasukeUchiha2015#rising, Jun 20, 2015
  3. Error code: 0xC004C003 when using the CDkey provided in the Insdier Webportal

The product keys have changed for builds 10147 and later.

Windows 10 Home Insider Preview build 10147:
    KTNPV-KTRK4-3RRR8-39X6W-W44T3

Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview build 10147:
    8N67H-M3CY9-QT7C4-2TR7M-TXYCV

Windows 10 Enterprise Insider Preview build 10147:
    CKFK9-QNGF2-D34FM-99QX2-8XC4K

Both to install and activate.

Andre Da Costa, Jun 20, 2015
  4. badrobot Win User

install of leaked 10147

Clean install is always destructive. That means you will have to wipe out your hard drive (doing away with all your files) and install a new OS on a newly formatted partition. What you can only do is to upgrade your build.
    Copy the ISO to your desktop, right-click and select "Mount". Then a window will pop-up and double-click "Setup.exe" to upgrade your build.

install of leaked 10147 [​IMG]

You may want to skip the updates when asked:

Then 10147 will be installed on your PC without affecting your files.

badrobot, Jun 20, 2015
  5. Well i just tried copying it to the desktop and then right clicked on it and there is no mount command listed. I think bunny told me to download the 10147 from a torrent site which i did but then i could not get it to give me the setup file for 10147. Who can tell me where to go from here? I believe what i do need also is a link to a functioning and working version of 10147 to download and try and install and i would appreciate if someone could provide me with a link to such.

6. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

First BACKUP your previous OS )take an image) so if you want to restore -- then it will only take about 15 mins to recover your previous OS.

Now to CLEAN INSTALL the ISO you'll need to boot it from an external device -- My advice here would be to use RUFUS to create a bootable USB stick from the ISO - boot it and then install.

Rufus - Create bootable USB drives the easy way

For build 10147 my advice would be to go for a CLEAN install rather than an upgrade.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jun 20, 2015
  7. badrobot Win User
    Is it an ISO image file?

badrobot, Jun 20, 2015
  8. badrobot Win User

install of leaked 10147

The OP wants to keep his files. The only option is to do an upgrade. But very good point about making a backup.

badrobot, Jun 20, 2015
  9. badrobot Win User
    @Matt Siegel , it's probably an issue with file association with your Windows Explorer. Try this:

To reestablish native ISO support:

1) Right-click any ISO file and under the "Open with" option select Windows Explorer.

2) If it doesn't show up on the drop down list, click on "Choose the default program" and look for Windows Explorer (default path is C:\Windows\explorer.exe).

3) Apply the changes and native ISO mounting should be back.

badrobot, Jun 20, 2015
  10. asiaexpat Win User
    can i use that method to install a second copy of win 10--ie install to a different partition for dual boot

asiaexpat, Jun 20, 2015
  11. BunnyJ New Member
    Check you PM..
    Jeff

BunnyJ, Jun 20, 2015
  12. Well i tried to re-establish iso mounting but it said "cannot associate file type with this program". And i tried to download the iso from the 2 links but the first one said its unavailable and the google link said too many people have accessed the file and to try again later.

13. install of leaked 10147

nevermind the above about the iso. I finally got it to download.

14. genet Win User
    Right click on the Windows 10 ISO image file and choose either Mount or Open with -> Windows Explorer. Open the sources folder first and run the setup (setup.exe) file inside the sources folder (see screenshot below).

NOTE: Please do not run the setup (setup.exe) file in the root directory.

NOTE: Click on the Custom: Install Windows only (advanced) option (see screenshot below).

NOTE: Unallocated space is not visible on the Where do you want to install Windows? screen.

Select the empty partition that you've created. Click on the "Next" button. The installation of Windows 10 will begin.

edit:

Please note that a new Windows 10 installation does not have a drive letter C: (see screenshot below).

genet, Jun 20, 2015
  15. badrobot Win User
    If you do this method, you may be asked for a key and you need to put this in: NJ4MX-VQQ7Q-FP3DB-VDGHX-7XM87

badrobot, Jun 20, 2015
Thema:

install of leaked 10147

1. install of leaked 10147 - Similar Threads - install leaked 10147

2. Memory leak?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Memory leak?: Hello. As the title states, my pc idles at around 2gb (mostly 1,8-1,9gb). Tried resetting, updating windows, drivers , nothing helps. What could be the issue? Edit1: Opening discord adds another 1 GB. Opening league of legends adds 2 GBs. (Game runs on very low capped on 60...
  3. Memory leak

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Memory leak: Since long, i don't know long... i have been having high memory usage on my computer, from version 1909 to 2004. I can't see any process with high usage on Task Manager, so I searched and searched for the solution and tried the basic solution, Disable Superfetch (SysMain),...
  4. is this memory leak?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    is this memory leak?: [ATTACH] Please see my paged pool and non paged pool. This is the screenshot after I restarted my laptop and directly go to the task manager to see memory. and i found this. Is this possible? And then I download media creation from Microsoft and reinstall the window but...
  5. current leaked build 9901 will not install on vmware

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    current leaked build 9901 will not install on vmware: Hi there I think people who want to try the leaked build 9901 on a VM will be disappointed -- attempting to install from the ISO on either WKS 10.0.4 or WKS 11 causes message at boot --error in virtual CPU caused the VM to fail. (VMware workstation -- same in vmplayer)....
  6. Camera closes immediately in build 10147

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera closes immediately in build 10147: When I open camera it closes immediately closes. Stays open about one second. Anyone else having same symptoms? 7245
  7. windows 10 10147 - Atheros Qualcom WiFi drops

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 10147 - Atheros Qualcom WiFi drops: hy, i have question about 10147 release. does anyone else have WiFi drops? it happens like 5-10 times a day. usualy when i search for windows updates(maybe a coincidence?) or when i reboot the pc. then i troubleshooted a bit, i figured out that WLAN autoconfig service stops...
  8. Testing 10162 Installer: One critical error and the same of 10147

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Testing 10162 Installer: One critical error and the same of 10147: The 162 release gave me exactly the same error of 10147 Installer: Critical Error/Start menu and Cortana aren't working. We'll try to fix it next time you sign in. Sign out now. Harder to get rid of that no end loop in 162. Shut down and taking out the installer device is the...
  9. 10147 to 10158 Rufus 2.2 Fresh install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    10147 to 10158 Rufus 2.2 Fresh install: Create a bootable flash drive using Rufus 2.2. Download 10158 Pro x64 under 10147 using µTorrent free trial. Having problems to register... Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview build 10158 product key: 8N67H-M3CY9-QT7C4-2TR7M-TXYCV 7600
  10. Windows 10 Build 10147 x64 ISO has leaked

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 10147 x64 ISO has leaked: Just leaked about a half hour ago, apparently. Links are pretty scarce at the moment. It's from the fbl_impressive lab, so I'm wondering if it's going to be the next public build. 10147.0.150613-1600.FBL_IMPRESSIVE_CLIENTPRO-CORE_OEMRET_X64FRE_EN-US.ISO [img] Tip...