Windows 10: Install OS and format other hard disk if user prompt is yes

Discus and support Install OS and format other hard disk if user prompt is yes in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Experts, I am Bala, working on Windows 10 20H2 image creation and deployment, where i will be creating the wim file & using the wim file we will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ijalabs, Mar 16, 2021.

1. ijalabs Win User

Install OS and format other hard disk if user prompt is yes

Hi Experts,

I am Bala, working on Windows 10 20H2 image creation and deployment, where i will be creating the wim file & using the wim file we will apply the image to pc. we are not using SCCM or MDT deployment since the PC will be deployed in a stand alone environments mostly. User of the PC will have the USB for OS installation.

I was using the bat file to complete the OS installation and making partitions. Now i have got an issue where i have more than 2 HDD(non RIAD) present in the pc, where operating system should be installed in disk 0 and if user gives input as Yes the Disk 1 and disk 2 should be formatted. where the number of disk might increase or decrease so i am looking to find is there a way where we can dynamically perform this operation.

Kindly suggest your inputs please.

Thanks
    Balaji

:)

ijalabs, Mar 16, 2021

2. Formatting The Hard Disk.

I have W.10. installed and have an ASUS P5LD2 Motherboard . I want sell this Desktop Computer with the Hard Disk completely erased/formatted.

I always used to do this by going into DOS and using the Format Command with an Unconditional instruction. I could still do this if I could get to the Root of Drive C. i.e. C:\ . Using the Command Prompt under W.10 restricts me to going back only as
    far as C:\Users\name.

Could you please advise on how to get to the Root address or else suggest another way to get a completely erased Hard Disk.

0e05219f-0547-4c00-b2d4-7f29bf05187f, Mar 16, 2021
  3. Fernandz Win User
    How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Mar 16, 2021
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Remove spare hard disk as system disk

Thank you for your reply.

There's a possibility that your HDD was detected as OS drive during the Windows installation. To remove your HDD as system disk, we suggest reformatting it. To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Open Disk Management.
    • Right-click on your HDD, then select Format.
    • On the Format windows, type your preferred Volume label,
      File system (NTFS is recommended)
      , Allocation unit size (leave as Default).
    • Check the Perform a quick format option, then click
      OK

Note: Please back up your files before reformatting the drive.

Feel free to post back should you need further help.

Riel Alc, Mar 16, 2021
Thema:

1. Install OS and format other hard disk if user prompt is yes - Similar Threads - Install format hard

2. Can't Install Windows after Hard disk format.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Install Windows after Hard disk format.: I installed Windows and Linux on my system as a dual boot.Unfortunately I upgraded a 64 bit version of windows 8.1 but due to low ram I was facing a lot of difficulties so I decided to go back to the 32 bit version but I could not install it as my system's architecture was 64...
  3. Can't Install Windows after Hard disk format.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Install Windows after Hard disk format.: I installed Windows and Linux on my system as a dual boot.Unfortunately I upgraded a 64 bit version of windows 8.1 but due to low ram I was facing a lot of difficulties so I decided to go back to the 32 bit version but I could not install it as my system's architecture was 64...
  4. Install OS and format other hard disk if user prompt is yes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install OS and format other hard disk if user prompt is yes: Hi Experts, I am Bala, working on Windows 10 20H2 image creation and deployment, where i will be creating the wim file & using the wim file we will apply the image to pc. we are not using SCCM or MDT deployment since the PC will be deployed in a stand alone environments...
  5. Hard disk somehow formatted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard disk somehow formatted: Hello all, I have a WD My Passport 2TB HDD. One day, when I turned on my PC, the hard disk was not to be found. Checking Disk Management tells that there are various no-name drives. No data is there. Tried using Testdisk Data Recovery utility no data found in the normal...
  6. Formatting hard disks with numbers?

Formatting hard disks with numbers?: Hi I have a server and I'm running out of letters to add hard drives I know that with raid or pools you can combine multiple drives but I would like to use numbers instead of letters that are not recognized in windows is there a possibility zb in windows server 2019...
  7. HD Disk formatting with OS installed

HD Disk formatting with OS installed: Hi everybody: can anyone tell me how to format a hard drive disk with the operating system installed at the same time? Thanks for a helpful answer. Regards, Pablo...
  8. Format a Hard Disk Drive

Format a Hard Disk Drive: I want to reformat a HGST 750GB hard disk drive connected thru a USB port on my computer. How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/format-a-hard-disk-drive/0e989132-1b84-48c9-b089-ce4ac8420d30
  9. Format hard disk

Format hard disk: I want to gift my laptop to a friend and would like to format the hard disk, but when I try to do it the message is I can't do it because it could cause my computer to stop working. How do I erase everything from my computer's memory?...
  10. Command Prompt User Name format

Command Prompt User Name format: Hi. Is there a way to change the format of my command prompt User Name? Normally it is just the user name but I have 1 pc where it is the <user name.pc_name>. This is windows 10....