Windows 10: Install system image on new hard drive

Discus and support Install system image on new hard drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My hard drive was failing so I decided to create a system image to use on new hard drive. Every thing went well until I tried to load system image on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Cee Dee Matthews1, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Install system image on new hard drive

My hard drive was failing so I decided to create a system image to use on new hard drive. Every thing went well until I tried to load system image on new hard drive. Error message informed me that Win 10 uses UEFI, but my Win 7 used MBR. I upgraded my system from 7 to 10 when version 10 was first introduced. I have a external backup of my system and a bootable USB drive, but they aren't being recognized. What should I do to fix this problem?

:)

Cee Dee Matthews1, Jan 26, 2019
  2. dhdude Win User

Replacing old hard drive, need way to copy Windows installation across

Hey Guys,
    What would be the best way of copying/imaging the entire contents of an old system drive over to a replacement hard disk for the same machine? I need to copy the Windows installations and all other data to the new drive, and then format the old drive to use as a backup.

Any suggestions? *Smile Install system image on new hard drive :)

dhdude, Jan 26, 2019
  3. little cat, Jan 26, 2019
  4. Install system image on new hard drive

Problems installing new hard drive

Hello,

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

Install system image on new hard drive

1. Install system image on new hard drive - Similar Threads - Install system image

2. new hard drive install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    new hard drive install: Trying to install another hard drive into my PC, but I don't want to erase the data on the drive. How can I do this? submitted by /u/theflyingpanini [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/v65o3o/new_hard_drive_install/
  3. Installing new hard drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing new hard drive.: When in disk management it says my drive needs to be formatted then a few minutes latter it says unable to format disk it is a WD10 red 3.5 inch hard drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-new-hard-drive/bd54e110-b1e4-47b8-8a30-f6383eb008f7
  4. Formatting Ext Hard Drive for System Image

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Formatting Ext Hard Drive for System Image: I'm using Windows 10 version 1909. If I want to make a system image, can I format the external drive using NTFS, FAT32 or exFAT? Do all three formats work? 175544
  5. New Hard Drive Fitted - Cloned or System Image File will not boot - fresh install will

New Hard Drive Fitted - Cloned or System Image File will not boot - fresh install will: I have an HP Elitebook 850 G3. It was fitted with a 180 GB Sata M2 SSD - which is now struggling or free space. I bought a Kinston 1 TB KC2500 SSD to fit to the M2 slot. I cloned the 180 GB Sata to the 1 TB - but although the drive was recognised and worked, and was...
  6. New system old hard drive?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    New system old hard drive?: Hi, I'm building a new system soon, but I have a question. I just have this hard drive with Windows on it and keep the old drivers and everything. How can I avoid a new installation of Windows now? Can I just uninstall all the old drivers and integrate them into the new...
  7. How to restore Windows 10 system image to a new hard drive?

How to restore Windows 10 system image to a new hard drive?: How to restore a Windows 10 system image to a new hard drive? Re-ask: I want to shift my operating system to a new disk. I have the system image on an external HDD. I have the new disk installed in the computer. C: is disk 0 and the new disk is disk 1. the new disk is...
  8. System Image not recognizing hard drive

System Image not recognizing hard drive: When I try to create a system image it doesn't recognize my external hard drive. I see it in the file explorer but it will only let me back up to a DVD ROM. I've initialized and formatted the external hard drive but to no avail. I can drag and drop any file on to the drive...
  9. Installing a new hard drive

Installing a new hard drive: I have a hard drive failure, I have installed a new 1t hard drive and need to reinstall my OS. The computer did not come with install disks. it is a Toshiba C50 series How is this accomplished?...
  10. Installed New Hard Drive

Installed New Hard Drive: I have recently installed a new hard drive in my computer. I would like to know what do I need to do now to put Windows 10 back on my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installed-new-hard-drive/f1db2a19-671d-4b48-bc26-6843d6b4ad65