Windows 10: Install shield 'dies', any ideas?

Discus and support Install shield 'dies', any ideas? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have some older software using installshield. My problem is the installer just dies. No error messages. No feedback at all. It starts the process... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/EsraYmssik, Nov 9, 2019 at 1:27 AM.

1. Install shield 'dies', any ideas?

I have some older software using installshield.

My problem is the installer just dies. No error messages. No feedback at all.

It starts the process OK. I get to choose language, then nothing.

I've watched Task Manager and the process just disappears. This is a consistent (and persistent) error.

I have tried running as admin, running compatibility troubleshooter, running in various compatibility modes, but no joy.

I've searched this sub and tried googling, but I'm not finding an answer. It is possible my search terms are wrong, but given the lack of feedback, I'm not sure what to search for.

Does anybody have any idea why this is happening and any suggestions on how to fix it?

submitted by /u/EsraYmssik
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/EsraYmssik, Nov 9, 2019 at 1:27 AM

2. HotSpot Shield

Hi thomlyons,

To uninstall HotSpot Shield you need to disable the VPN profile first. If you don't know how, please contact HotSpot Shield support for assistance. Once you have disabled the VPN profile follow the steps below to uninstall the app.

1. Go to the app list and look for HotSpot Shield.

2. Touch and hold the app.

3. Then tap uninstall.

Sincerely,

3. niko084 Win User
    Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

4. Install shield 'dies', any ideas?

UAC Shield

Hi,

Let's follow the steps suggested by Jim From KS on November 9, 2013 in this

thread
    and check if it helps.

For further queries, feel free to post back.

Thank you.

Jessieca Sobe, Nov 9, 2019 at 1:36 AM
Thema:

Install shield 'dies', any ideas?

1. Install shield 'dies', any ideas? - Similar Threads - Install shield 'dies'

2. Any idea what this icon is?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any idea what this icon is?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Speedy_Panda [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ds1ypg/any_idea_what_this_icon_is/
  3. Any ideas how to fix?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any ideas how to fix?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jenowagner [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dpd4kq/any_ideas_how_to_fix/
  4. Install Shield

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install Shield: I have Windows 10 Home version 1903 installed in Bootcamp on my Mac. I recently came across an issue when trying to install some software that I need for work. It's the ISScript.msi and it says it's missing. I followed what the manufacturer said to do and now Install...
  5. Protection Shield

in Windows 10 Support
    Protection Shield: I really need to know how to get the Protection Shield on my taskbar. Please help. 120730
  6. DirectX installation fails - any ideas how I can get it installed?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DirectX installation fails - any ideas how I can get it installed?: Hi So I got a new laptop recently: Acer Aspire 5 Windows 10 Home i7-8550U 8GB RAM Nvidia GeForce MX150 It's not intended for gaming but I figured I could play some games casually and on lower settings which I don't mind. Also seen reviews for the MX150 card and the...
  7. Got a Windows 10 update that won't install - any ideas?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Got a Windows 10 update that won't install - any ideas?: Hi, My mum's Acer laptop suddenly has a Windows 10 update that won't install (gif screenshot attached hopefully) and we can't get rid of it either. I found the Windows Update Troubleshooter and ran that as Administrator but it's made no difference. She's been running...
  8. Got any Idea what is going on?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Got any Idea what is going on?: Not wanting to copy and paste my help thread from other forums that I never got a reply from I will try to get help here. The problem I am experiencing is Default Application I get the How do you want to open this file? Problem: It opens without me doing...
  9. Can't create Windows 10 Installation Media. Any ideas?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't create Windows 10 Installation Media. Any ideas?: I'm in the process of building a new computer for my wife. I've purchased a new Windows 10 Home license and planned to use Microsoft's installation media creation tool to create an install flash drive. It seems like a no-brainer but the tool won't recognize any of my flash...
  10. Any ideas on how Windows Defender would be?

in Windows 10 Support
    Any ideas on how Windows Defender would be?: [img] With the killer features awaiting in the Threshold, pushing for a more converged OS, any ideas on how Windows Defender would prevail across all the platforms? Any changes expected? http://mobile.pcadvisor.co.uk/new-pr...ndows-phone-9/ 1661