Windows 10: Install old PC games

Discus and support Install old PC games in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi there, I just wanna to install old PC games on Win10 OS. But CD plater does not run, setting was display CD icon and drivers were going well. CD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TerryNguyen5, Feb 26, 2021.

1. Install old PC games

Hi there,

I just wanna to install old PC games on Win10 OS. But CD plater does not run, setting was display CD icon and drivers were going well.

CD player light on and run but no signal few seconds turn off and eject. Start doesn't work, setup too.

I tried on property and click to change region 4 video but it does not let me change.

Does it make all files would not displaying on "files explorer"

The PC game run on win2000/XP.

Please tell me how to run it compatibles.

Thanks

Terry

:)

TerryNguyen5, Feb 26, 2021

2. Wanting to run old games

Hi Jameson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check the compatibility of the game with Windows 10.

Explore Windows 10 OS, Computers, Apps, & More | Microsoft

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Feb 26, 2021
  3. installing a game

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the steps given below and check if the issue persists:

Step 1:

I suggest you to right click on the game and try to run as administrator and check.

Step 2: if that doesn't help I suggest you to install game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, Feb 26, 2021
  4. Install old PC games

Unlink an old android phone from my pc

I go thru the suggested steps: Start - Settings - Phone - Unlink this PC.

When I first open the "your phone" screen the old phone is listed. Not sure if the phone listed is suppose to be selectable or not, but my is not. When I select "Unlink this PC" the phone listed is removed. When I select "Add Phone" the old phone still
    shows. I have removed the old phone from my Microsoft Account. I have rebooted after unlink this pc but I still cannot remove my old phone.

LostSailorPO1, Feb 26, 2021
Thema:

Install old PC games

1. Install old PC games - Similar Threads - Install old games

2. Old game installs but will not launch?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old game installs but will not launch?: I recently bought a new laptop with Windows 11 installed. I have an old game that I installed with a external disk drive, Aoe3. When I first installed it it installed perfectly fine and the game launched. In the meantime I ordered the expansions. Before they arrived my...
  3. Old game installs but will not launch?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Old game installs but will not launch?: I recently bought a new laptop with Windows 11 installed. I have an old game that I installed with a external disk drive, Aoe3. When I first installed it it installed perfectly fine and the game launched. In the meantime I ordered the expansions. Before they arrived my...
  4. A month old pc and games are crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A month old pc and games are crashing: I've only had this issue for like 1-2 weeks and I'm not quite sure the reason behind it.It can be pretty severe sometimes like when I play days gone and valheim on steam it crashes 0-10 minutes after loading up but it can also be an occasional crash every few hours on...
  5. Old pc games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old pc games: Hello, I wanted to know if it is possible to play and older pc game I loved in the past. The game is Medal of Honor and I believe it is a windows xp game. I am currently running windows 10 and it won't install on my pc. Is it possible or is my old game now a coaster?? Thx for...
  6. installing an old game CD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    installing an old game CD: I have an older game CD that I would like to install on my computer that has windows 10. I insert the disk and click install when the options screen comes up but it will not install?? Any help is appreciated. It works fine on other computers....
  7. old pc games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    old pc games: cant get links 2001 to install https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-pc-games/30209469-0235-4fc8-9871-0008c098e06b
  8. Tried installing old PC games and they won't run

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Tried installing old PC games and they won't run: I tried installing Star Trek: Armada, Hoyle Word Games, and Star Trek: Starship Creator. Armada and HWG didn't open at all, and Starship Creator did, but only half the functionality was there. I was also planning on RollerCoaster Tycoon (the original), and Hoyle Board Games,...
  9. Trouble installing old game to new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble installing old game to new PC: I know it can be tricky to install a very old game to a new PC, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, but I'm hoping to install a game that I used to play when I was young and I know my niece will enjoy playing it too, its a game called Hidden Pictures Workshop, I...
  10. Trouble installing old game to new PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Trouble installing old game to new PC: I know it can be tricky to install a very old game to a new PC, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, but I'm hoping to install a game that I used to play when I was young and I know my niece will enjoy playing it too, its a game called Hidden Pictures Workshop, I...