Windows 10: Install on 8.1 from ISO?

Discus and support Install on 8.1 from ISO? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; As I said previously, it says Microsoft Windows Version 6.3 (Build 9600) (c) 2013 Microsoft Corp. When I run it under Win 10 I get: [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by lvdave, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Ztruker Win User

Install on 8.1 from ISO?

When I run it under Win 10 I get:

Install on 8.1 from ISO? [​IMG]

Note the line after the @Copyright statement. Mine says "The Windows 10 Pro operating system". What does yours say there?

What I'm trying to find out is do you have Win 8.1, 8.1 N, Pro or Pro N?

Ztruker, Jul 29, 2015
  2. lvdave Win User

That says "Windows 8.1 Pro N"

lvdave, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Ztruker Win User
    Then you need to download Windows 10 Pro N. That's why it's asking for a key.

Ztruker, Jul 29, 2015
  4. lvdave Win User

Install on 8.1 from ISO?

Hmm.. will check but I don't recall seeing an ISO for N...

UPDATE: Sure enough, theres the N version, downloaded it and problem solved...

Thanks all!!!

Dave

lvdave, Jul 29, 2015
  5. bobkn Win User
    Windows 10 Pro N is one of the options for the Media Creation tool.

bobkn, Jul 29, 2015
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Great going Dave. Feels good once it's installed !!!

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Install on 8.1 from ISO?

1. Install on 8.1 from ISO? - Similar Threads - Install ISO

2. windows 10 installation on new pc from ISO without a media creation tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 installation on new pc from ISO without a media creation tool: can I do the install without the media creation download as I already have the ISO. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-installation-on-new-pc-from-iso-without/ea3d2317-3c14-41d2-9582-84747c453568
  3. windows 10 installation on new pc from ISO without a media creation tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 installation on new pc from ISO without a media creation tool: can I do the install without the media creation download as I already have the ISO. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-installation-on-new-pc-from-iso-without/ea3d2317-3c14-41d2-9582-84747c453568
  4. windows 10 installation on new pc from ISO without a media creation tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can I install a new SSD Windows Home Premium using ISO as a replacement for installation disc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I install a new SSD Windows Home Premium using ISO as a replacement for installation disc?: Can I install a new SSD Windows Home Premium using ISO as a replacement for installation disc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-install-a-new-ssd-windows-home-premium-using/c1609ff5-6fc7-4367-9fde-644e17bf7d7f
  6. Can I install a new SSD Windows Home Premium using ISO as a replacement for installation disc?

Can I install a new SSD Windows Home Premium using ISO as a replacement for installation disc?: Can I install a new SSD Windows Home Premium using ISO as a replacement for installation disc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-install-a-new-ssd-windows-home-premium-using/c1609ff5-6fc7-4367-9fde-644e17bf7d7f
  7. Clean Install with ISO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clean Install with ISO: A quick question. When I download the ISO File to clean install Windows 11, do I just mount it on the C: drive, which drive will be wiped clean and the fresh install of Windows 11 installed?I see some vides suggesting to create a partition but if I do not have to, then I will...
  8. Clean Install with ISO

Clean Install with ISO: A quick question. When I download the ISO File to clean install Windows 11, do I just mount it on the C: drive, which drive will be wiped clean and the fresh install of Windows 11 installed?I see some vides suggesting to create a partition but if I do not have to, then I will...
  9. I can't install Windows 10 ISO file on my Mac or in literally any other device I own

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't install Windows 10 ISO file on my Mac or in literally any other device I own: In the past, I've installed the Windows 10 ISO file from the official website without any trouble and did so multiple times in order to then use BootCamp and make disc partitions. But now, every time I try to access it and request to install it this error message appears: We...
  10. I can't install Windows 10 ISO file on my Mac or in literally any other device I own

I can't install Windows 10 ISO file on my Mac or in literally any other device I own: In the past, I've installed the Windows 10 ISO file from the official website without any trouble and did so multiple times in order to then use BootCamp and make disc partitions. But now, every time I try to access it and request to install it this error message appears: We...