Windows 10: Install old computer on new computer

Discus and support Install old computer on new computer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an HP LaserJet 1018 printer. There is no driver for Windows 10. This printer was installed on my Windows 7 laptop when I upgraded to Window... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EdBrennan1, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Install old computer on new computer

I have an HP LaserJet 1018 printer. There is no driver for Windows 10. This printer was installed on my Windows 7 laptop when I upgraded to Window 10. After the upgrade, the printer still worked fine. I now have a new Windows 10 laptop and I would like to be able to use the printer with the new laptop. I copied the printer driver files from my old laptop to my new laptop. The printer installed on my new laptop, but I'm not able to print. The printer is in error state.

:)

EdBrennan1, Dec 22, 2018
  2. Kreij Win User

Old HP computer...Will Vista install/run?

If it's not your own business here is my suggestion.

1) Tell him it's not viable and charge him $200
    2) Move up here to WI
    3) Start a business with me doing network installations
    4) We make enough money to take vacations to the Caribbean when we want.
    5) We send the people with computer problems to Geek Squad and still charge them for our "assessment" time.
    6) We have regular Board of Director meeting that involve copious amounts of beer and Prime Rib.
    7) Repeat steps 4 through 6 until we only have to do steps 4 and 6

Sound good? *Wink Install old computer on new computer ;)

Kreij, Dec 22, 2018
  3. tater Win User
    Need ideas for new computer

if this is an upgrade computer... then i wouldnt suggest buying new ones and wasting $200-$300 on new ones.., especially if all the old stuff works fine

tater, Dec 22, 2018
  4. Install old computer on new computer

Old HD new Computer?

If you use a old hard drive with files and whatnot on it from a old computer and use it in a new build will the files still be saved or will the setup process wipe them out or how dose that work? Will a personal copy of windows need to be bought if it was just a factory install setup on the old hard drive?

Thanks for any help im still new to building, have done one for myself with no probs but a friend is asking for help with building a new computer with some of his old parts from one that broke. Any info is really appreicated *Toast :toast:

WarriorPoet, Dec 22, 2018
Thema:

Install old computer on new computer

1. Install old computer on new computer - Similar Threads - Install old computer

2. My Old computer to a Brand new computer

in Windows 10 Support
    My Old computer to a Brand new computer: I have been running a HP Pavilion P7-1410 with operating version Windows 8.1. 6.3 I went out and bought a New HP Pavilion Both are desktops TP01-0165z operating version Windows 10 version number not sure haven't even hooked it up yet completely brand new.. I also have...
  3. migrating from old computer to new computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    migrating from old computer to new computer: I used zinstall to migrate. It took many hours to migrate and when it was done the new computer had a new name and the new user account only had 4 items in it. I looked around and found the old user account along with partial copies of the old user. What I want to know is how...
  4. Installing old data drive in new computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Installing old data drive in new computer: My current laptop has two SSD drives both SATA interface. The C: drive for operating system and programs and a D: drive for all my data. In a few days, I'll be receiving my new HP laptop. It comes with an M2 SSD 512GB and a 1TB HDD SATA interface. I plan on using the new...
  5. New Computer took over old computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    New Computer took over old computer: New Computer took over old computer, I should Not be administrator on that computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-computer-took-over-old-computer/000e4fb9-2eae-418f-8ee0-566a566dafe1"
  6. installing old hard drive in new computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    installing old hard drive in new computer: I have an old hard dive from a laptop that was driven over in traffic. I bought a hard drive less exact replacement computer. I put the old drive in and it all works but now have an unlicensed copy of windows 10 pro....
  7. Can I install an old hard drive from an old computer on a new computer?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can I install an old hard drive from an old computer on a new computer?: I have a 640 GB HDD from my old computer and would like to know if I can install it on my new desktop without issues. The connections match but not sure if the new computer will try and booth-up from the old hard drive. the new computer is running Window 10. Can anyone let...
  8. new / old computer

in Windows 10 Support
    new / old computer: A friend found it on the shelf and gave it to me (ex hubby's) while it was bought used , it hadn't even been Activated . She couldn't find the adapter but that wasn't a problem, I have a couple of adapters that worked. (She's and Apple and penguin fan) It hadn't been...
  9. Migration from old computer to new computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Migration from old computer to new computer: My old computer is dying and I am about to buy a new one. I am a 73 year old disabled vet with difficulties and I need a migration program that will transfer everything for me. I understand they will not transfer security programs. I prefer to move everything from the old...
  10. New monitor, old computer?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    New monitor, old computer?: I have an older computer that I haven't updated in a long time. I recently bought a monitor that connects to the computer via DisplayPort or an HDMI. Plugged the DisplayPort cable into the computer and the monitor says no input connected. My guess is the video card is...