Windows 10: Install stuck at searching for updates

Discus and support Install stuck at searching for updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Installing Windows 10 directly on this pc from media creation tool. When it gets to 'searching for updates' it gets stuck a 0%. Any thoughts? Thanks!!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ventanasguy, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Install stuck at searching for updates

Installing Windows 10 directly on this pc from media creation tool. When it gets to 'searching for updates' it gets stuck a 0%. Any thoughts? Thanks!!

:)

ventanasguy, Aug 6, 2015
  2. Andre Da Costa, Aug 6, 2015
  3. win 10 stuck at at searching for updates

am trying to install the full version of win 10 over win 7 but win 10 is stuck at searching for updates wats the problem

harrywollman, Aug 6, 2015
  4. swarfega Win User

Install stuck at searching for updates

Make sure the PC has internet access. For instance on mine, I don't have internet until I've installed the driver.

swarfega, Aug 6, 2015
  5. Thanks. I'm posting on here using the pc, via internet.

ventanasguy, Aug 6, 2015
  6. swarfega Win User
    Apologies but you may have been desperate enough to have been on a tablet *Tongue

Have you had an email saying "Windows 10 for you is on the way and you are in the queue" yet?

swarfega, Aug 6, 2015
  7. No, I haven't received that.

ventanasguy, Aug 6, 2015
  8. Install stuck at searching for updates

I just cleaned out the Software Distribution folder and will give it a try once more.

c:Windows\SoftwareDistribution

ventanasguy, Aug 6, 2015
  9. iBawbag Win User
    Command prompt (admin)

Net stop wuauserv
    Net stop bits

delete contents of c:\windows\softwaredistribution\download

then

Command prompt (admin)
    Net start wuauserv
    Net start bits

iBawbag, Aug 6, 2015
  10. Thanks... will give it a go!

ventanasguy, Aug 6, 2015
  11. This time it got beyond the searching... all by itself without my doing anything. Now let's see how it all ends.

ventanasguy, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Install stuck at searching for updates

1. Install stuck at searching for updates - Similar Threads - Install stuck searching

2. installing update stucks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    installing update stucks: I install update on my pc but ig got stuck not completing install after alot of times should i shutdown it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-update-stucks/c0bb4cab-d682-4a95-a6b1-7a5342b6ba63
  3. installing update stucks

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    installing update stucks: I install update on my pc but ig got stuck not completing install after alot of times should i shutdown it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-update-stucks/c0bb4cab-d682-4a95-a6b1-7a5342b6ba63
  4. installing update stucks

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows Server 2016 Standalone Installer Update Stuck on Searching for Other Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Server 2016 Standalone Installer Update Stuck on Searching for Other Updates: Hi there,We are currently encounter problems updating Windows Server 2016 using standalone installers.The server is not connected to the internet so we manually download the Windows update standalone installer and transfer it to the server.We then run the standalone installer...
  6. Windows Server 2016 Standalone Installer Update Stuck on Searching for Other Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Server 2016 Standalone Installer Update Stuck on Searching for Other Updates: Hi there,We are currently encounter problems updating Windows Server 2016 using standalone installers.The server is not connected to the internet so we manually download the Windows update standalone installer and transfer it to the server.We then run the standalone installer...
  7. Windows Update Installer stucks on installing.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update Installer stucks on installing.: Hello, I'm installing Window Update KB5005565 through Standalone Installer. However, it has been stuck while the progress bar is full. Here is the image: https://imgur.com/gallery/ZEiCdvKIt has been stuck for about 12 hours. What should I do now? Cancel the installation or...
  8. Windows update page stuck searching

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows update page stuck searching: Hey gang, So I just updated to Windows 10 20H2. After the restart. I went to check for any updates it just says Please wait... and seems stuck. I rebooted 3 times. and still doing it. And on top of that I hit the pause updates. Is there a way to fix it without formatting?...
  9. Stuck on "Searching for updates" after update to 19042.572

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck on "Searching for updates" after update to 19042.572: Hey, already posted in the mega thread, but I would like to get this sorted pretty soon. What I did was basically update to build 19042.572, everything worked fine, now after the reboot I wanted to check for updates again and the search takes forever. What I did so far: -...
  10. Windows Update Standalone Installer stuck on Searching for updates on this computer

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Update Standalone Installer stuck on Searching for updates on this computer: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Many a time we download a standalone installer directly from Microsoft. It’s faster, and even though it’s not completely offline, it is better. That said, I won’t be surprised if you get stuck with that too. Sometimes, the installers have [...] This post...