Windows 10: Install problem after moving default library folders to D

Discus and support Install problem after moving default library folders to D in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Trying to install TaxCut and keep getting an error saying it needs access to E:\Public. But E is my CD drive. The error number is 1303, but that's a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ACarson, Feb 3, 2019.

1. ACarson Win User

Install problem after moving default library folders to D

Trying to install TaxCut and keep getting an error saying it needs access to E:\Public. But E is my CD drive. The error number is 1303, but that's a permission-related error which is not the problem as I'm running as administrator and D has full control permissions. Could there be a registry problem pointing the installer to 'next letter after [drive with My Documents]'? Is there a way to fix this on my end?

:)

ACarson, Feb 3, 2019
  2. Mohan B P Win User

Picture User Folder vs Library Picture Folder / Add to User folder

Hi,

Form the issue description, I realize that you are trying to view your pictures in the default pictures library. To do so, you have to change the location of the folder that contains your pictures to the default pictures library folder.

To view your pictures in the default pictures library, I suggest you to follow the steps below.

• Right-click on the default Picture folder
      and click on Properties.

• Navigate to Location tab.

• Click on Move…. and select the folder that contains your pictures and click on
      Apply and then click on Ok.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further information on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Feb 3, 2019
  3. Jimmyb Win User
    ? After I Moved Libraries ie. Documents, Pictures and Download Folders

For many years with W7 and latterly with W10 I have moved my libraries to my D: drive, and with the exception of when I made errors with the move it has worked well. However since 1709 I have noticed some "issues":
    1. Sometimes a progrmme will recreate a duplicate library back in C:\Users\{MyName}.
    2. In my D: drive I do not use the same name as in the C:\User library, (never had an issue previously), but some programmes though accepting the drive move have created a D:\{MyName\/Documents folder to place their folder in.
    Odd, a little frustrating, as I like things neat and tidy (old age OCD), but manageable.

Jimmyb, Feb 3, 2019
  4. Install problem after moving default library folders to D

Move Windows 10 Library Folders

Here is one URL: Move your Windows 10 libraries to a separate drive or partition

Here's another: how to move default "Liibraries" folder from "C" to "D" drive

When I follow both of these, one at a time, of course, I get the error message described. I have even formatted the drive where I want the folders to reside, with no success.

I say "Library Folders" because, if one looks at File Explorer, the folders that I want to move are under the Libraries tab.

Any help will be appreciated.

KennethBush, Feb 3, 2019
Thema:

Install problem after moving default library folders to D

1. Install problem after moving default library folders to D - Similar Threads - Install problem moving

2. Not allowed to move Pictures-folder from default C:\ to my documents-folder on D:\

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not allowed to move Pictures-folder from default C:\ to my documents-folder on D:\: Not allowed to move Pictures-folder from default C:\ to my documents-folder on D:\.And im not allowed to uncheck 'Pictures' in Choose Folders in Settings in OneDrive, beceause Camera Roll is blocking.Fix?SincerelyNiels...
  3. Not allowed to move Pictures-folder from default C:\ to my documents-folder on D:\

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not allowed to move Pictures-folder from default C:\ to my documents-folder on D:\: Not allowed to move Pictures-folder from default C:\ to my documents-folder on D:\.And im not allowed to uncheck 'Pictures' in Choose Folders in Settings in OneDrive, beceause Camera Roll is blocking.Fix?SincerelyNiels...
  4. Not allowed to move Pictures-folder from default C:\ to my documents-folder on D:\

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Problem Moving Music Folder to D: Data drive

Problem Moving Music Folder to D: Data drive: I was trying to move the Music folder Library? from the C drive to the D drive. I went to Music, Properties, Location and selected Move as instructed but when I selected a target of the Music folder I just created on the D drive it gave a warning about Child/Parent or...
  6. Problem Moving Music Folder to D: Data drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem Moving Music Folder to D: Data drive: I was trying to move the Music folder Library? from the C drive to the D drive. I went to Music, Properties, Location and selected Move as instructed but when I selected a target of the Music folder I just created on the D drive it gave a warning about Child/Parent or...
  7. Problem Moving Music Folder to D: Data drive

8. Help!, Problem Moving Music Folder to D: Data drive

Help!, Problem Moving Music Folder to D: Data drive: I was trying to move the Music folder Library? from the C drive to the D drive. I went to Music, Properties, Location and selected Move as instructed but when I selected a target of the Music folder I just created on the D drive it gave a warning about Child/Parent or...
  9. Library moved to an user folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Library moved to an user folder: So I wanted to move the "Saved games" (here it's Parties enregistrées) library, and I messed up, I applied it to an user folder, and I can't change it's location angain. My restoration point isn't working, and any bat file that "reset" that library arent working . Any ideas ?...
  10. Move Library Folders to OneDrive

Move Library Folders to OneDrive: I seem to have a basic misunderstanding of the process to move folders to OneDrive. I've followed all the directions that I've found and can't seem to get the locations moved. When I attempt to select a new location it simply keeps coming back to the "New Location"...