Windows 10: Install optional feature updates automatically

Discus and support Install optional feature updates automatically in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is there a way I can force the Windows 10 to fully automatically download and install optional feature updates like 20H2 as soon as they are out?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Vinderguy, Nov 9, 2020.

1. Install optional feature updates automatically

Is there a way I can force the Windows 10 to fully automatically download and install optional feature updates like 20H2 as soon as they are out?

submitted by /u/Vinderguy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Vinderguy, Nov 9, 2020

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Nov 9, 2020
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Install optional feature updates automatically :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Nov 9, 2020
  4. Amit_Sun Win User

Install optional feature updates automatically

Optional Feature History Windows10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Which version of Windows is currently installed on the system?

Developer mode will be installed on the system, if it is enabled in the Settings. Let us go ahead and check the settings to turn off Developer Features.

1. Navigate to Settings > Update and Security > For developer.
    2. Under Use developer features
      check if Developer mode is checked, Select Sideload Apps from the options, and Developer mode will get unchecked automatically.
    3. After this steps, check for Windows update, and all the features should be installed automatically.

If you still face the issue, reply to this post with answers to the question above.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Nov 9, 2020
Thema:

Install optional feature updates automatically

1. Install optional feature updates automatically - Similar Threads - Install optional feature

2. Optional feature not installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Optional feature not installing: My PC is having issue installing an optional feature, more specifically Japanese Supplemental Fonts. My device is an Intel NUC and before I formatted this PC, it did not have any problem installing any optional feature. Post-reset, however, the progress bar would not move...
  3. Optional feature not installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Optional feature not installing: My PC is having issue installing an optional feature, more specifically Japanese Supplemental Fonts. My device is an Intel NUC and before I formatted this PC, it did not have any problem installing any optional feature. Post-reset, however, the progress bar would not move...
  4. Optional Features - Install Failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Optional Features - Install Failed: I am trying to install RSATs. When I try to, I get the error code 0x80072F8F.I have tried changing the registry entries with no success.I have checked my time on the pc and in the BIOS with no success. I have rebooted the computer several times and no success. I have ran SFC...
  5. Optional Features - Install Failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Optional Features - Install Failed: I am trying to install RSATs. When I try to, I get the error code 0x80072F8F.I have tried changing the registry entries with no success.I have checked my time on the pc and in the BIOS with no success. I have rebooted the computer several times and no success. I have ran SFC...
  6. optional feature install failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    optional feature install failed: i deleted windows media player 10 but when i whas gonna download it or download any other optional feature it fails with error 0x80070422 and i tried searching but nothing worked...
  7. optional feature install failed

in Windows 10 Customization
    optional feature install failed: i deleted windows media player 10 but when i whas gonna download it or download any other optional feature it fails with error 0x80070422 and i tried searching but nothing worked...
  8. Automatically install the optional updates in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Automatically install the optional updates in Windows 10.: Is there a way to set Windows 10 machines to automatically download and install the optional updates offered by Windows Update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatically-install-the-optional-updates-in/f2361eaa-6ab1-441e-b383-9b82118f00a6
  9. Windows optional features not installing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows optional features not installing: So... here I am searching endlessly for the connect app, so I can miracast my phone screen to my laptop. Turns out, I have to install it myself. So I tried to do that. But it just gets stuck at filling the progress bar just a little bit, and after a few minutes, giving up and...
  10. Optional Features not installing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Optional Features not installing: I'm running Windows 10 Pro N 1909 and try to install the media feature pack and media player through the optional features but it still doesn't install. Same through powershell. I've turned off metered connection. Its needed for MFS2020 as it throws up a winmovie_z error...