Windows 10: "Install on my devices" feature doesn't show any of my devices

Discus and support "Install on my devices" feature doesn't show any of my devices in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi. When I try to push an install to my pc or xbox I don't get any of my devices listed. What can I do? Thanks [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Pawer 8, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Pawer 8 Win User

"Install on my devices" feature doesn't show any of my devices

Hi.

When I try to push an install to my pc or xbox I don't get any of my devices listed.

What can I do?

Thanks

"Install on my devices" feature doesn't show any of my devices f576cb4d-11c1-4c7d-bcf3-f5eec99c4a44?upload=true.jpg

:)

Pawer 8, Sep 4, 2019

2. Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices

When you connect a plug and play device, Windows Plug and Play manager detects it, finds and installs the driver. Device Manager lists the device with a solid icon.

The driver is only removed when you uninstall the device, not simply by disconnecting the device. When the device is disconnected, its driver is still installed. By default, Device Manager only displays connected devices. When you show hidden devices, note the Bluetooth icon you see is semi-transparent (not opaque). That indicates a "non-present" device. Sometimes also called a "ghost" device. The driver is still installed but the device is not currently detected (i.e. not connected).

Device can be disconnected when
    • Device unplugged (e.g. removing a USB device)
    • Turning a device OFF
    • Disabling the device in BIOS (then windows won't detect it) or
    • Device failure

So
    • Check BIOS as suggested
    • Check board connections
    • Can b/t be turned off by a switch? or keyboard combination?
    Also possible the b/t h/w failed

ComputerGeek, Sep 4, 2019
  3. mikek75 Win User
    Modem on HD Audio device not installed....

I just bought a Toshiba Equiem P200D 139 lappy which came with Vista. Having spent a couple of days with it its obvious that Vista is a bit too much for it (or maybe it was the pre-installed bloat...), so I've installed XP Pro on it. So far so good, its much more responsive now, and I've found most of the drivers for it (a bit of a chore since Toshiba don't list any XP drivers!!).

Device Manager only shows one remaining triangle, beside Modem on HD Audio device, and I just can't find a driver for it! Tried right clicking and update driver, which worked for a few devices, but this one obstinately refuses to work. Any ideas?*Bang Head :banghead:

mikek75, Sep 4, 2019
  4. Flava0ne Win User

My Devices and Printers Window Doesn't Show Anything

Thanks, the theme I have is custom but you don't need to install something like WindowsBlinds or anything like that. You just place the theme in C:\Windows\Resources\Themes then right-click anywhere on your desktop, select Personalize and it'll be there to select. For more info check out this link the wallpaper that you see on my desktop however was made by yours truely!

As for my problem, it doesn't just sit there and do nothing when I said it takes forever. More like, I can get a little snack to eat and finish it before the task bar reaches full when it's trying to open the Devices and Printers window. And even after the task bar reaches full, the Control Panel just sits there and doesn't even open up the Devices and Printers window. The exact same think happens when I just click on Devices and Printers one more time to force the window open and click on Refresh.

I do have Battlefield 2142 and GTA IV installed on my system, and I also have Alcohol 120% installed and I made an image copy of my BF2142 disc with it and in order for me to be able to run the image on the virtual drive without getting errors, I would have to run Alcohol 120% SafeDisc and SecuROM Cloaking in the background. But I've tried opening the Devices and Printers window with it disabled but it doesn't seem to be any different, still hanging and not showing up anything.

The only Windows enhancing programs I have installed is Piriform CCleaner and Revo Uninstaller, and both have the options to clean my registry, which I have once or twice already.

As for UAC, it's already turned off completely because I turned it off when I initially installed Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. But I'll try a search on Google for Catch 22 init like how you suggested and will update this post with my results.

EDIT: One of the members over at the Windows 7 Forums suggested for me to Start the Bluetooth Support Service in services.msc and set it to Automatic and it works!!! I can now see all my devices in the Devices and Printers window! *Big Grin "Install on my devices" feature doesn't show any of my devices :D

"Install on my devices" feature doesn't show any of my devices [​IMG]

Flava0ne, Sep 4, 2019
Thema:

1. "Install on my devices" feature doesn't show any of my devices - Similar Threads - Install devices feature

2. Bluetooth is not connect with device and not show any device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth is not connect with device and not show any device: i was trying but still my device is not connected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-is-not-connect-with-device-and-not-show/46a75e60-4fd2-47c1-9a6a-f9551feff9b4
  3. Bluetooth is not connect with device and not show any device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth is not connect with device and not show any device: i was trying but still my device is not connected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-is-not-connect-with-device-and-not-show/46a75e60-4fd2-47c1-9a6a-f9551feff9b4
  4. Bluetooth is not connect with device and not show any device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Find My Device Feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Find My Device Feature: Q1. If Find my device Featire is of on window 11 can still the Laptop be Traced?Q2. How can I Install fresh window, but in case I want to revert back to original window given by the manufacturer free at the time of Purchase How can I use that window? Is there wat because when...
  6. Find My Device Feature

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Find My Device Feature: Q1. If Find my device Featire is of on window 11 can still the Laptop be Traced?Q2. How can I Install fresh window, but in case I want to revert back to original window given by the manufacturer free at the time of Purchase How can I use that window? Is there wat because when...
  7. My sculpt keyboard doesn't work: doesn't show up as a device

My sculpt keyboard doesn't work: doesn't show up as a device: My sculpt keyboard suddenly stopped sending signal after I gently wiped the dust off it. It was working, and after dusting it stopped. The receiving dongle is detected, but no keyboard shows up in the device list. I don't see a pairing button nor a power switch for it....
  8. windos store saya to instal on my device but want show my device

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    windos store saya to instal on my device but want show my device: winedos store says to install on my device but it want show my device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windos-store-saya-to-instal-on-my-device-but-want/ef51ad14-920d-4116-a276-0c201fd37fe4
  9. My Amazon Tap device doesn't show up in the devices list

My Amazon Tap device doesn't show up in the devices list: Hi whenever I try to connect my Amazon Tap device through bluetooth service It couldn't pair and the Tab message advises me to forget the device from the list 1st and then try to connect again. unfortunately I couldn't either find the device name in the list of bluetooth...
  10. Using Install on my devices feature of Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 News
    Using Install on my devices feature of Microsoft Store: [ATTACH] If you use an Android phone, you must know that you have an ability to install any apps from the Google Play Store to your Android device directly from the webpage of Google Play on your PC. Well, Microsoft is [...] This post Using Install on my devices feature of...