Windows 10: Install Old Printer Drivers

Discus and support Install Old Printer Drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an old Canon MF3240 Multifunction Laser Printer. I have installed this printer on a Windows 10 Machine in the past. This is a USB connected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TV2, Mar 17, 2019.

1. TV2
    TV2 Win User

Install Old Printer Drivers

I have an old Canon MF3240 Multifunction Laser Printer. I have installed this printer on a Windows 10 Machine in the past. This is a USB connected installation.

The most recent drivers for this printer were for Windows 8. The driver files are in a folder. There is no installer program or exe to run. Normally I will plug in the printer, it will be unrecognized by Windows. I go into Device Manager > Properties > Update Driver > Search for drivers on my PC > Pick the folder > Next, and the printer will install - Printer, Scanner, Fax.

On this new Windows 10 Pro 1809 install I do the same thing and it works, except it only installs the scanner. It does not install the printer of fax drivers.

I tried deleting the scanner and fax .cab files from the folder, but it won't install at all that way.

I tried installing the printer from the old W10 PC it is still installed on, hoping it would find those drivers and install that way but no joy.

I'm out of ideas here. Any help?

:)

2. "No printers have been installed" after the HP Printers were installed with windows 10 approved drivers

Hi,

Thank

you for your reply. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will certainly help you with this. I suggest you to try running Windows app troubleshooter and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to try running Printer troubleshooter and check if it fixes the issue. To do so kindly follow the below given steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Printer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Method 2:

This issue may arise due to printer’s driver incompatibility with Windows 10. I suggest you to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if it helps.
    To do so kindly follow the below given steps:

• Right click on printer’s driver that you have downloaded from manufacturer website.
    • Click/tap on Properties.
    • Check the Run this program in Compatibility mode for under
      Compatibility tab
    • Select Windows 8.1/8 from the drop down under
      Compatibility mode section.
    • Click on Apply and Ok.
    • Install the drivers, restart PC and check if issue is resolved.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Mar 17, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Virtual Pdf Printer Driver Won't install and Fixes won't work

You might be able, if needed, to get the old version, here at oldapps web site (disclaimer: I do not vouch for this site... check any and downloads with your fav malware/antivirus apps): Old Version of PrimoPDF for Windows XP

PrimoPDF forums are down it seems... however, I found this at PCReview forums, quote from "Unable to Install "Software" Printers":

Same solution on MSDN thread, "cannot install printer driver in XP Embedded":

95Viper, Mar 17, 2019
  4. mikek75 Win User

epson printer driver not installing

My Epson R300 was detected automatically by W7, didn't need to install any extra drivers, W7 had them already (although that may be because its an old printer, depends how new yours is). I'd try removing the epson software, plugging in the printer and uninstall through Device Manager (selecting remove software). Reboot and see if its useable then.

mikek75, Mar 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Install Old Printer Drivers - Similar Threads - Install Old Printer

2. Trouble with HP Printer and old printer installs/drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble with HP Printer and old printer installs/drivers: Recently moved houses and moved router but did not change WIFI name or Password. Printer had issues printing so I removed and reinstalled in the HP app and Windows App. Had to do this multiple times to get it to work but now I have multiple instances of the same Printer...
  3. Trouble with HP Printer and old printer installs/drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble with HP Printer and old printer installs/drivers: Recently moved houses and moved router but did not change WIFI name or Password. Printer had issues printing so I removed and reinstalled in the HP app and Windows App. Had to do this multiple times to get it to work but now I have multiple instances of the same Printer...
  4. Unable to remove old printer drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to remove old printer drivers: Under Windows 10 I am unable to remove printer drivers for on old printer the Epson XP810. The device is not there to remove under "printers and scanners". There are not apps to remove for this printer.How can I remove the XP810 drivers?...
  5. Unable to remove old printer drivers

Unable to remove old printer drivers: Under Windows 10 I am unable to remove printer drivers for on old printer the Epson XP810. The device is not there to remove under "printers and scanners". There are not apps to remove for this printer.How can I remove the XP810 drivers?...
  6. Unable to remove old printer drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Printer Driver Not Installing

Printer Driver Not Installing: Printer Driver Not InstallingHi, I have Recently Updated to Windows . I Have Some Trouble while Installing HP LaserJet MFP 1136 LaserJet Printer Driver.12 I Have Downloaded The Driver Software from This Website and As I am Proceeding My Installation, The Setup Shows Me That...
  8. Printer Driver Not Installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer Driver Not Installing: Hi, I have Recently Updated to Windows 11 and I Have Some Trouble while Installing HP MFP 1136 LaserJet Printer Driver. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-driver-not-installing/c73efda4-d3b1-4f80-a3d0-845f56f63d05
  9. Printer Driver Installation

Printer Driver Installation: I'm trying to add my new Windows 10 desktop computer to my Canon printer that is currently used by my other computers at home through Wi-Fi. When I tried to install the printer driver, I received an error message "A port with the same name already exists. Change the port...
  10. Old Printer Driver Won't Uninstall

Old Printer Driver Won't Uninstall: Hey guys, so every time I've been restarting my computer for the last few months after updating to windows 10, there is an old HP Printer driver that has been trying to update. However, it has never done so successfully and it adds an extra 10-15 minutes to my restart time...