Windows 10: Install second os on a blank internal hard drive using UEFI

Discus and support Install second os on a blank internal hard drive using UEFI in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a computer with Windows 10 home. I have a new blank hard drive that I want to install Windows 7 pro and upgrade it to Windows 10 pro ( I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Gladiator, May 4, 2021.

1. Gladiator Win User

Install second os on a blank internal hard drive using UEFI

I have a computer with Windows 10 home. I have a new blank hard drive that I want to install Windows 7 pro and upgrade it to Windows 10 pro ( I have the software for both). My new system has the UEFI mode. What is the easiest way to install the second OPERATING SYSTEM on the extra blank drive so that I can boot from either one with no problems? I installed multiple operating systems several times (using EASYBCD) before the UEFI came into existence. Any help is greatly appreciated.

:)

Gladiator, May 4, 2021
  2. Gladiator Win User

I have a computer with Windows 10 home.
    I have a new blank hard drive that I want to install Windows 7 pro and upgrade it to Windows 10 pro ( I have the software for both).
    My new system has the UEFI mode.
    What is the easiest way to install the second OPERATING SYSTEM on the extra blank drive so that I can boot from either one with no problems?
    I installed multiple operating systems several times (using EASYBCD) before the UEFI came into existence.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Gladiator, May 4, 2021
  3. Megahertz Win User

You don't need to install Win 7 pro than update to Win 10 pro. You can install Win 10 Pro and use the Win 7 pro key.

Windows can be installed in two ways: Legacy-MBR or UEFI-GPT
    To install as Legacy-MBR you must boot the installation drive as Legacy
    To install as UEFI-GPT you must boot the installation drive as UEFI.

As you have a new MB, you should install as UEFI-GPT
    Detach any other drives (SATA or Power cable) from the MB.
    On BIOS, disable fast boot and secure boot (you can enable after installation)

During POST, press F? to launch the boot menu. You will see two options for the USB drive. USB UEFI (Name) and USB (Name). Select USB UEFI (Name).
    Go to install and delete ALL partitions on the drive till you have one and only one unallocated space and then proceed.
    If you don't want to use MS account, don't enable updates or connect to the internet during installation.

The two installations are independent. Choose one as the default and set it on BIOS. To boot from the other drive / system launch the boot menu (F?). You can also edit the boot manager to add the other OS.

Megahertz, May 4, 2021
  4. Install second os on a blank internal hard drive using UEFI

No drive found on my internal hard disk on Dell Latitude E5430.

Hello,My laptop (Dell Latitude E5430) was working perfectly till yesterday. But yesterday night, it restarted on its own and ever since, it's stuck at this screen:

Install second os on a blank internal hard drive using UEFI [​IMG]

Also, inside the BIOS, no UEFI bootable hard disk drive is being listed.

The UEFI flash disk option shown above is that of my bootable pen drive with Windows 10 installation copy.I googled this issue a bit and the results were as follows:
    1. one thread suggested that I should run Dell's internal diagnostics to see if there anything wrong with hard disk. I did that but every component, including the hard disk one, passed these internal test.
    2. a second thread suggested that I should try to remove and reseat the hard disk. I did that following Dell's user manual.
    3. another thread suggested that I should reinstall my windows 10 afresh. But when I try to do so, the windows installation wizard doesn't list any drive in the hard disk. It's as if it doesn't detect hard disk at all.
    In a nutshell, while the hard disk is being detected, but none of its drives is. However, the hard disk consisted of 3 drives:
    1. C: with the windows' and applications' installations,
    2. D: with all of my data,
    3. E: which was recovery drive.
    Any troubleshooting suggestions?I'm sorry I am not able to help you guys with any logs and stuff because I don't know how to get them when I can't get my Windows to boot. I'm not even sure if this is the correct section where I should be posting this thread.. I'm just so confused right now. *cry

A few weeks ago, I had upgraded (not fresh installation) from windows 10 version 1607 to 20H2. The version 1607 installation was a clean one (from scratch, after formatting the hard disk and creating new partitions).

Ten64BitUser, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Install second os on a blank internal hard drive using UEFI - Similar Threads - Install second blank

2. How to install windows 10 software on my second internal hard drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to install windows 10 software on my second internal hard drive?: Windows 10 reinstalled in my primary hard drive c I want it installed in my secondary hard drive f. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-windows-10-software-on-my-second/617a6875-4d1d-4298-805c-e9135541faf0
  3. Second internal hard drive not appearing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second internal hard drive not appearing in Windows 10: I have a 500gb drive as my primary. I have installed a 1TB drive, from which I need to access data. It was formerly accessible on other another PC with Windows 10 installed. BIOS recognises that the drive is present. Upon entering Windows 10, however, I can find no...
  4. Boot Windows 10 from USB Hard Drive that used to be the internal OS

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot Windows 10 from USB Hard Drive that used to be the internal OS: I upgraded my HDD to an SSD and starting fresh on the SSD and reinstalling everything. How can I boot into Windows 10 on the old HDD that is now in an external USB enclosure? I am trying to review some of the settings on the old setup so I can match on the new install. Thank...
  5. Installing OS on a seperate hard drive

Installing OS on a seperate hard drive: I am trying to install an OS to a new hard drive for a computer I built, if I purchase the windows 10 OS, can I install it on a hard drive through a SATA reader other than the C: drive or is it going to try to default to my computers C: drive? Also, is the license going to...
  6. Unable to acces second internal hard drive on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to acces second internal hard drive on Windows 10: My computer has a 1 TB second internal storage drive, and the 238 GB the main drive has been filled up with apps and games. I tried to go to storage settings and move my apps and games to the second drive, as well as redirect all future app downloads to the second drive, but...
  7. Internal Hard Drive

Internal Hard Drive: I have an internal hard drive i got from my day that came out of his desk top. It has a lot of data on it i want to recover and put onto an external dar drive. I can see the drive when i run diskmgmt but cannot right click on it or browse files. I get this error with it "was...
  8. Can I wipe a second internal hard drive also?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I wipe a second internal hard drive also?: I'm donating my old PC, and it has two internal SSDs. If I choose Reset my PC, and choose Remove everything, will it wipe the second drive for me also? Or give me the option?...
  9. File history - second internal hard drive

File history - second internal hard drive: I have a C drive and a D drive, both internal hard drives. File History is backing up the contents of the D drive, but when I go to the "Restore Files From a Current Backup" function, only the C drive files are shown. I can see from looking at the contents of the external...
  10. install second hard drive hot?

install second hard drive hot?: Hi All, I was under the impression that I was going to have a hard drive failure and purchased a new hard drive and cloned windows to it. it turned out my drive is fine, so I would like to use the drive as a second drive in my system. if I just plug it in, will my computer...