Windows 10: Install options with legacy BIOS. If I dont ask, I'll never know...

Discus and support Install options with legacy BIOS. If I dont ask, I'll never know... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm just trying to further my understanding with this. I always clean install by using the installation media to take the drive in question down to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mooly, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Mooly Win User

Install options with legacy BIOS. If I dont ask, I'll never know...

I'm just trying to further my understanding with this.

I always clean install by using the installation media to take the drive in question down to unallocated space, and then create a new partition and install Windows. That works well and gives me the small 'System Reserved' partition and the main C partition. I add other partitions of my own choosing afterwards. All good except that each time I want to clean install I have to first back up all the stuff on the other partitions and then recreate new ones after the clean install and then copy stuff back again.

What would happen if I used the installation media to:

A/ Delete (or format... I'm guessing that's an option from memory) only the existing C partition and for me to clean install into that new space. I would leave the pre-existing System Reserved partition.

B/ As above but this time deleting (or formatting...) the existing 'System Reserved' partition and clean installing. This would leave the small System Reserved partition either empty or I could delete it altogether (so now unallocated).

Is the original 'System Reserved' partition only of use (and only usable) by the original installation that created it ?

Would deleting the System Reserved partiton (my option B above) allow a new similar partition to be created by a new clean install or does that only happen when the whole drive is 100% empty with no pre-existing partitions (such as extra ones I add later).

:)

Mooly, Jul 22, 2018
  2. slance310 Win User

Difficulty setting BIOS to boot in Legacy mode

Hi,

I read that from your previous link...

That's why I was thinking that a wiped HDD might give a different outcome with the BIOS...

Same reason to try doing a Clean Install with a Flash Drive specifically for Legacy Bios... To see if the Legacy\ Secure Boot issue can be forced to change...

Be sure to have all other HDDs and iOmega stuff unhooked...

I am trying to force something to work on my machine by using a UEFI Flash, as opposed to the Legacy Flash I suggested you try...

I'm trying to boot off of a PCIe based SSD, and my Bios is not recognizing it in Legacy... Not even showing in Bios at all, even though it works fine for Data storage...

slance310, Jul 22, 2018
  3. Powercolor RX480 BIOS required

Find the unverified bios option.

eidairaman1, Jul 22, 2018
  4. Install options with legacy BIOS. If I dont ask, I'll never know...

Is there a way to convert my existing installed Windows 10 Legacy bios to UEFI?

Hi guys, is there a way to convert my OS's Legacy BIOS to UEFI? Reason for this absurdity is I want to dual boot Ubuntu 15 and whenever I disable the EFI setting in my BIOS my usb installer is not detected (obviously). I've searched about it and it leads
    me to this article Converting Windows BIOS installation to UEFI - TechNet Articles - United States (English) - TechNet Wiki I just want to know if there are other steps before I follow the article. Thanks in advance.

I wanted to use a VM but my rig can't handle such.

bon2x060391, Jul 22, 2018
Thema:

Install options with legacy BIOS. If I dont ask, I'll never know...

1. Install options with legacy BIOS. If I dont ask, I'll never know... - Similar Threads - Install options legacy

2. so i dont have these options and i dont know why.

in Windows 10 Customization
    so i dont have these options and i dont know why.: ok, so i need to center my taskbar for reasons and i am using links rclick/toolbars/links and centering it manually. i am unable to find a hide labels button when i rclick the taskbar. pls help...
  3. legacy bios

legacy bios: how to enable vt in legacy bios. help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/legacy-bios/23898b08-4c8c-460c-a565-94ef79831238
  4. I dont know how to install bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I dont know how to install bluetooth: i followed instructions on other threads, but after going into device manager, i don see bluetooth. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-know-how-to-install-bluetooth/5b85f378-0c5d-4675-ba45-8db7a1023943
  5. Windows 10 Clean Install - Dell Inspiron BIOS - Legacy Option

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Clean Install - Dell Inspiron BIOS - Legacy Option: Hi, A few days ago I replaced my hard drive with a solid state drive and did a Media Creation Tool clean install to a Dell Inspiron. I changed the BIOS Boot Menu options to Legacy, Secure Boot disabled, Legacy Option for USB boot to use the Tool. Since then, after doing...
  6. Csm or legacy options unavailable in bios.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Csm or legacy options unavailable in bios.: please help me my bios systeam have no csm or legacy options for that i cant install windows 10 by bootable usb drive. Device:Asus Model:x509fb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/csm-or-legacy-options-unavailable-in-bios/be1fbad3-d605-4436-b877-ef320804d407
  7. i dont know

i dont know: [ATTACH] i dont know hot to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-know/5df547b3-fc09-4b93-adbe-bdd39bf5267f
  8. Legacy BIOS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Legacy BIOS: Hello, I do not have UEFI only the legacy BIOS. See attach. Then how to access my BIOS? Thank you 152614
  9. I cant access my legacy bios and i dont know why

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I cant access my legacy bios and i dont know why: So ive tried tk access my legacy bios by pressing so many different buttons over and over again on my start up and none of them work like ive tried delete(last time i got into my bios it was delete or delete and something else) esc, f2, f8, f10, f11, f12 and thats it but none...
  10. Happily I'll never have to do this again

in Windows 10 Support
    Happily I'll never have to do this again: I retire next year and I've supported PC's ever since DOS, then Windows. I have to date updated about a dozen client machines to Windows 10 and lately my own. Lucky for me it was the only one that hasn't run into problems*chuckle. I find it hard to understand that after 20...