Windows 10: Install stuck for hours, then no monitor on reboot

Discus and support Install stuck for hours, then no monitor on reboot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I installed Windows 10 fairly quickly on my laptop, and firlgured it'd be just as painfree to do so on my desktop, but the install was stuck at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MReprogle, Jul 29, 2015.

1. MReprogle Win User

Install stuck for hours, then no monitor on reboot

I installed Windows 10 fairly quickly on my laptop, and firlgured it'd be just as painfree to do so on my desktop, but the install was stuck at 'Copying files - 48%' for hours. I figured that since it was just copying files, I would just restart the PC and start over, but now my PC does not want to output video. On startup, I don't even see the normal BIOS screen, and there is only HD activity for about a second after I power the PC back on. Any ideas on what could be going on here??

:)

MReprogle, Jul 29, 2015

2. Upgrading to Windows stuck at 92%

I left it at 92% for 4 days, with no success... I rebooted and now trying to install with ISO image. It is stuck again at 92% for about 8 hours... Everything is disconnected except mouse, keyboard, monitor and ethernet...

FrederikLa, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Upgrading to Windows stuck at 92%

Oh well, I unplugged my Wireless mouse USB and it worked. I don't know why it interferes with the installation.

P.S. = I'm on laptop btw

Ammar Rasyad, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Windowz10 Win User

No bios screen is weird. However, perhaps you have a quick boot option enabled- it tends to be the default.

Therefore it might be getting past the bios so fast and thus returning to the bunged state.

If you can remember which keyboard key is used to enter Setup rather than booting, you could try spamming that from the moment the 3 finger salute is executed, or the computer powered on. Typically it's hitting the DELete key that sets the flag to enter the bios setup.

I seriously doubt that the screen is blown or that some software in the bios was altered- so spamming the key for entering the bios setup should work.

Windowz10, Jul 29, 2015
  5. MReprogle Win User
    I did just that, after leaving the PC off for a fee minutes, and even though it skipped the BIOS setup screen, it is now 'Restoring your previous version of Windows'. The HD indicator is showing that it is actually doing something now, which is hopeful. Will update if I get anywhere with this. Thanks!

MReprogle, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Install stuck for hours, then no monitor on reboot - Similar Threads - Install stuck hours

2. Stuck at reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck at reboot: I factory reset my asus AZ3101 because I keep getting error codes when trying to run windows update, also ie kept telling me connection not available or something to that effect. Went to do a restore from Navida and when computer rebooted it won't install windows. Says...
  3. Stuck at reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck at reboot: I factory reset my asus AZ3101 because I keep getting error codes when trying to run windows update, also ie kept telling me connection not available or something to that effect. Went to do a restore from Navida and when computer rebooted it won't install windows. Says...
  4. 22H2 - Stuck on 100% Installation for 1.5-2 hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    22H2 - Stuck on 100% Installation for 1.5-2 hours: Hi all,I see a lot of people having issues downloading the 22H2 update, but can't find people experiencing this issue.It's the install component of the update, after you restart the computer."Updates are underway"100% CompletePlease keep your computer on...I'm cautious of...
  5. Windows 10 installation reboot stuck

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 installation reboot stuck: Hi,i have reset my windows 10 laptop Reset this PC-save my files-Cloud download-download and reinstall windows.everything was going fine until when it was installing windows.it will be at the blue screen loading for awhile then the screen will turn black,and say welcome,but...
  6. Windows Installer USB Stuck on “getting ready” for hours.

Windows Installer USB Stuck on “getting ready” for hours.: Just built a new pc partlist: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Deathhawkdown/saved/ since it does not have a disc dive I created a windows install USB following this tutorial I found on YT https://youtu.be/1HuqWGUp0ME followed it to the letter and after twelve hours of...
  7. Stuck at 30% for an hour

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck at 30% for an hour: I have updated from an older insider Version to the newest Version of the Dev Channel. But now I'm stuck at 30% of the update. Should I just let it run over night or restart it? submitted by /u/theoware [link] [comments]...
  8. Windows install stuck on 86% for hours. What to do?

Windows install stuck on 86% for hours. What to do?: Hello, I was going to re-install Windows on my Inspiron 5000 Series to clean it up a little. I went for the option of refreshing Windows I think that's what it's called. Windows was supposed to re-install and keep my files but wipe all third party programs. I selected the...
  9. Reboot is stuck on 65% for 10 hours

Reboot is stuck on 65% for 10 hours: I was trying to "Recover" Windows 10 on my ASUS laptop . The laptop shows 65% complete the working wheel is spinning but no recovery is happening. Any thoughts?...
  10. Win10 install keeps rebooting, stuck in reboot mode

Win10 install keeps rebooting, stuck in reboot mode: Sorry if this has already been posted, but I'm stuck in reboot and don't know how to get out. I left my computer to install overnight. When I came to it this afternoon, it looks like it might have completed, but was still in some set up condition, so I did a hard restart (I...