Windows 10: Install Printer Icon to already installed wireless printer

Discus and support Install Printer Icon to already installed wireless printer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm running a new HP Envy laptop running Windows 10 64 Home - The Microsoft set-up instalIed my wireless printers during set up but did not create an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Amma904, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Amma904 Win User

Install Printer Icon to already installed wireless printer

I'm running a new HP Envy laptop running Windows 10 64 Home - The Microsoft set-up instalIed my wireless printers during set up but did not create an icon for me to access the printer functions to make choices. I have wireless access to my HP Laserjet Pro MFP M426fdw printer e.g. When I create a WORD document and want to print to this printer - FILE>PRINT gives me the option to choose this printer and it does work to print the document wireless - However, this printer also has scanning, too. I need to install an icon that I can click to open the printer/scanner utility choices so I can tell the device what I want it to do - wireless. e.g. Like making a scan of a document in PDF format and letting me choose where the scan will be saved.. I have tried going to SETTINGS>DEVICES>PRINTERS and SCANNERS to R click on the printer's name to create a shortcut - R click does not do anything. My list of "Programs" does not even have any of my printers listed even though they are wireless choices for all my Microsoft Office programs so I can't even R click there.

My question is, how do I get an icon for my printers and scanners so I can tell these devices what I want them to do and where I want them to send my completed request.

Full disclosure - I'm not very computer literate and would prefer step by step instructions - I'm hoping I will not have to uninstall and reinstall these printers in order to access their functions as I have lost wireless capability when I have done this in the past.

Thank you for any help you can offer.

:)

Amma904, Mar 27, 2020

2. wireless printer adapter??

there is no desktop available. In the manual of the adapter it said "Do not install the printer through usb. Wait until prompted to do so". Then at the end when the adapter is configured with the network, it tells me to install the printer through the network. i think that is where i got confused. do i then install it through usb or through the wireless adapter...

karolpl2004, Mar 27, 2020
  3. Printer wont install

Cable I had didnt specify whether it was USB1.1 or 2.0. I found a cable that was USB2.0 and slapped it in and things started to work. There was a sheet of paper even that came with the printer that stated if you cant get the printer to install that it could be the lack of a USB2.0 cable and 1.1 could cause issues when using the printer.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Mar 27, 2020
  4. Install Printer Icon to already installed wireless printer

Printer wont install

So my dad got a new printer for Christmas. Its a Kodak EASYSHARE all-in-one 5500 series printer.

I go to install the drivers leaving the printer unplugged from the computer (power cord is plugged in) and the instructions state to plug in the USB device when prompted. Okay...I wait until prompted and plug it in. It still sits there at the screen telling me to insert the USB cable to the back of the printer. I have tried it with the printer on and with it off. I have even tried using drivers off Kodak's website.

Not really sure what to do. Vista doesnt even try to install a driver for it when i plug it into the motherboard. Ive never had this problem with a printer before.

Not sure if i put this in the right section or not so if it isnt, mods feel free to move it. However it will be a networked printer. *Stick Out Tongue Install Printer Icon to already installed wireless printer :p

Any ideas guys?

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

Install Printer Icon to already installed wireless printer

1. Install Printer Icon to already installed wireless printer - Similar Threads - Install Printer Icon

2. printer instalation

in Windows 10 Customization
    printer instalation: i can connect to my network nut not to the printer. i get same error message the the print driver is not available. Updating drivers does not work. I have a Brother MFC-L2740DW laser printer. my $200 tablet and i phone 12 connected automatically.i upgraded to windows 12 but...
  3. No printer installed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No printer installed: My workstation suddenly received this weird issue where whenever I print I got the message that "no printer installed" which is new to me as all of the printers are showing in Control Panel. I tried to restart the printer spooler service, reinstalled all the printers with the...
  4. install printer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    install printer: I cannot install a canon mf4149 on a new levono idea 145 it does not allow me to load the mfc. driver manually https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-printer/da206dc4-9ec3-49b8-9fba-19b61261022a
  5. No Printers Installed

No Printers Installed: I have MS Office Pro 2016 & my documents won't print, error message: No Printers Installed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-printers-installed/f6c4fc51-49eb-4e5d-995b-9b2d526b0544
  6. installing wireless printer epson et2600

installing wireless printer epson et2600: Can anyone tell me where I can get the WPS PIN code so I can connect up my wireless printer to my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-wireless-printer-epson-et2600/6d8bb86e-ffc9-431b-8d6d-cf4c83d89b77
  7. Installing printer

Installing printer: I have to plug my printer into the front of the desktop computer due to short cord length. I do not know the port name and I do not know the driver that should be installed for a Brother HL 2140 (older laser printer). How can I install this printer?...
  8. Printer installation

Printer installation: I have trouble with my Canon MX490 printer. I deleted it thinking I could find it in a list but cannot. How can I install it again without the information that came with it. In the process of moving but need printer now....
  9. Printer installation

Printer installation: I have an older Lexmark Z25 printer. I want to use it with a new laptop. unfortunately I've misplaced the install CD. Is there any other way to install It? Any help is welcome. Thanks, Gordon S....
  10. Wireless printer install blocked by administrator

Wireless printer install blocked by administrator: I'm trying to connect my HP LaserJetM1217nfwMFP printer as a wireless one to my HP laptop running Windows 10. When I begin the Smart Jnstall process I am stopped by a window from User Account Control saying that 'An administrator has blocked you from running this app. For...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. printer icon on desktop

2. how to get printer icon on desktop windows 10