Windows 10: Install on a different partition

Discus and support Install on a different partition in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have made the Windows 10 UPGRADE, and now I want to make a clean install but on a different partition, will it still recognize it as the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by flexo, Jun 4, 2016.

1. flexo Win User

Install on a different partition

Hi, I have made the Windows 10 UPGRADE, and now I want to make a clean install but on a different partition, will it still recognize it as the same computer or will it ask for a new Product-Key?

:)

flexo, Jun 4, 2016

2. different partition for installing programs

Hi ,

We would like to assist you with this concern, however, this issue is beyond the scope of this forum, It's best that you post your concern in
    TechNet
    forums
    for advanced assistance regarding your query.

Regards.

Monica Cam, Jun 4, 2016
  3. different partition for installing programs

how i could make a different partition non the one which operating system installed on is the default one for installing programs

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

CivilMostafa, Jun 4, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Probably both. It will recognize it as the same computer and, unless there is a Windows 10 or Windows 8 product key stored in bios, it will as for a product key. You click "I don't have a product key", "skip" or "do this later" if it asks for a product key.

NavyLCDR, Jun 4, 2016
Thema:

1. Install on a different partition - Similar Threads - Install different partition

2. Difference between different partitions ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Difference between different partitions ?: Need some answers. Please help.What is the difference between Physical and Logical partition in Windows ?Is it possible to create a Physical partition in laptops where the Windows is OEM installed , like HP laptops ?Why does the warranty void if a Physical partition created...
  3. Difference between different partitions ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Difference between different partitions ?: Need some answers. Please help.What is the difference between Physical and Logical partition in Windows ?Is it possible to create a Physical partition in laptops where the Windows is OEM installed , like HP laptops ?Why does the warranty void if a Physical partition created...
  4. Restore to Different Partition using EaseUS 12.8

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore to Different Partition using EaseUS 12.8: I have dual boot Win10A/Win10B systems on the same disk, different partitions. I have a full backup of the Win10A partition that I want to restore to Win10B partition for the purpose of troubleshooting. However, when I go to "Restore to . . ." I am only given the option to...
  5. Disk Partitions different in Win10 and Win8.1 ???

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk Partitions different in Win10 and Win8.1 ???: So here's the thing. I have an SSD which I have removed from one laptop (it's running Win8.1Pro) and connected it through a USB caddy to my other laptop (running Win10Pro 1909) so that I can move some data around. To do this I shrink the "C" partition on the SSD and create...
  6. 3 installations with different hidden partitions layout

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    3 installations with different hidden partitions layout: so i have 3 laptops running windows 10 pro each were setup using a different build on purchase , they were later upgraded up till all reached windows build 1903 , i just noticed that each have a different partition layout though . one has no hidden partitions what so ever ....
  7. What is the difference between a system partition and a boot partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What is the difference between a system partition and a boot partition: Why does my hard disk have a 500 megabytes unnamed active partition and and a normal 150 gigabytes boot partition as the C:\ Drive? I had thought that active, boot and system partitions were one and the same. 126832
  8. What is the difference between a system partition and a boot partition

in Windows 10 Support
    What is the difference between a system partition and a boot partition: Why does my hard disk have a 500 megabytes unnamed active partition and and a normal 150 gigabytes boot partition as the C:\ Drive? I had thought that active, boot and system partitions were one and the same. 126832
  9. Different installs - different user names

in Windows 10 Support
    Different installs - different user names: Over time I had a few retail licenses for Windows 7(seven) Pro and one Windows 10 x64 retail. In the Windows Explorer->Help->About, they show different users under licensed to. One old (blabla at hotmail) and one new (blabla at outlook.com) They are both correct. I don't...
  10. Partitions are Different and Weird!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Partitions are Different and Weird!: I am running 1703, there was a big update the other day, and now I see the screen below. It's confusing, weird, and I'd like to change it but am worried about wrecking the system. Disks 2-4 are locked up - I can't assign USB drives unless I use disk 5. Very strange. Any...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. installing windows on different partition